Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Mayor was being realistic with things , not everyday you see politics set aside and someone giving you the Black and Whites. It's not an easy job and when someone can go out of the norm of politics and speak his mind you know that's special , I suggest visiting Davao, learning, observing, enjoying the City prior to comment.

For all the opinions here - one has that right its an opinion that we learn and share from ...

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

the mayor may be realistic but impractical.

i cannot blame davaoenos that they are already brainwashed by duterte.

but let's face it, davao's pace of improvement is still relatively slow considering the city's resources and potential and there are still lesser jobs people particularly fresh grads still go to cebu and manila for jobs and tourism has not been tapped to its full potential because of the mayor's arrogance and dictatorial rule. it could not get any realistic than that.

moreover, the mayor CAN NEVER eradicate terrorism. Nobody can because terrorism is a faceless enemy.

BTW, whatever happened to the very fat intelligence fund given by Malacanang to Davao City LGU? AFAIK, that is not subject to audit.

realistically, when Digong dies (which he most certainly will considering his disease), Sarah Duterte will be out of the picture because she will be no match to the more seasoned politicians which are currently very close to Malacanang

Blog Entries
    I liked that speech! Hahaha! Good for him, it's certainly not the speech of a TraPo. He is who he is and is unapologetic. Kini siya, si Tomas ug si Alfredo Lim, murag mga triplets. At least he meant every word he said sa iyang speech, dili pareha sa ubang politicos intawon, ga salig lang sa mga speech writers to come up with mabuwaknong mga estorya, puro lang blah blah blah, boring kaayo, hypocritical pa gyud.

Good for you, Mayor Duterte!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothea View Post
    I liked that speech! Hahaha! Good for him, it's certainly not the speech of a TraPo. He is who he is and is unapologetic. Kini siya, si Tomas ug si Alfredo Lim, murag mga triplets. At least he meant every word he said sa iyang speech, dili pareha sa ubang politicos intawon, ga salig lang sa mga speech writers to come up with mabuwaknong mga estorya, puro lang blah blah blah, boring kaayo, hypocritical pa gyud.

Good for you, Mayor Duterte!

I give him that but there are more aspects to a leader and one of them should be diplomacy and diplomacy doesn't necessarily mean being TraPo or a push over.

Look at Davao now, it is still the same 5-7 years ago. If Mayor Duterte remains to be the same, then Davao will be the same in the next 5-7 years.

On the corrupt part, I am not so sure of that. There are 2 kinds of corruption, passive and active.

What do you call pocketing of intelligence funds for terrorism? How about killing almost all the drug pushers but not the drug lords and despite the countless DDS executions there is still drugs in Davao. Doesn't that puzzle the Davaoenos because it certainly puzzles me, a Cebuano/Davaoeno.
    Last edited by LytSlpr; 08-12-2009 at 11:28 AM.

nice speech...i am a cebuano but i like duterte's speech. go..duterte protect our honor..

no body can take away our honor in our own country specialy by foreignerssssssssssssssssssss..........who abuse us, take away our pride our honor our rigth's our being natives in our own country..!!!! salamat duterte for protecting filipinos honor.

Naa nay pagka progresibo si Digong. Ang kanang iyang sentiments against sa langyaw ug kana iyang stance against sa Balikatan exercise mahitungod kana sa nahitabo atong bombing bombing sa Dabaw. Usa ka Amerkano nga operatiba naunay sa iyang bomba nga gihimo nga ningboto prematurely sa iyang kwarto sa hotel. Ginganlan ni cya ug Meiring. While naa cya sa hospital & under investigation sa PNP ...gikalit cya ug kuha ug gi spirit out of the country by FBI agents kuno. Pwerting lagota ni Digong adtong hitabo-a...kay daghan gud nangamatay nga mga inosenteng Dabawenyo. Suwayi ninyo ug google ang name ni Meiring.

"MANILA-CENTRIC NATIONAL GOVERNMENT" I love this term.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionqueen View Post
    "MANILA-CENTRIC NATIONAL GOVERNMENT" I love this term.
    sakto gyud ka scorp's..hehehe ako pud.hehe

nindot ni nga speech, pranka kaayo, straight to the point gyud..murag isog lang paminawn..hehe pero mas maayo nalang ni kay sa uban na igo ra ta pa tuyok.tuyokon..

i read the speech i like it..

i think "Digong" as what the people pondly called him is true to his speech..

If I may be allowed to share Davao's tourism strategy, it can be summed up with this - TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN PEOPLE, REMAIN UNCONQUERED, ASSERT YOUR INDEPENDENT SPIRIT, MAINTAIN AND ENCOURAGE DIVERSITY, ENSURE JUST IMPLEMENTATION OF LAW AND ORDER, AND IGNORE TRAVEL ADVISORIES ISSUED BY ILL-ADVISED EMBASSIES. WE WILL TELL YOU OURSELVES IF WE ARE NOT READY FOR YOUR VISIT
    dapat ingun ani sad tanan lugar sah..

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast