Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default How Much Per Month is Comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by buloi123
    Depende ra na sa imo lifestyle.
    sakto jud depende sa imo lifestyle ..

traysikol drayber gani maka pa skwela! graduate pa!

Quote Originally Posted by buloi123
    Depende ra na sa imo lifestyle.
    absolutely correct! as the old saying goes, "KUNG UNSA KADAK-A ANG BUTONES, MAO SAD ANG UHALES (BUTTONHOLE)"

Sa akong lifestyle .... I need at least 250 K a month but sorry to say that my actual income is lesser than half of it . Reason being is I am a materialistic person , if I make maybe 20K in Cebu as a single person then im just fine .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Default Re: How Much Per Month is Comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by norrissee
    Just wanted to solicit your opinions... how much do you think a person should be raking in a month in order to have a comfortable lifestyle. how much for a single person? kung with wife? kung with kids?

Kung naay breakdown man nindot para mas klaro
    Having been on this earth for quite a few decades already, earning enough for a "comfortable lifestyle" all depends on what you are contented with. Put differently, it all depends on what "comfortable lifestyle" means to you.
    I've been blessed to be in a situation where I can earn a lot (and still do, actually). But about 15 years ago I turned my back on a really good financial track in Manila because I couldn't stand the lifestyle there anymore. When I made that decision, I knew that my income would drop anywhere from 35%-50% and I was right, because my contemporaries back then are now earning in the middle 7 figures. But I've never regretted making that decision to come home to Cebu even once. One thing for sure though, my family and I live "comfortably", based on my definition of what "comfortable" is.

im a student but i have alredy income 10k a month... nndot no pero kulang ghapon thats y im doing any business pra mo taas pa gamay..heheh!. business nko gud international pro naa ko cebu..

any amount do will but stick to the best principle in Money Management: "Don't Spend more than What you Earn"

Let me share an anecdote. There were 2 guys who had PHP 1,000 in their pockets. One looked at his remaining 1K and sighed, "How poor am I, who has worked so hard and is left only with this amount of money. I think I better have to get another job. Tihik gyud ni manuweldo amo kompanya."(blaming much on others than himself). The other guy looked at the same amount of money from his pocket and raised his head to heaven and thought to himself, "How lucky I am. I still have 1,000 left. I think I have to stretch this until my next payday. Well, life is good and never been better, since I have a job I like and a company who trusts a simple man like myself. God has blessed me so much. I hope I would spend more wisely from now."(very much comfortable with what he has and very confident for a better tomorrow).

Which one are you?

I think if you earn a thousand and spend 2, you will end up a loser or bum. So, keep your gain and be thankful of what little you have. Spend wisely. Settle and be satisfied with your cellphone now if it helps you contact your friends and loved ones, than spending on the latest one which you will only use for the same purpose. No matter how much you earn, I think you would never be contented, if you spend and want so much. There is a very big difference between need and wants. Know your needs and work hard to create a surplus to spend for your wants. So how much is comfortable? It all depends upon how much your needs amounts to.

having a "comfortable lifestyle" is relative. what maybe comfortable for me, might not be your concept of comfort.

per month salary can only be comfortable when a person knows when to be contented.
    ambot lang ha, bisan magkadako na ang sweldo, it seems like dili gihapon enough
    kay a person creates more wants man gud if he has the money. every time ma satisfy nimo ang isa ka want, you go for another. mura ba you never get contented.

tan-awa naa dato na gani, ganahan pa jud madato samot.
    diba? so depende sa contentment level.

Elite Member

Sakto jud ni si ate_debz. Para nako sad self discipline & frugality are the best to practice. Unsa manang dako sweldo, dato na pero daghan sad utang unya wa sad sobra pirmi!

For the singles, minimum wage is ok. But for the married, just multiply the minimum wage by the number of the family members.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast