Page 5 of 183 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Filipino Martial Arts

racir, so far twenty pesos per session sa unya 100 ang registration.we will have a training this tuesday at 6:00pm sa abellana sports complex

kamikaze, you got a point there.one of those styles is aikido derived from defense against sword attacks. maybe i should have changed the word unique in my sentence.hehe.

well my point in that statement is that the principles/techniques taught in Kali while using weapons,
    is the very principle/techniques you do when doing empty hand. while aikido is based from katana defense its techniques are not really quite related to the sword art which is basically attacks and defenses as opposed to aikido that concentrates on defense alone. As to other forms of martial arts that are weaponry based, well got to be honest, i dont know others, i havent studied wushu yet.hehe

as to the jujutsu i studied it like this, footwork and body movement, and strategy(attack and defense) are based from swordwork. empty hand tech. is highly similar to swordsmanship. for short principle of swordsmanship and empty hand is same. sword is part of the body, an extention...hara based, not independent...an extention of spirit and body, similar to what i learned in Doce Pares arnis.

i also notice same goes to okinawan kobudo.

ey pauwiks, I know Arnis also....I practice Mig-Sune-Do escrima de san miguel...My very first instructor was Master Alberto Jhun Dacayana....If you wish to learn more about the Art my master is teaching, you could contact him in his cell phone number 09168620897...I don't know really why we train first with weapons then empty hand but master jhun always stressed out that the weapon that we use is just the extension of the hand. A 2-4 strike is too long for combat...I've seen a man fall in a single strike... about the development of one's speed, again the weapon is just an extension of the hand; the hand is faster than the weapon, without your hand the weapon is lifeless. Try to ask someone who practices some Tai chi (yang style preferably) and I've seen tai chi practitioners who move thier hands faster than with the weapons they are holding...

ey pauwiks, I know Arnis also....I practice Mig-Sune-Do escrima de san miguel...My very first instructor was Master Alberto Jhun Dacayana....If you wish to learn more about the Art my master is teaching, you could contact him in his cell phone number 09168620897...I don't know really why we train first with weapons then empty hand but master jhun always stressed out that the weapon that we use is just the extension of the hand. A 2-4 strike is too long for combat...I've seen a man fall in a single strike... about the development of one's speed, again the weapon is just an extension of the hand; the hand is faster than the weapon, without your hand the weapon is lifeless. Try to ask someone who practices some Tai chi (yang style preferably) and I've seen tai chi practitioners who move thier hands faster than with the weapons they are holding...

I'm the man you looking for.... i mastered taichi for 13 yrs......

Your right pare our hands is faster than weapon pero don’t forget weapon is deadliest than hands……

hello tenchu...i think u failed to read the previous post of pauwiks, he looking for students to study under him.

shihan dai?...

oops...sorry newbie pa man gud ko ngari...hehehehehe! I don'tmean to offend anyone. anyway, about the weapon and hands thing, I think we might be arguing in circles kun magdugay pa na nga istoryahan...hehehehe! BADDOG, you practice tai' chi? what style? yang?chen?wu? wow, thirteen years is quite a long time! cool.. daghan diay martial artists sad diri no?

daghan daghan gyud ta diri. ma o gani ganahan ka ayo ko visit diri nga furom kay daghan ko maka ila. akung na met nga taga diri so far si kamikaze,scooby,pauwiks and tiger. sila palang so far. i just wish to met all martial artist here in istorya para at least daghan kug ma amigo nga martial artist from istorya. he he he. I used tang-su-u and taichi chuan. and di lang taichi ako na hibaw-an practice sad ko ug Aikido, foot boxing,chinise kick boxing,hard kung-fu,karatedo and taekwondo. Apil sad ko ug mga freestyle martial arts tournament he hehe. ma o na na usab ako hitsura kay sige lang ka igo sa ilang dagkong kumo. he he he he he.
    About arguing, daghan ka ayo diri ang mag lalis about something pero doesnt mean na gi personal nila, parang sharing lang of ideas...
    Hope to see you tenchu....

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 183 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast