Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default The Mess Hall: Cooking Tips

is lemon balm an herbs that is commonly called TANGLAD in bisaya?

Default The Mess Hall: Cooking Tips

Quote Originally Posted by annais
    really? i didn't know you can't substitute baking powder with baking soda. baking is probably something i might not want to substitute on. lisud remedyohan kung mapalpak...

by the way, what kind of oil ang pwede i-substitute with butter? any will do? i don't like margarine too.
    yea kasi baking soda is concentrated while baking powder is mixed already. baking soda is dangerous kasi. nakakalason cya if u use too mch

any oil can be substituted for butter. i prefer vegetable oil. healthier kc w/o being too expensive and it doesnt affect the taste. be careful though in substituting butter with oil in like muffins coz that will make ur muffin too runny.

Default Re: The Mess Hall: Cooking Tips

@ cc(,``o

noted that. thanks.

@ tolstoi

tanglad. i think so.

i've got a question. when making milk-based sauces, do i have to add garlic or not? i have doubts if the rich taste of garlic would be a good combination for the creaminess of the milk.... thoughts and experiences are all welcomed?

Default Chef / Culinary Arts TALK

Just anything under the sun about cooking , culinary techniques , styles , ideas , question and answers that maybe someone here in iSTORYA can help in a small and fun way . BTW ... career in the FOOD and BEVERAGE field is very exciting and very challenging also .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chef / Culinary Arts TALK

any techniques you can share with us chef?

master chef what is your specialty man bai?..are you into chinese or american cuisine?

Galadriel .... hehehe .... ako gani gusto mang hearing unta gikan nimo .

Tolstoi ..... Im more in the " Asian " side bai but would really love to learn French style just like Hiroyuki Sakai ( Iron Chef French ) .

I dont know how to start a topic na basic lang but I guess I have to start with equipment and tools of the trade before anything else because without these , preps and cooking is impossible . Magsugod ta sa knife set . A typical and basic set ( commonly used ) would consist's of :

- Chef or French Knife
    - Boning Knife
    - Utility or Bread Knife
    - Paring Knife

A good technique also that wil make ur knife dull free forever ( brand spanking new ) , stick it in a whole pineapple for a week and after pulling it out , limpyohan ug suka aron matangtang ang black color na reaction sa metal and acid sa pineapple . Enjoy BA-ID FREE knife forever !!
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Blog Entries

will this technique work on serrated knives?

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    will this technique work on serrated knives?
    Thats a good question .... anyhow... serrated knives are meant to last forever pod mao gi imbento siya . In regards sa pineapple technique ... di na siya kinahanglan I guess .

Blog Entries

how to keep flour free from insects?

experiment ra hinoon ni ako...i keep my flour inside the ref....

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast