Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flying fish View Post
    JK is good,try to find the book entitled "exploration into insight",a conversation w/ a physicist, dr. david bohm,its one of his sharpest explanation on how to come abou the AWARENESS that his trying to convey to his listeners,, very much similar also with Zen budhism (dr. D.T. Suzuki is authentic, allan watts as well), & of the works of Osho, ekhart toole, anthoney de emllo, & Khalil Gibran(the prophet book) autrhentic sufism for me
    i've heard of eckhart tolle in Oprah. hehe

Not affiliated although I know some friends back when I was teaching Philosophy (Ethics, Metaphysics and Theology) before.

Question, so you mean Theosophy does Not go against any religion or their beliefs? U mention man gud influences (?) from other religion, So more on ga collect mu ug idea from other belief?

Quote Originally Posted by SioDenz View Post
    Question, so you mean Theosophy does Not go against any religion or their beliefs? U mention man gud influences (?) from other religion, So more on ga collect mu ug idea from other belief?
    I don't wish to speak for them, but as far as I know, YES. Theosophists believe that God reveals the "truth" to all people and that it is culture that distinguishes such truth to become institutions or religions. Thus, they encourage people to study Comparative Religion not to know their difference with one another but to know what is common between/among them.

There are other similar movements which are said to be far embracing than Theosophy -- the Interfaith Dialogue and Scientology although the latter is regarded many to be more incompatible with most common religions today...just my opinion lang...

Quote Originally Posted by brownprose View Post
    I don't wish to speak for them, but as far as I know, YES. Theosophists believe that God reveals the "truth" to all people and that it is culture that distinguishes such truth to become institutions or religions. Thus, they encourage people to study Comparative Religion not to know their difference with one another but to know what is common between/among them.

There are other similar movements which are said to be far embracing than Theosophy -- the Interfaith Dialogue and Scientology although the latter is regarded many to be more incompatible with most common religions today...just my opinion lang...
    So punit diri, punit didto then form a single Idea based on that. Am i right?

Not necessarily...Theosophy is generally of "hindu-buddhistic" character...but it doesn't promote the same ritualism hindus or buddhists do. What it promotes is the buddhist-hindu philosophy, way of life and ideals which is: the attainment of one's spirituality by overcoming secular desires.

You may point your queries to the TS...he is amply familiar with the subject. I have a very general view of the subject.

Blog Entries
    Theosophy is a synthesis of all the teachings of major religions especially the ESOTERIC side of religion. Theosophy is the study of Universal Wisdom and Brotherhood! We are ONE with all the ESOTERIC and MYSTICAL side of all religions.! We promote Universal Peace and Oneness!

Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    Theosophy is a synthesis of all the teachings of major religions especially the ESOTERIC side of religion. Theosophy is the study of Universal Wisdom and Brotherhood! We are ONE with all the ESOTERIC and MYSTICAL side of all religions.! We promote Universal Peace and Oneness!
    Nice...that settles it...

Quote Originally Posted by grovestreet View Post
    i've heard of eckhart tolle in Oprah. hehe

yah the concept of "here & now" simply erases our treasured concept of who we think we are & how the realities around us, no room for any intellectual & religious arrogance, its more of a practice, w/c s deeply "going in" rather than playing around analyzing things

Quote Originally Posted by brownprose View Post
    Nice...that settles it...

if i may add, theosophia is the inner teachings of every good religion, science & philosophy, it doesnt even require you to believe in "a god" or of any of its claim, it invites you to investigate & to discover TRUTH by yourself, if you have religion it doesnt discourage you & entice you to LEAVE your religion but LIVE it.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast