Page 5 of 172 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: JESUS: A Prophet or the Savior????

Jesus was a prophet and to them it was... not god...
    not according to the Latter Day Saints...
    not according to Islam...
    not accroding to budhism
    not according to hari-krishna
    not according to the monks of tibet
    not according to jews <--- this is very interesting,
    ...should I add more?

The Bible says He is God and Saviour, Titus 2:13.
    About the Jews, they don't honor Christ they even say bad words against Him.

18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.
    19 And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?
    20 His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:
    21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.
    22 These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.
    23 Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.
    24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.
    25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
    John 9:18-25.

The Jews are pentateuch (or first five books) belivers.

Peace!

Blog Entries

OT: is this hype caused by that "tomb discovery" thingy?
    iSTORYA.net Sitewide Forum Rules
    Buy/Sell/Trade/Classifieds Forum Rules
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.

Not their beliefs... We can impose so many things according to the bible but there is no point in giving them so much verses that even to them - all they see was a prophet. Try and visit this site... http://www.mormon.org/welcome/0,6929,403-1,00.html and there is an FAQ that you can ask them or even tell them about what you know... and let me know if you can persuade them that Jesus was the son of god. Here's another one... http://www.hinduism.co.za/worship.htm, they believe in God but not Jesus Christ as the son of god... you can ask them too.

Default Re: The Lost Tomb of Jesus: discovery channel documentary

hello dodong?! sa kadaghan nimong gpangpost u dont even know anymore wat u are posting? im not surprised tho nya karon ako imong paukayon tagsa²? wakanalifong hehe
    Wala gyud, bisag usa ra gud,(kana kung naa).
    You're blind in finding fault in me, you're waiting to find fault in me.
    My mind is still clear and intact, There are literal and spiritual words in the Bible.
    Even the literal meaning has its spiritual meaning.
    Earthly things are literal or event happened on earth are literal.

Kong nagsulti ako kaninyo sa mga butang nga yutan-on, ug wala kamo motoo, unsaon ninyo pagtoo kong ako magsulti kaninyo sa mga butang nga langitnon? Juan 3:12

as usual, u missed my point, for the nth time. why am i not surprised?
    Surprised? the time I've asked shoeless_rebel about the ressurection of Christ then it mentioned about literal and spiritual you jumped on the conclusion "finally", without taking consideration about the topic.
    That is why I'm daring you just to show that I've post that "all words of the bible are spiritual and not literal", niagwanta man gani kag atang-atang nga makasulti kog literal, how much more magpakita lang og usa.

Peace!
    Peace!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angelfyre
    The bible has literal and spiritual, hope you know it.---
    Like the birth of Christ, it happens in a manger, is it spiritual or it literally happened?--- as usual, u missed my point, for the nth time. why am i not surprised?
    I'm daring you to post it here if I claim that all scriptures must be dealed or must be understand spiritually.---hello dodong?! sa kadaghan nimong gpangpost u dont even know anymore wat u are posting? im not surprised tho&#160; nya karon ako imong paukayon tagsa&#178;?&#160; wakanalifong hehe
    kalma lang ate jen. there hasn't been a single point where rrcruman posted anything without a bible quote. c'mon, we read the bible and we understand it like you do. but please when you do not understand the point of a person do not refer to any text in the book. it just adds up more confusion, to you and to some readers.
    ------------------------

this is a good read though.
    Theological Considerations

The Resurrection
    It is the central tenet of Christian faith that, some time around 30 BCE, Jesus of Nazareth rose from the dead three days after his crucifixion. The Resurrection is described in each of the four Gospels.

“The Lost Tomb Of Jesus” does not challenge the Resurrection. It asks viewers to consider the possibility that the Resurrection occurred from a second tomb.

The writer of the Gospel of Matthew (28:12-15) addresses a rumor that was circulating in Jerusalem at the time of the Crucifixion, a rumor that we suggest can be taken for the truth. The rumor was that the disciples came by night to remove Jesus’ body from the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea. They would have done this to safeguard his remains from desecrators.

His followers then would have taken the body of Jesus to a permanent tomb.

Even if Jesus were moved from one tomb to another, this does not negate the possibility that he was resurrected from the second tomb. Our documentary does not address this issue. Belief in the resurrection is based not on which tomb he was buried in, but on alleged sightings of Jesus that occurred after his burial and that are documented in the Gospels.

from: http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/theol...urrection.html

and another one:

The Ascension
    It is also a matter of Christian faith that Jesus, on the fortieth day after the Resurrection, ascended to Heaven. There is much debate among Christians as to whether this was a spiritual or a physical ascent. Did he leave his body behind or did he take it with him?

If Jesus’ mortal remains have indeed been found, this would contradict the idea of a physical ascension. However, it says nothing against the possibility of a spiritual ascension.

from: http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/theol...ascension.html
    -------------

There.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.

And we Christians seek the truth? Someone here got a shirt in closet that says "the truth is found?' Over the years it seems its not the truth but their truth that is only acceptable for now...

if this is a hoax, where was Jesus buried?

Blog Entries

Of course, somewhere in the bible said, He was indeed buried. 'They' might have found it. but still there is no proof hard enough to tell that this is really it.

so what are we christians going to do now for this discovery? fear and consider this findings the end? NO. there are many possibilities for this subject. hoax or not, it is an interesting find worth watching/reading.

by the way, i thought Mary, the mother of Jesus, died in Turkey?

c'mon, we read the bible and we understand it like you do.
    how come were different from understanding.
    Understanding is knowing it, why do things not in the bible and preach it to be done and claim to be the truth?

where was Jesus buried?
    Its in this place:http://www.kingjamesbible.com/B40C027.htm
    And even if you found it, Christ was not there anymore because He was ressurected.

Someone here got a shirt in closet that says "the truth is found?' Over the years it seems its not the truth but their truth that is only acceptable for now...
    What truth?

Peace!

You're blind in finding fault in me, you're waiting to find fault in me.---eng eng hehe. bsta lage dli mo agree niya blind lage jud dayun
    My mind is still clear and intact,----
    Even the literal meaning has its spiritual meaning.----expound

Surprised? the time I've asked shoeless_rebel about the ressurection of Christ then it mentioned about literal and spiritual you jumped on the conclusion "finally", without taking consideration about the topic.---- duh? usa ra akng ikasulti, 1 bit.
    That is why I'm daring you just to show that I've post that "all words of the bible are spiritual and not literal", niagwanta man gani kag atang-atang nga makasulti kog literal, how much more magpakita lang og usa.---dont assume that just you're that important nga imong post ra akng atangan

@pottie: hehe kalma btaw...katawa man gane ko.
    there hasn't been a single point where rrcruman posted anything without a bible quote--- s dis for me?

anyway, i think allergic ang Vatican ani coz it contradicts the known tenets of Christianity. so kng naay tomb, meaning naay bones...so he dint ascend body n soul d i? ive read sa internet nga these ossiuaries have been discovered dugay na pero it wasnt given much importance coz insignificant daw. how come karon ra man ni na made public? or timing lng kaha ky lenten?

with the bones found, im sure they are going to test it for DNA, etc. next q wld be to whose DNA are they going to compare it to? Jesus was said to be type AB, would dat be sufficient kaha?

Blog Entries

there hasn't been a single point where rrcruman posted anything without a bible quote--- s dis for me?
    that's for rcruman. to be honest, it annoys me to read most of his replies with bible references and then trying to emphasize that anybody who opposes his views is always wrong. this has got to stop. well, that's just me. be open-minded rcruman. i know you are going to quote this one. feel free.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    they can test DNA samples if they have matches. the question is, naa pa diay? it happened centuries ago. i will be surprised if they find one.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 172 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast