Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 162169170171172
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1720

For Christians, Jesus is the son of God.

For Muslims, Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Pakapin:

- Muslims acknowledges that their Holy Quran is based on Christians Holy Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by ej___ View Post

Pakapin:

not necessarily "based" jud. but the First Five Books of the bible or the Pentateuch are the same with the first five books of the qur'an and the torah (holy book for the jews).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ej___ View Post

Pakapin:

clarification...

The Qur'an is not based on the bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    clarification...

Oppsss. Sowee if that's the case. That's just what i've heard from some of my muslim friends and colleagues.

I've read some Quran translations and its virtues, most likely it is more or less the same as Christians practice. It's just that what is written in Quran is generously followed and practiced by Muslims.

Default Jesus christ is the saviour

4 simple steps to receive salvation:

1. admit you're a sinner
    2.repent for your countless sins
    3.believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins
    4.ask Jesus to come into your life

and make Him your first priority.

Jesus loves us all...

it is our part to accept him

clarification...

http://www.conservapedia.com/Koran
    Scholars and theologians have identified six main sources for the contents of the Qur'an. The Catholic Encyclopedia states: "The sources of the Koran be reduced to -

• The Old Testament (canonical and apocryphal) and the hybrid Judaism of the late rabbinical schools. During Mohammed's time the Jews were numerous in many parts of Arabia, especially around Medina. Familiarity with them is undoubtedly responsible for many Old Testament stories alluded to in Qur'an. Later Judaism and Rabbinism are equally well represented (Geiger, "Was hat Mohammed aus dem Judenthum aufgenommen?", Wiesbaden, 1833; tr. "Judaism and Islam", Madras, 189.
    • The New Testament (canonical and apocryphal) and various heretical doctrines. On his journeys between Syria, Hijaz, and Yemen, Mohammed had every opportunity to come in close touch with Yemenite, Abyssinian, Ghassanite, and Syrian Christians, especially heretics. Hence, while the influence of orthodox Christianity upon the Qur'an has been slight, apocryphal and heretical Christian legends, on the other hand, are one of the original sources of Koranic faith. (See Muir, op. cit. infra, 66-239; Tisdall, "The Original Sources of the Qur'an", London, 1905, 55-211.)
    • Sabaism, a combination of Judaism, Manicheism, and old disfigured Babylonian heathenism.
    • Zoroastrianism. On account of Persia's political influence in the north-eastern part of Arabia, it is natural to find Zoroastrian elements in the Qur'an.
    • Hanifism, the adherents of which, called Hanifs, must have been considerable in number and influence, as it is known from contemporary Arabian sources that twelve of Mohammed's followers were members of this sect.
    • Native ancient and contemporary Arabian heathen beliefs and practices. Wellhausen has collected in his "Reste des arabischen Heidentums" (Berlin, 1897) all that is known of pre-Islamic Arabian heathen belief, traditions, customs, and superstitions, many of which are either alluded to or accepted and incorporated in the Koran. From the various sects and creeds, and Abul-Fida, the well-known historian and geographer of the twelfth century, it is clear that religious beliefs and practices of the Arabs of Mohammed's day form one of the many sources of Islam. From this heathen source Islam derived the practices of polygamy and slavery, which Mohammed sanctioned by adopting them."[2]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    Qur'an - Conservapedia
    Scholars and theologians have identified six main sources for the contents of the Qur'an. The Catholic Encyclopedia states: "The sources of the Koran be reduced to -

• The Old Testament (canonical and apocryphal) and the hybrid Judaism of the late rabbinical schools. During Mohammed's time the Jews were numerous in many parts of Arabia, especially around Medina. Familiarity with them is undoubtedly responsible for many Old Testament stories alluded to in Qur'an. Later Judaism and Rabbinism are equally well represented (Geiger, "Was hat Mohammed aus dem Judenthum aufgenommen?", Wiesbaden, 1833; tr. "Judaism and Islam", Madras, 189.
    • The New Testament (canonical and apocryphal) and various heretical doctrines. On his journeys between Syria, Hijaz, and Yemen, Mohammed had every opportunity to come in close touch with Yemenite, Abyssinian, Ghassanite, and Syrian Christians, especially heretics. Hence, while the influence of orthodox Christianity upon the Qur'an has been slight, apocryphal and heretical Christian legends, on the other hand, are one of the original sources of Koranic faith. (See Muir, op. cit. infra, 66-239; Tisdall, "The Original Sources of the Qur'an", London, 1905, 55-211.)
    • Sabaism, a combination of Judaism, Manicheism, and old disfigured Babylonian heathenism.
    • Zoroastrianism. On account of Persia's political influence in the north-eastern part of Arabia, it is natural to find Zoroastrian elements in the Qur'an.
    • Hanifism, the adherents of which, called Hanifs, must have been considerable in number and influence, as it is known from contemporary Arabian sources that twelve of Mohammed's followers were members of this sect.
    • Native ancient and contemporary Arabian heathen beliefs and practices. Wellhausen has collected in his "Reste des arabischen Heidentums" (Berlin, 1897) all that is known of pre-Islamic Arabian heathen belief, traditions, customs, and superstitions, many of which are either alluded to or accepted and incorporated in the Koran. From the various sects and creeds, and Abul-Fida, the well-known historian and geographer of the twelfth century, it is clear that religious beliefs and practices of the Arabs of Mohammed's day form one of the many sources of Islam. From this heathen source Islam derived the practices of polygamy and slavery, which Mohammed sanctioned by adopting them."[2]
    nice job james. but its debatable. and sorry james for i no longer have the luxury to get myself in serious discussions the way that i used to. my business is eating my time now.

by the way...nice copy and paste.

and hey the topic is "discussion on christ Jesus", see the title.
    Last edited by Malic; 10-19-2009 at 06:00 AM.

nice job james. but its debatable. and sorry james for i no longer have the luxury to get myself in serious discussions the way that i used to. my business is eating my time now.

by the way...nice copy and paste.

and hey the topic is "discussion on christ Jesus", see the title.

I only pointed out a inaccurate comment that was posted. You have no restrictions to your discussions imposed by me, if you are too busy I fully understand there are times I must travel for my businesses and could be weeks before I can access my computer. Agriculture is like that; busy times, hectic times, and then times when you just relax before it starts all over again.

It was a cut and paste was not my own words, and that is why I included the URL of the website. I do not Plagiarize other's work. I always include the URLs of sites that I take information from. Out of respect I also only used a non religious bias source and one that is referable.

I am glad your business is doing well with this harsh economy, you never said what kind of business you own or where your business is located.

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    It has been "prophesized" that Jesus would come again to redeem us. That goes without saying that the Anti-Christ is coming (or has arrived, whatever your POV is). And we all have our own ideas of who the embodiment of evil is.

Of course, I also read that the bible mentioned something about HOW to recognize if it's Jesus' as man once again. However, there is also mention that there are many "false prophets" before his arrival.

Why am I asking? Because it has been in modern society's attitude that anyone posing as Jesus gets sent to the loony bin. We all know how many of that has happened. What is to prevent any god-fearing Christian from doing it to Him when he arrives? =/ After all, when Jesus first came here we also thought he was crazy. How is it going to be different this time? We surely cannot send him on death row for "masquerading" as a prophet.

Here's another point of confusion. If you THINK you have found the second coming of Jesus somewhere in Lapu-Lapu, are you guys gonna start killing each other because somewhere sa Tisa, Labangon someone also claims to have found the 2nd Jesus? How would you know which one of you is right? Would you start pointing fingers that the one the other guy found is the "false prophet"?

Let's forget for a moment here the debate whether JC actually existed or not. That's is not my topic in this thread.

Just wondering what your thoughts are. Because this has been a bugging thought for me.
    my thoughts, exactly.
    i mean, just given the benefit of the doubt. how would you know who's who? which is which? worst case scenario, labeled him as just one of those subway preachers, some hobo, or even lunatic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PEMLourdes View Post
    4 simple steps to receive salvation:

1. admit you're a sinner
    2.repent for your countless sins
    3.believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins
    4.ask Jesus to come into your life

and make Him your first priority.

Jesus loves us all...

it is our part to accept him
    Jesus christ...what the...

11.    Advertisement