Page 4 of 177 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2008 Playoffs thread

el ley...all the way..

If Utah can't gain homecourt advantage in their first 2 games then they're definitely doomed. All the other Western Conference teams are good home teams and on the road as well, except for Utah, and playing bad on the road will do more harm than good no matter how good their home record is. That's what Utah is trying to fight right now and with the way the game against Houston is going, it seems that they're really going to have homecourt advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by yokam
    If Utah can't gain homecourt advantage in their first 2 games then they're definitely doomed. All the other Western Conference teams are good home teams and on the road as well, except for Utah, and playing bad on the road will do more harm than good no matter how good their home record is. That's what Utah is trying to fight right now and with the way the game against Houston is going, it seems that they're really going to have homecourt advantage.
    I'm happy for the Jazz...

A correction to my previous post. Aside from Utah, Dallas and Denver are the playoffs bound teams in the West who's got losing records on the road.

A very tough run for Western Conference teams, aside from the fact that the standings are so close, all Western Conference teams have close records against each other as well.

Team records against co-Western Conference teams:

1. Los Angeles Lakers (36-15)
    2. New Orleans Hornets (33-17)
    3. Utah (32-1
    4. Houston (32-1
    5. Dallas (32-19)
    6. San Antonio (31-19)
    7. Denver (30-21)
    8. Phoenix (29-21)
    9. Golden State (28-22)

WOHOOOOO!!!!

pagka lami sa beer...pwerti ka bugnaw...

thank you SUNS :mrgreen:

[img width=500 height=400]http://www.nba.com/media/nuggets/Gen2_05wallpaper_800.jpg[/img]

A Dallas loss and Denver win will move Denver up to 7th, New Orleans ang possible makontra. At least makalikay sa Lakers ug beterano nga Spurs.

This is what I want in the West:

Lakers vs Mavericks -> Kobe Bryant will make Mark Cuban STFU and let him contemplate on the mistake of giving up Devin Harris for Jason Kidd. Another 62 point Kobe explosion against the Mavs in the making?

Hornets vs Nuggets -> AI vs CP3. Both are playing great lately and AI is starting to assume leadership roles in Denver. Sit back Melo, the playoffs is AI's stage. Teamplay vs individual play.

Spurs vs Suns -> The best match in this season's first round playoffs. It's all or nothing for the defending champs and it's repeat or redemption for the Suns. It's do or die for both teams and a lot of pride is at stake.

Utah vs Houston -> Part 2. T-Mac must have some love for Utah after the Jazz KOed the Rockets last season in 7, once again denied T-Mac for a second round trip. Houston must have homecourt advantage so we'll see if the Jazz really deserved the 4th spot.

I disagree with teamplay vs individual play (Hornets vs Nauggets)

hahahaha... i dont think mo abot sila 49 wins if ingon ana ila style... well usahay sa closing seconds naa jud ila individual play... but most of the games they were playing as a team...

im not sure but mura top 5 sa assist this season ang Nuggets (pero i know dili kani basehan)

Hehe. That's exactly why I pinpointed individual play because most of the time, AI, Melo, and JR Smith are taking things into their own hands and that makes them easier to defend come crunch time. Denver is made up of shoot and score first type of players which makes it entertaining for the fans but somehow difficult to survive against more well established teams.

I have a theory why Denver is among the league leaders in assists: because every time they catch a pass, they immediately shoot.hehehe. Kidding though. They're a fast paced team and that's where most of their points and assists come from, labi na sa open court.

Quote Originally Posted by yokam
    Hehe. That's exactly why I pinpointed individual play because most of the time, AI, Melo, and JR Smith are taking things into their own hands and that makes them easier to defend come crunch time. Denver is made up of shoot and score first type of players which makes it entertaining for the fans but somehow difficult to survive against more well established teams.

I have a theory why Denver is among the league leaders in assists: because every time they catch a pass, they immediately shoot.hehehe. Kidding though. They're a fast paced team and that's where most of their points and assists come from, labi na sa open court.
    hahaha yah sakto sad basta mka dawat ug bola,itsa dayon... shooting spree gud

Suz pagka lami sa Hornets-Nuggets match-up animal!!! hehehehe

Kuyaw man pud cguro ma upset ang Lakers sa Mavs, that's if Josh Howard would step-up and play like he did last season when he was an all-star...

We'll see... I'll root for the Mavs ky underdog hehehe... Plus, I would really like JKidd to win a title badly...

19pts and 15rebs for The Daddy vs. Golden State... Looks like Shaq is really motivated... Awesome test for the defending champs... Doesn't matter which would team advance... My pick is the Spurs but some part of me is hoping for the Suns to win for Nash's and Hill's sake...

Jazz and Rockets? Jazz... Rockets needs Yao...

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 177 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast