Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cptn_star View Post
    kung ganahan magpilot imong anak mam, pardon me if I say this but you're just gonna waste money on BSAT sa IAU. If you look around sa mga aviation threads diri sa istorya and backread them, you'll find that pwede magpiloto imong anak bisag dili motake og BSAT by enrolling in a flight school. Pure flying na siya. Makabasa pud ka sa advise sa usa ka istoryan nga A320 captain na karon sa Cebu Pac nga mas maayo nga motake siya og different course while nagflying sa flight school for the reason that dili tanang nagflying mahimong pilot. So kng naa sya lahi nga kurso, naa pa sya backup career na pwedeng sudlan. However, if you have the money to burn and your son has the overflowing determination, go for it by all means.
    Medjo loading ko sa part nga" if you have money to burn" , in the sense nga technically morag mao raman gehapon kwentaha in fact kung tan-awn nato outside the box doble ang gasto ug mo take ang bata lain course nga d sha happy just for the sake of keeping a back-up career in da future na pwedeng sudlan then ang ending balik nasab me sa Flying2..

Question # 1

1. BSAT from IAU if let's say maka graduate jud ang bata dili diay sha pwede ma ka achieve laing career which is aviation related sab while he's still in da process ( Licensure and no.of required hours ) of pursuing his dream of becoming a pilot.
    Actually, my son and I compromised to a deal nga if dili namo both makaya he ( scholastically) and myself (on financial aspect) he might as well switch his career as a flight attendant/cabin crew (btw, he's just 17 and he stands 5'7 already and he's English Commu skill are well polished both written and verbal + he got da looks , liwat kono nako ) What matters is we give it a shot! We've attempted or tried...
    Dri sa abroad , even high school grads genahire sa mga Top International Airline Companies as flight attendants/stewardees maski gani ur not dat shofo or shofa basta pleasing lang ang personality , you meet the height requirements and with affirmative health and off course last but not the least is your Communication skills. Perhaps it runs in our genes :-p my brother and I we're trilinguals and so as mom, now my son's is showing some interest to learn foreign language , he's currently into Spanish lingo and few French words.
    that is one option...if God is willing nad he'll successfully made it to earn his degree in this field, wala diay lain career opportunities specifically in the aviation field or airline related field nga pwede niya ma-applyan?

Unya sab diay bro , before mi naabot anah IAU , I've done a few research. Of which , some of the inputs I got I must admit was from here.
    Naa nasab koy ge commu thru PM'ed a fellow istoryan who's in da field of aviation and he referred me to this AIRWorks. I've contacted that flying school but honestly , while akong gereview ang course module... It appears to me nga mora man crash course sa flying ang dating kay it'll finish in less than 2 years yata (cannot remember exactly ) yet I'm asked to pay upfront an amount of 1M+ what if d pah kaabot tiug akong anak modili nah , quits akong 1M+ kay obviously it's non refundable.
    For me personally, that is the real burning of cash there!

Pls.enlighten.
    Last edited by miramax; 05-14-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miramax View Post
    then later balik nasab me sa Flying2.

Medjo loading ko sa part nga" if you have money to burn" , in the sense nga technically morag mao raman gehapon kwentaha in fact kung tan-awn nato outside the box doble ang gasto ug mo take ang bata lain course nga d sha happy just for the sake of keeping a back-up career in da future na pwedeng sudlan.

Question # 1

1. BSAT from IAU if let's say maka graduate jud ang bata dili diay sha pwede ma ka achieve laing career which is aviation related sab while he's still in da process ( Licensure and no.of required hours ) of pursuing his dream of becoming a pilot.
    Actually, my son and I compromised to a deal nga if dili namo both makaya he ( scholastically) and myself (financial aspect) he might as well switch his career to becoming a flight attendant (btw, he's just 17 and he stands 5'7 already and he's English Commu skill are well polished both written and verbal + he got da looks , liwat kono nako ) Dri sa abroad , even high school grads genahire sa mga Top International Airline Companies.
    that is one option...if God is willing nad he'll succesfully made it to earn his degree in this field, wala diay lain career opportunities specifically in the aviation field or airline realted field nga pwede niya ma-applyan?
    Unya sab diay bro , before mi naabot anah IAU , I've done a few research. Of which , some of the inputs I got I must admit was from here.

Naa nasab koy ge commu thru PM'ed a fellow istoryan who's in da field of aviation and he referred me to this AIRWorks. I've contacted that flying school but honestly , while akong gereview ang course module... It appears to me nga mora man crash course sa flying ang dating kay it'll finish in less than 2 years yata (cannot remember exactly ) yet I'm asked to pay upront an amount of 1M+ what if d pah kaabot tiug akong anak modili nah , quits akong 1M+ kay obviously it's non refundable.
    For me personally, that is the real burning of cash there!

Pls.enlighten.
    The BSAT in IAU is simply just the same subjects with the ground training in flight schools nga gipun.an ra og mga minor subjects to become a degree. Flying is expensive. That is a fact not unless you're learning to fly in the military. Pwede ra ang BSAT kung mag FA ka or other aviation-related jobs but employment with this credential is ultimately up to the employer's discretion kay naa gani mga nakahuman og FA training na wala nahimong FA.

The flight training in IAU costs more than in the various flight schools in Mactan General Aviation area. The 1M you mentioned was probably a training package from ab initio to commercial pilot level with instrument rating and multi engine rating. You don't need to rush for this because flight training in flight schools can be modular so you can train at your own pace and financial capability.

Kung ganahan siya nga mas wider ang iyang vantage point sa aviation, pwede siya mag AMT while at the same time mag fly-at-your-own-pace flight training. This way, inig graduate nya, mekaniko siya nga piloto pa gyud nga pwede mag FA og uban pang trabaho sa aviation nga field. When i was still a student pilot with IAU nga motransfer na padung sa Aviatours (now AirWorks), mao ni ang strongest suggestion sa akong flight instructor. It's like shooting a flock of birds with a shotgun kay daghan kag maigo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cptn_star View Post
    The BSAT in IAU is simply just the same subjects with the ground training in flight schools nga gipun.an ra og mga minor subjects to become a degree. Flying is expensive. That is a fact not unless you're learning to fly in the military. Pwede ra ang BSAT kung mag FA ka or other aviation-related jobs but employment with this credential is ultimately up to the employer's discretion kay naa gani mga nakahuman og FA training na wala nahimong FA.

The flight training in IAU costs more than in the various flight schools in Mactan General Aviation area. The 1M you mentioned was probably a training package from ab initio to commercial pilot level with instrument rating and multi engine rating. You don't need to rush for this because flight training in flight schools can be modular so you can train at your own pace and financial capability.

Kung ganahan siya nga mas wider ang iyang vantage point sa aviation, pwede siya mag AMT while at the same time mag fly-at-your-own-pace flight training. This way, inig graduate nya, mekaniko siya nga piloto pa gyud nga pwede mag FA og uban pang trabaho sa aviation nga field. When i was still a student pilot with IAU nga motransfer na padung sa Aviatours (now AirWorks), mao ni ang strongest suggestion sa akong flight instructor. It's like shooting a flock of birds with a shotgun kay daghan kag maigo.
    Excuse my noobness sir as I don't speak the Aviation language
    Is FA that you're referring to is for Flight Attendant correct me if I'm wrong.

How about AMT? Aircraft Maintenance Technician? again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    i don't follow you in this part "When i was still a student pilot with IAU nga motransfer na padung sa Aviatours (now AirWorks),"

Quote Originally Posted by miramax View Post
    Excuse my noobness sir as I don't speak the Aviation language
    Is FA that you're referring to is for Flight Attendant correct me if I'm wrong.

How about AMT? Aircraft Maintenance Technician? again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    i don't follow you in this part "When i was still a student pilot with IAU nga motransfer na padung sa Aviatours (now AirWorks),"
    Yes mam. FA = Flight Attendant. Nowadays, they are known as Cabin Crew.

I was once a BSAT student in IAU then I transferred to Aviatours and took flight lessons there. AMT is Aircraft Maintenance Technology. naay BSAMT, naa sad AAMT (associate).

kung financial stable mo hala pag flying mo..kung apike pag amt na lang mo..ni sugod nasad og bloom ang hiring run para singapore para sa mga BSAMT..

Quote Originally Posted by converse23 View Post
    kung financial stable mo hala pag flying mo..kung apike pag amt na lang mo..ni sugod nasad og bloom ang hiring run para singapore para sa mga BSAMT..
    I'm in Singapore right now. Daghan ang pwede masudlan sa AMT grads diri apart from being a mechanic. As an example, they can also be components technicians for airframe and/or powerplant parts. There are numerous aviation companies here. Fokker, ST Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, JAMCO singapore, Panasonic Avionics, Rolls Royce, Textron, just to name a few.

7.    Advertisement

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011