Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bokreyes View Post
    tried ms flight simulator but gave up after a few tries. was able to take off in a small plane but never got to the landing part. anyway, i guess i'll just have to research on it. will check the actual software title and tell you guys about it. maybe you could give me tips.
    If you're on MS Flightsim, there's a whole bunch of flying lessons there. Take them one at a time. Don't rush. Do it like it's done on the real thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post

Originally Posted by bokreyes
    tried ms flight simulator but gave up after a few tries. was able to take off in a small plane but never got to the landing part. anyway, i guess i'll just have to research on it. will check the actual software title and tell you guys about it. maybe you could give me tips.

If you're on MS Flightsim, there's a whole bunch of flying lessons there. Take them one at a time. Don't rush. Do it like it's done on the real thing.
    Perhaps one key question to ask bokreyes is, "What controller are you using?" A good and reliable joystick or yoke is a must in flightsimming--flying via keyboard, while doable, is very awkward, due to the linear nature of keypresses. Joystick/yoke/throttle/rudder controllers have analog/digital potentiometers that relay precise data on position of the controller and are translated as movements of the control surfaces (i.e. aileron, elevator, rudder) of the simulated plane.

CD-R King joysticks are surprisingly good. I was very skeptical of them at first, due to their cheap price, but now I own two of them. But, if you're more than a casual simmer, I suggest more reliable ones like Logitech (I also have two of these) and Microsoft.

There are more advanced and reliable ones out there, but they're pretty expensive, but if you're into simming for the long haul, and possibly a future career in aviation, then it's very wise to invest on Saiteks, CH Yokes and rudder pedals, and Thrustmaster Cougars.

-RODION

try to check on flight lessons bro...it's on MS flight sim 2004...

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cptn_star View Post
    la man sad ko target mag airline...contento na ko kng magcharter or air taxi...
    Daghan kaayo kong nadunggan ni ingon ana. Naa na sila tanan sa airline. hehehe. Karon ang hiring minimum sa Cebu Pac para ATR is 500 hours TT with CPL/IR, 20 hours multiengine time. Starting pay is about P60,000+/month depending on productivity. Kung Airbus, 1,500 hrs TT with CPL/IR, starting pay between P100,000 to P120,000/month depending on productivity. Ang Seair mudawat nag CPL/IR lang (minimum hours). Ambut lang pila ang suweldo, pero at least turboprop na imong gilupad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    Daghan kaayo kong nadunggan ni ingon ana. Naa na sila tanan sa airline. hehehe. Karon ang hiring minimum sa Cebu Pac para ATR is 500 hours TT with CPL/IR, 20 hours multiengine time. Starting pay is about P60,000+/month depending on productivity. Kung Airbus, 1,500 hrs TT with CPL/IR, starting pay between P100,000 to P120,000/month depending on productivity. Ang Seair mudawat nag CPL/IR lang (minimum hours). Ambut lang pila ang suweldo, pero at least turboprop na imong gilupad.

la man guro blema sa oras, ang blema ani kay ang educational background...associate ra man ko sa aircraft maintenance technology...they need a 4 year course bya...

Blog Entries
    la man guro blema sa oras, ang blema ani kay ang educational background...associate ra man ko sa aircraft maintenance technology...they need a 4 year course bya...
    Then why not get a degree? You're still young, you have the time to get through college. Take note that the course you take DOESN'T have to be related to aviation (in fact, it's highly advisable).

-RODION

d na ko skwela sir rodsky oist...d man jud nako type ang aircraft maintenance...i was really aiming to being a pilot...pahumot ra ni nako akong course....hihi....

by the way, i tried orbiter na sir, lisod jud oist...hahah...im still practicing on it...lingaw man sad ko...

Blog Entries
    d na ko skwela sir rodsky oist...d man jud nako type ang aircraft maintenance...i was really aiming to being a pilot...pahumot ra ni nako akong course....hihi....

by the way, i tried orbiter na sir, lisod jud oist...hahah...im still practicing on it...lingaw man sad ko...
    I said "non-aviation related course".

-RODION

it would be a wast of money and time na sir rodsky...im not into goin for the airlines just because of the salary...im contented with flying low and slow with general aviation planes rather than high and fast on airliners...basta lupad2 nya nagtrabaho...ok na au ko ana...

Elite Member
    Ang PAL ra man tingali ang nangitag 4-year course. Ang Cebu Pacific wala man. Naa koy mga kaila nga dili man college graduate, Airbus naman ang gikuptan karon.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast