Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bug Reports - v4

Until the new servers come in, we'll have to make do with what we have. I will keep optimizing so that when we move to our new servers in the near future, everything will be highly optimized and performance will be top-notch. Thank you all for your feedback. Please keep them coming. Improving the user experience is our #1 priority.

If mag post quick reply ko.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoR View Post
    Trying something new. I have now confirmed that it is a timeout issue. For the time being, please clear your caches and you'll have to click on the Reply to Tread button for the Quick Reply box to appear. This should work flawlessly during off peak hours. I will observe how it goes during peak hours.
    Perhaps one of the reasons why the slowdowns are happening is because of the ajax/java redirection. I can still see the page display the first post after replying, a window of opportunity that you'll see it then it redirects quickly to your reply. I think of it as a small cheat to jump to your recent post on that thread but things could have been simpler and could have not hogged your resources when you are "truly" redirected to your most recent post (something like a header redirect then append the post id at the end of the url).

But then maybe you're aware of this so I might just be making you laugh your ass off.

boss kindly check this one... it happen thrice tonight and was my first encounter of this bug..

Name of browser: Firefox 7.0.1
    name of bug: password shows during log-in
    how to recreate bug: during log-in

Last edited by crossramz; 12-09-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by personalmgt View Post
    Perhaps one of the reasons why the slowdowns are happening is because of the ajax/java redirection. I can still see the page display the first post after replying, a window of opportunity that you'll see it then it redirects quickly to your reply. I think of it as a small cheat to jump to your recent post on that thread but things could have been simpler and could have not hogged your resources when you are "truly" redirected to your most recent post (something like a header redirect then append the post id at the end of the url).

But then maybe you're aware of this so I might just be making you laugh your ass off.
    I am limiting fixes to the backend and templates. I do not want to touch the actual vB files as this will be hard to maintain in the long run as new versions are released. Thanks for your observations.

Quote Originally Posted by gmaroxram View Post
    boss kindly check this one... it happen thrice tonight and was my first encounter of this bug..

Name of browser: Firefox 7.0.1
    name of bug: password shows during log-in
    how to recreate bug: during log-in

This is most likely due to an incomplete page load. Try to wait until the page and its elements are fully loaded.

sir mag cge lang ug ka double post kay cge ask "do you want to leave page?"

boss Beor thanks much for all the free effort to make this community work efficiently.

I dont know if na post na ni boss. like if i click the last updated thread on the board, the thread then now loads the first page for a couple of seconds then to the last updated page. but sometimes i noticed the i will load the second to the last page of the thread. I'm not so sure if it has something to do with the loading time. Just my experience with the new updates.

More power Istorya!

Blog Entries

I'm working on this annoying issue... hehe... let's observe how it goes from this point on as it is pretty random. I guess everyone is experiencing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahiista View Post
    boss Beor thanks much for all the free effort to make this community work efficiently.

I dont know if na post na ni boss. like if i click the last updated thread on the board, the thread then now loads the first page for a couple of seconds then to the last updated page. but sometimes i noticed the i will load the second to the last page of the thread. I'm not so sure if it has something to do with the loading time. Just my experience with the new updates.

More power Istorya!

boss beor, why is it when i use the "search user created threads" for my own account, the threads do not come in proper chronological order? unlike before that threads will display according to the most recent to the oldest?

Blog Entries

You can go to "Advanced Search" and Sort by date. Let me check if I can change the default behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood_Cebu View Post
    boss beor, why is it when i use the "search user created threads" for my own account, the threads do not come in proper chronological order? unlike before that threads will display according to the most recent to the oldest?

11.    Advertisement

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast