Page 125 of 199 FirstFirst ... 115122123124125126127128135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1990

I will. Thanks boss! Sorry to have derailed the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by korg17 View Post
    in the mailbox today:

sounds so good right out of the box. i thought the X5 internal amp is already very good. this one blows it completely away. sound comparison is like night and day.

stacks well with the X5:

This is it. I think im done with my portable setup
    Congrats! that's one helluva sick portable rig you got there! I'll post mine soon when time permits.

Had some time to take some pix of my own portable rig.

during break-in

on the go

^ those 90 degree cables. sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by shryock View Post
    ^ those 90 degree cables. sweet.
    yes, them cables, dili na jud ma reach...

goshes.....

beautiful man. pretty sure that international+ sounds really good esp when paired with that DX90!
    Last edited by korg17; 08-13-2014 at 12:21 AM.

on the subject of cables, i dropped by Egghead yesterday and got the HS6 stacking kit for the X5 and it comes with the L16 custom cable. since i already had a custom cable from Vorzuge, i decided to test compare and for the first time i realized that cables do impact sound quality. the change is too noticeable to ignore. I let one of the guys there try them out and we had a interesting discussion about custom cables and why they are expensive and how they improve the sound.

Using my Fiio X5 as source and dac, Vorzuge Pure II as amp, HE-400 and Headphone test units from Egghead: Grado SR325i & Sennheiser Momentum

Fiio L2/L8:

FiiO

Thess are the cables that i've been used to which came from my old Fiio amps. made of copper, nothing special but does the job right.

Fiio L16:

FiiO

Material: Still made of copper but with a much better material than the standard Fiio L2/L8

Impression: extended highs, reduced lows which results to improved clarity, although i find the extended treble can sometimes be too bright.

Vorzuge VorzKABEL:

Vorzuge – VorzKABEL

Material: Silver + Gold Hybrid

Impression: dark, extended mids, more punch on the bass but not over emphasised, highs are controlled, wider soundstage. I really like the dynamics this cable has with the Pure II amp. I prefer this compared to the L16.

So, now i have 2 custom inter-connects haha which is a shame since i can use only 1 at a time and both are very good. Yes, I am now a believer, cables do have different sound characteristics depending on the material besides, custom cables look good.

Now, im seriously considering getting cables too for the HE-400 hehe
    Last edited by korg17; 08-13-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by korg17 View Post
    So, now i have 2 custom inter-connects haha which is a shame since i can use only 1 at a time and both are very good. Yes, I am now a believer, cables do have different sound characteristics depending on the material besides, custom cables look really good too.

Now, im seriously considering getting cables too for the HE-400 hehe
    That will bring your HE-400's full potential. I use to think custom cables are just for looks and gives you that placebo effect on sound until I had the chance to test a bunch of interconnect and a few headphone cables and boy they do make a difference.. it might not be night and day difference but it really is there and I can hear it foreals.
    Last edited by foshow; 08-13-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Nice new gears & cables guys, its been awhile I logged in. Nagka high tech man inyo mga DAP ug Porta Amp

BTW cables have only a 5% emphasis on the whole system while the rest are divided for the gears & recordings

11.    Advertisement