Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Infractions 101

Blog Entries

Yeah. At least, the new vbulletin has provided enough privacy for the infraction thing especially for those who have personal avatar faces. Sa una, maka-degrade gyud basta warned ka or muted kay kita kaayo.

I got my share when i said the 3 word phrase in an acronym.. hehehe.. but that's all right! i was pissed off that day and as a result i posted an explicit acronym.. but am glad bec. mod OMAD sent me a PM informing me about my infraction and i love it!

Unlike before, there was this MODERATOR nickname that WARNED me and forgot to uplift it even if i already admitted my voilation.. duh! didn't even bother to PM me why he warned me.. unsa ko manghuhula?

naka violate jud ko sorry mods. i thot okie ra to ako avy di man diay pwede..xensya na

aw daghan2x na pud diay na-infra? abi nako gamay rami d tig-basa sa rules. hehe...

nakaduwat ko 1 ana ni dondon because of double-post pero ok ra man. layo pa au ni sa ban. mawa na man pud ni ugma... yehey!

maau sad ni ba para ma-aware ta satong mga sayop bsan d ta tigbasa sa rules. hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by karp miharby View Post
    maau sad ni ba para ma-aware ta satong mga sayop bsan d ta tigbasa sa rules. hehe...
    Maayo gyud ning infraction kay manug-an na man.

hihihi! bitaw sad pero abi nako okey ra to ako avy..kay wa man naghubo gud...pero seductive lang kaayo to..hahaha' infraction nuon labas nako.. hihihi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WengIA View Post
    hihihi! bitaw sad pero abi nako okey ra to ako avy..kay wa man naghubo gud...pero seductive lang kaayo to..hahaha' infraction nuon labas nako.. hihihi

..haha! daan ko pa! dare2x pa nga musunod ko.. hihi.. d jud to pwd weng..

OnT: .. i was warned about my use of BIG and small letters on my posts before .. but i got no pm from any mods .. i think it was just a warning for infractions.. hehehe.. buti nalang!

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    What I think about this subject and about the recent threads that I haven't bothered posting in can span a whole novel ... so I'll just copy and paste ...

This is our house, we look for the same behavior we'd expect from any good house guest. That means name-calling, personal attacks, spamming, excessive self-promotion, condescending pomposity, general assiness, racism, sexism, any-other-ism, homophobia, acrophobia, and destructive (versus constructive) criticism will get you bounced out of the party.

That said, we don't want to be cops, we want to have discussions. So we're not heavy-handed with the banhammer. We aim to keep open minds, we like to hear y'all express yourselves (even when we disagree with you or you're disagreeing with us), and we stay pretty lenient overall about what goes on in the threads. On a given day, we might let something pass because we're feeling generous. On other days, a lesser offense might rub us the wrong way. It's an inexact science, and the decisions are subjective, and we are humans. If a usercontacts us and tells us something really made him or her uncomfortable, we are more likely to ban/give infractions to the offender for a comment. We want this to be a safe and friendly place for everyone to be.

Commenting here is a privilege, not a right. This is our party, and our job is to be good hosts. Your job is to be good guests.

Do you ban readers who criticize moderators? Nope. We thrive on constructive criticism. We're always listening to what you have to say and trying to improve. If you think we were in the wrong, follow these steps:

1.) Remember that there are real-life, flawed humans behind this site.
    2.) Outline, calmly and politely, what you feel the problem is privately with the moderator or through the admins and senior moderators. Public lash-outs generally don't get you anywhere. We correct inaccuracies, and we love to hear your opinion, good or bad. However, if your comment is a disrespectful teardown that doesn't help us learn or make us do better, you're out.

If you got an infraction, live with it, it isn't so bad. Only people who repeatedly break the rules should have any issue with infractions. People need to remind themselves that iSTORYA has thousands of users, the majority of them never receiving an infraction. Staying within the rules is not very hard.

Infractions will almost never be overturned. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO YELL OUT LOUD THAT WE NEVER REQUIRE A MODERATOR TO INFORM PEOPLE WHEN GIVING GIFTS OUT? If a moderator overturns an infraction, that is a courtesy and nothing more. Admins do not have the time to track down individual infractions and review them. Admins trust moderators. Admins trust moderators to be human and can sometimes err. That is why they have been chosen as moderators.

I find myself forcing myself to stop because long posts like this which may be informative, generally aren't read by the people who need to read them. So I will end this here.

i got an infraction coz i used inappropriate word.. medyo na da lang ko sa issue.. Next time mag.careful nko sa ako gi.pangtype..

Sorry site keeper... and long live istorya.net!!!

i GOT 3 dli rani delikado?
    with 2 in a row

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast