Default Any Unity/Unreal Game Developers here?

Hey Guys!

Was just checking around if anyone here is a GameDev Programmer. And if you are, how much experience have you guys had with it.

I'm currently in the middle of a start-up and am seemingly having a really odd and difficult time looking for some programmers. I was thinking- that if it ever gets to the point i can't find one, I would get maybe a Fresh Grad with an IT/Computer Engineering background and have a part-time trainer...

Thanks so much for the responses. The days have been dark the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClintHennesy View Post
    Hey Guys!

Was just checking around if anyone here is a GameDev Programmer. And if you are, how much experience have you guys had with it.

I'm currently in the middle of a start-up and am seemingly having a really odd and difficult time looking for some programmers. I was thinking- that if it ever gets to the point i can't find one, I would get maybe a Fresh Grad with an IT/Computer Engineering background and have a part-time trainer...

Thanks so much for the responses. The days have been dark the past week.
    to @OP, if you had used the search function you couldve found us.
    I just posted a couple of months ago about me planning to conduct Unity workshop.

anyways,

why limit to the two engines? I'm a game developer but i dont use either Unreal or Unity, i write my own engine, but i know Unity, i use it for demo and teaching. I do things natively, coz it gives me full control and not binded with some sort of commercial paradigm and licenses.

what do you mean you are in the middle of a startup? you mean you have/own a startup company or youre working for one?
    If you own or manage one, then hit me up, maybe i can help you,

and with regards to hiring fresh grad, there was a company in Cebu, Also a startup, Japanese managed, who started their own game studio, hired bunch of fresh grads without experience in software engineering in general, and failed in 3 months, by failed i mean they closed. Major reason aside from having 0 experience in game development, they have 0 experience in professional software engineering in general. There was no senior engineer/architect to guide them. (This case just happened recently)
    Last edited by cebugdev; 02-11-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cebugdev View Post
    to @OP, if you had used the search function you couldve found us.
    I just posted a couple of months ago about me planning to conduct Unity workshop.

anyways,

why limit to the two engines? I'm a game developer but i dont use either Unreal or Unity, i write my own engine, but i know Unity, i use it for demo and teaching. I do things natively, coz it gives me full control and not binded with some sort of commercial paradigm and licenses.

what do you mean you are in the middle of a startup? you mean you have/own a startup company or youre working for one?
    If you own or manage one, then hit me up, maybe i can help you,

and with regards to hiring fresh grad, there was a company in Cebu, Also a startup, Japanese managed, who started their own game studio, hired bunch of fresh grads without experience in software engineering in general, and failed in 3 months, by failed i mean they closed. Major reason aside from having 0 experience in game development, they have 0 experience in professional software engineering in general. There was no senior engineer/architect to guide them. (This case just happened recently)

boss kumusta na d.i tong gi plan na workshop? any updates? im sure boss dghan jud nag huwat ato ug isa nko ato,hehehehe

mao gyud... apil apil lang ko kun makaya sa budget pud

I am highly doubt about the Unreal, but can tell you there could be many about the unity anyway for all possible reasons. It's very needed thing in our current life anyway for all possible things out there and you shouldn't discount it hugely.

6.    Advertisement