Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Thread: All About Pasta

Default Re: All About Pasta

Quote Originally Posted by hera_82
    weeee... I also love pasta!
    Anyone care to share their own recipes?
    hera welcome to the thread sis...did you check the previous posts na sis? i had there some pasta sauce combinations....let me know which ones you like kay ato i-post ang recipe...thank you for joining the thread!

@ Gwynhuever: Thanks. Karon lang man gud ko kita ani na topic.

Yes! Rigatoni & Farfalle sound interesting... Ngayo ko recipe beh..

For Rigatoni (also known as big ribs) the best sauce nga mo complement will be sturdy sauces with big flavors like puttanesca sauce or shrimp and fresh chili peppers sauce....recipes below:

Puttanesca Sauce (enough for 1 pound pasta):

Heat in a large skillet over medium heat 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, then add 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1 dried red chili pepper. Cook about 30 seconds crushing the pepper with back of ladle. Stir in 1 cup coarsely chopped black olives, 6 anchovy fillets (previously soaked in water for approx 5 min) and 1/2 tsp oregano. Cook for another 30 seconds or so then stir in 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes (peeled if desired, seeded and chopped) or you can use one 28 ounce can whole tomatoes with juice crushed between your fingers as you add them to the pan. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens - about 5 minutes. Stir in 3 tbsps packed minced fresh parsley and 2 tbsps drained capers. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.

Shrimp and Fresh Chili Peppers (enough for 4 main course servings):

This will be ready in the time it takes to boil the pasta!
    Heat in a large skillet over medium heat 1/4 cup olive oil. Add and cook until garlic turns blond: 8 cloves chopped garlic, minced zest of 1 orange (optional - kon gusto kanaa pleasant zing imo sauce!) , 1 to 2 mild to hot fresh chili peppers (seeded and diced). Then add 1 pound shrimp (peeled,deveined and diced). Cook , stirring approx 3 minutes. Remove about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and stir into the shrimp. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Season with salt and ground black pepper.

i will post the farfalle stuff next....lami ang puttanesca sauce sis....one of my favorites

sige Farfalle na sad ta....farfalle (butterflies or bow ties) goes well with chunky sauce with bold flavors....hmmmm how about spicy chicken bits and broccoli!

Farfalle with Spicy Chicken Bits and Broccoli - sauce good for 1 pound pasta

4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
    2 cups broccoli pieces
    2 tsps grated lemon zest
    1/4 tsp ground red pepper
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    pinch of salt
    3 tbsps olive oil
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1/2 cup tomato puree
    1 cup pitted black olives
    2 tbsps drained capers

1 - Combine in a large bowl chicken, broccoli, lemon zest, red pepper, black pepper and salt.
    2 - Heat in a large skillet over high heat olive oil, add chicken mixture and cook . stirring until browned (about 5 min)
    3 - Stir in white wine, tomato puree, olives and capers. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
    4 - Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Serve immediately with grated pecorino cheese (naa ba ni diha sa cebu? - from sheep's milk man ni...kon wala gani subsitute with cheese from goat cheese daw...)

sus hera...nag laway ko nag post ani da....

enjoy the recipes....let me know if you need anything else....

^^ Gywnhuever, thanks kaau! hope to try these when I go home..
    Bitaw, they do sound reaaaally delicious!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynhuever
    klavel...i think in japan they also call this "peperoncino" i do not know why...when i had it first there i searched for the recipe jud using peperoncino...sus lahi man sad diay term gigamit sa hapon....let me know if you wanna have the recipe...this is very easy to make...
    yes ms.! pls. do share your recipe sa peperoncino...spaghetti ra jud ako nahibaw-an..

Quote Originally Posted by klavel
    yes ms.! pls. do share your recipe sa peperoncino...spaghetti ra jud ako nahibaw-an..
    you mean spaghetti with meat sauce...ang classic pasta dish natong mga pinoy....lami pod na ah...ako husband mo ingon man gani nga "why don't you make the pinoy spaghetti?" nahan sad siya oi (italian man ni iyang kagikan sis maong nakat-on ko aning mga mananapa)

anyway here goes your peperoncino thing.... this simple sauce is one of the purest ways of enjoying spaghetti or other skinny ribbon shaped pasta.

Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil (Aglio e Olio) - 4 main course servings

3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
    1 dried red chili pepper (optional)
    3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
    salt and ground pepper to taste

1 - Heat in a large skillet over medium heat olive oil, then add garlic and red chili pepper. Cook , stirring until garlic is pale blond (about 2 minutes). Remove the chili pepper.

(When you drain the spaghetti reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water)

2 - Add the reserved cooking water to the garlic mixture. Add hot pasta. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot and remember no cheese should be served with this dish!

KOn nahan ka sis puede nimo butangan ug toppings kay wa man ta ma anad kaon pasta way unod ako favorite is sliced chorizo bilbao and cabbage (cooked separately)..pag experiment lang unsa nga toppings imo ma ganahan....nya share pod aron naa variety atong Spaghetti with Aglio e Olio! happy cooking...

here's my lasagna recipe as promised

ingredients:

16 pcs lasagna noodles
    1 lb. ground turkey/beef - i prefer turkey
    26 oz. lasagna/spag sauce with meat
    2- 3 cups shredded mozarella cheese
    3/4 cup water
    2 small tomatoes thinly sliced
    1 small onion thinly sliced
    non stick spray or 1 tsp. of olive oil

directions:

cook meat until it turns brown, mix it with sauce, water and onions
    heat oven at 350
    spray non stick spray on a 9x5 deep dish pan
    spread sauce mix on the bottom of the pan
    place 3-4 noodles on top, spread sauce mix on top of the noodles, then spread tomatoes and 2 handful of mozarella cheese on top. repeat this until on the 3rd or 4th layer. make sure you put extra mozarella cheese on the very top.....
    cover with a thin foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
    whatever you do keep it covered to keep the moisture in until it's serve.....

any questions......just ask.....hehehe

have fun cooking!

wow! thank you lindsay im dying to try this~

@ms. gwyn, thanks sa recipe! i'll try cooking this one..

akong spaghetti kay dili man nko ihalo ang sauce daan..usually sa sauce ra nako daugon, hehe..i put raisins, some pepper, hotdog and ground meat (pero pinoy style ghapon)..

pero ang nakanindot dre sa japan kay daghan ka mapili-an na sauce so ako style, ituslob lng nako ang pack sa init tubig then go na...ganahan kayo ko atong sauce na with tomatoes and mushrooms nila

btw, is olive oil acceptable as alternative sa virgin oil? wala man gud ko kabantay virgin oil dre, hehe

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast