i want a church wedding .... be? u heard that ha! church wedding hehehe :P
    faetah pud aning bataa oist... demanding man kaayo hehehehe.. peace tin-tin

Default Re: church or civil wedding???

Quote Originally Posted by Jpacs29
    Quote Originally Posted by tin2x_angel
    i want a church wedding .... be? u heard that ha! church wedding hehehe :P
    faetah pud aning bataa oist... demanding man kaayo hehehehe.. peace tin-tin
    OT: just trying to tease my baby ... hehehe

i really want a church wedding ... and i want my future husband to sing for me ... samtang ni paso ko hehe hahayz sweeT!

@ uyab ni tintin hehehehe

bro pag prepare na ug piece kung unsa imong kantahon hehehehe....

Just a post for practicing Catholic Christians:

DISCLAIMER: If you're not Catholic, please ignore the post. If you think you are, please consider talking to a priest about why civil marriage is not an option.

I'm here in the intent to help my fellow Catholics who may not know the issue in light of the faith:

If one of the spouses is a Catholic and is mature about the faith and has already examined and affirms what the faith teaches, then you know you in your heart that you are morally bound NOT to have a civil wedding. The Church teaches that civil ceremonies are not valid in the eyes of God. However, if you do have a civil wedding to the exclusion of consumation of the marriage (have ***) then it is no sin. In a civil wedding, you are morally obliged not to consumate. The Church still sees you as not married. If you know that you ought not to consumate the marriage but do so, you commit the grave sin of fornication (*** outside marriage), and may only receive communion once you have reconciled through the sacrament of penance.

For any Catholic who honestly knows the faith and what it teaches, marriage is never a preference between civil or 'church'. It's a very sacred union between husband and wife sanctified by God through the authority Jesus gave to the priesthood. It's not just a nice feeling about the 'sacredness' of being present in front of the altar and the music and the songs and all.

I just want to encourage practicing Catholics to be honest about their faith. Please see your priest if you are serious about civil/church marriage.

Happy weddings!!!

thanks golem for the info.... kuti bitaw jud ang church wedding because you need to think about a lot of things... pero despite all the kuti, the gasto and preparation, mas nindot jud ang church wedding uy...

ummmm beach?

@iron_golem just wanna ask you something, is it true catholic priest nowadays wont allow or conduct the sacrament of matrimony to a couple with only 1 being a catholic and the other one as non-catholic? do u know what specific order fron CBCP is this? i tried to email CBCP about this last month, got no answer maybe you will hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Onins
    @iron_golem just wanna ask you something, is it true catholic priest nowadays wont allow or conduct the sacrament of matrimony to a couple with only 1 being a catholic and the other one as non-catholic? do u know what specific order fron CBCP is this? i tried to email CBCP about this last month, got no answer maybe you will hehehe
    hi @onins, thanks for the question.

Actually, i'm not a canon lawyer (a person who professes knowledge in Church Law), just a lay Catholic, but trying my best to understand my faith. So please don't take my word as Church Law.

To answer your question, what I've learned so far is that for a Catholic to marry a non-Catholic in the Church, he/she has to obtain a dispensation (a sort of permission from the bishop). So what you've said is not really true (btw, where did you get that info?), Catholics can marry non-Catholics.

I don't know any orders from the CBCP about that.

The best thing I would suggest if you are really serious about it (and to confirm what I've said) is to go talk to a priest! There are a lot of Churches here you know, I'm sure you can contact your local priest.

And since you are interested in such things, I suspect that you want to know more about Catholicism, and to address further your confusions. You can buy the "Catechism of the Catholic Church". It's available in most Catholic book/religious supply stores. And look up the sacrament of matrimony... there you will know why marriage, a gift of the loving God, is a very sacred relationship, and why a Catholic must go "by the rules" on how to receive that sacrament as taught by the Church.

Hope this helps!

Dispensation? okies thanks for the info. and yes i know catholic can marry a non-catholic but will the priest allow it in his church, thats my concern. heard it from someone not reliable hehehe. well neweyz thanks for the time! ill ask the priest na lang coz i observe that priests in mindanao are more strict than here in cebu. a priest in gensan wont allow a child to be baptized because the parents were not married in the church (civil wedding kase) but i know a lot of kids are baptized here in cebu regardless of the parents' state of marriage. guess this only shows na depende lang sa priest?

@onins, I PM'd you kay off-topic na...

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast