Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

wow Soggy2! your plants are indeed an inspiration. keep it up!

wahhhh ka nice. mao ni bisyo sa usa ka japz diri...naa cya mini garden. pero mas daghan pa ko ug tanom niya

Quote Originally Posted by racir View Post
    wow Soggy2! your plants are indeed an inspiration. keep it up!
    why tank you!

Quote Originally Posted by iemanja View Post
    Soggy2, i'm about to start my own square foot garden at our cemented deck. your melons are an inspiration! but i am determined to keep everything organic. maayo unta mo pareho sa imong plants ang results.

where were you able to buy vermiculture?
    salamat. The honeydews are a part of me now... One of them was around 3 kilos and quite sweet. Problema lang kaau ang fruitflies.

Nailad gani ko aning "vermicompost" nako. I was sold some composted coconut sawdust. At first i really thought vermicompost siya kay parehas kaau ug texture but i realized, it has coconut slivers and a lot of beetle grubs that infest coconut trees.

Its great as a growing medium pero i didnt get what i thought i was getting. Ako nalang pud gi augment ug leaf mold as extender and slow release ferts. It was sold to me by sacks at 180 each kay daghan ako napalit.

Ako gi usab ang planter. Raised it another 6 inches and planted corn. karon pa sila ni sprout. Dali ra kaau mo expire ang packet once ma abli na.

Default Re: Square Foot Gardening

I have never been able to find vermiculite in Cebu. In Manila, naa though. I am determined to buy some and start my small garden this year. I have to!

Blog Entries

ma-o na ... lisod gyud pangita-on ang Vermiculite ug ang problem mahal. naa namaligya sa

vermiculite Philippines

ang alternative ng vermiculite - charcoal daw im not sure lang .

may nakita ako sa post :

" What I would suggest being an expander of Perlite and Vermiculite is finding a way to amend a portion of your verm with perlite. Use a smaller portion of vermiculite for water retention and perlite for porosity. From what I understand the reason coarse verm is called for by the authors of this type of gardening is because it serves two purposes (water retention & porosity) and they don't like the white perlite because of appearance purposes. Plus it doesn't retain moisture like verm does. But can be acclimated to work together just like many of the commercial soil mixes that most gardeners/ growers have been using for over a century.

Perlite is considerably cheaper and yes more sustainable than vermiculite. Although the finer grades of vermiculite, like what come from Virgina and North Carolina, are abundant.

Plus if you use a finer grade perlite you can open up more area for the perlite to adsorb water because you are providing more surface area for water to attach to from a finer particle vs. larger coarse particle, which is what is used in most commercial potting mixes.

Have a good day!"

na-a coi vermi compost self produce pero gi pa expand pa nako ron di pa for sale gi gamit pa nako sa akong garden.

nindot affect ang vermi compost sa veggie and flowers pero sa fruit bearing need pa nimo add-on para mo enhance ang flowering.

na-a daghan Variety sa vermi compost dependi unsa gi feed nimu sa imong worm dira pud base ang nutrients nimo ma kuha...

common is cow/horse manure + sawdust + worm = vermi compos

pwedi pud old newspapers + leftovers + worms = vermi compos

post nya ko pic soon..

unsa ka dako sa imo vermicompost

Quote Originally Posted by garbsxy View Post
    na-a coi vermi compost self produce pero gi pa expand pa nako ron di pa for sale gi gamit pa nako sa akong garden.

nindot affect ang vermi compost sa veggie and flowers pero sa fruit bearing need pa nimo add-on para mo enhance ang flowering.

na-a daghan Variety sa vermi compost dependi unsa gi feed nimu sa imong worm dira pud base ang nutrients nimo ma kuha...

common is cow/horse manure + sawdust + worm = vermi compos

pwedi pud old newspapers + leftovers + worms = vermi compos

post nya ko pic soon..

Unsa na worm ang gamit bro? mo start na sad unta kog gardening but I think it would be better if start ko sa soil. thankyou for the info regarding vermicompost.

Quote Originally Posted by inspector_ronan View Post
    ma-o na ... lisod gyud pangita-on ang Vermiculite ug ang problem mahal. naa namaligya sa

vermiculite Philippines

ang alternative ng vermiculite - charcoal daw im not sure lang .

may nakita ako sa post :

" What I would suggest being an expander of Perlite and Vermiculite is finding a way to amend a portion of your verm with perlite. Use a smaller portion of vermiculite for water retention and perlite for porosity. From what I understand the reason coarse verm is called for by the authors of this type of gardening is because it serves two purposes (water retention & porosity) and they don't like the white perlite because of appearance purposes. Plus it doesn't retain moisture like verm does. But can be acclimated to work together just like many of the commercial soil mixes that most gardeners/ growers have been using for over a century.

Perlite is considerably cheaper and yes more sustainable than vermiculite. Although the finer grades of vermiculite, like what come from Virgina and North Carolina, are abundant.

Plus if you use a finer grade perlite you can open up more area for the perlite to adsorb water because you are providing more surface area for water to attach to from a finer particle vs. larger coarse particle, which is what is used in most commercial potting mixes.

Have a good day!"
    kinsa naka try sa uling as a vermiculite aternative ?

update: naka palit ko ug cocopeat ug compost sa ace hardware. nya gi butanagan nako ug uling as alternative sa vermiculite... we'll see what happen...

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast