View Poll Results: Close/Lock the Free Internet threads?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's appropriate that these threads be closed.

29 19.33%
  • No, there is nothing wrong with it.

111 74.00%
  • Undecided.

10 6.67%
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: OPEN FORUM On Free Internet (USB Modems)

Quote Originally Posted by twEATer View Post
    I'm not really 110% sure in agreeing with you bro.
    APN Access Point Names AccessPointNames.com
    Access point names are parameters which we need to configure in order to allow access to the Internet from a mobile phone network. The mobile phone uses APN to connect to a GSM carrier as a configurable network identifier. It is necessary to be used as it is on the basis of an APN that the carrier decides as to what type of network connection should be established.

And I don't have to prove myself if nakasuway na ba ko mag-VPN kay as far as I know, I tried setting up VPNs for Linksys/Cisco Routers. Not the type of VPN's that are being given free or in paid subscription. Instead, VPN's that are used by executives to access their company files and alike when they are on a business trip or away from their office.
    try these free vpn internet for fun lang bro, if ganahan ka, setup wireshark, naa pay daghan free apps sa solarwinds, mga trial versions pwede kaau. enjoy & be surprised of what's in there, he he he... ya know what i mean.

HowStuffWorks "How Firewalls Work"
    "Basically, a firewall is a barrier to keep destructive forces away from your property." Now, why would you say nga ang telcos na bahala mag-upgrade sa ilang firewall if using FBT tricks is in some way (you may define it) not destructing their properties?
    ay, sorry kung nasayop ko tol. change na lang from firewall to security
    sorry po, tao lang, masayop usahay

ako man gd mga freinds nga vpn owners, firewall ang term
    naa man gd public free vpn nga ang name is security kiss vpn
    lain man sd kung security guard ang e name. hehe. sorry again....
    Quote Originally Posted by netcommando View Post
    telco but not the wireless. not worried about sa gasto sa telco kay billionaire man kaha na sila but ako gitan-aw ang kahasol sa pag-atiman sa backends, i work with the backend devices & nalooy ko sa nag-atiman sa backends ining mga wireless telco, imong gibisto ang ila ka-weak lutsan gud unya pasagdan pa jud, bisan palak nalang unta wala jud. dili lang sad jud ko determine ug ang wireless system ba nila ang drawback ngano nalutsan sila sa data communication. wa pa koy nahibaw-an sa history nga na-billionario ang usa ka employado tungod sa iyang loyalty sa companya. ikaw dali ma-billionario kay tricky kaau imong abilidad comparable to biil gates, steve jobs ug mark zuckerberg, he he he
    hehe. no comment. wala man nako gi bisto. share lang ko.... apir na lang ta bro..

Quote Originally Posted by ibaning View Post
    there's definitely wrong with your understanding bout vpn's.. no offense hehe

YES, gabayad ang uban dha sa servers that has connection to the internet. but to get to these servers you will need ISP's infrastructure, in this case ang signal sa smart/globe/sun. unya ga-bayad ba kha ni mga tawhana sa pag gamit sa resources sa ISP? dha na mausab ang storya. theres no such thing as free, di bya lalim magpatukod ug tower pra mka provide ug signal. pla kha gasto (initial capital + operating expenses). mao mahal ang LEGAL internet connection. pro ang uban dra nga "free" loader lang mka provide dayon ug internet for as low as P75/mo.
    buying the modem and simpack is as good as paying them. kun naa na nato ang modem ug sim we need data para maka internet. palit ta ug data para maka internet. since vpn is using our own data from the servers nga amo gipalit, there's no need to pay to the ISP. it's true nga gigamit namo ang ila signal since apil na cya sa pagpalit sa modem ug sim.

for me it's not logical to pay the ISP for data if i am using my own data gikan sa ako nga server gipalit.

talking about (initial capital + operating expenses) for me there's no need to worry kay ang mga ISP are earning millions of pesos every year. same reason ngano mahal ang net connection, the telcos are earning millions. ang vpn owners are not earning millions mao nga tag 30-100 per month ra ang bayad.

up..up..up!!

Globe's Terms and Conditions
    http://shop.globe.com.ph/terms_condi...onditions2.pdf
    You must not: (i) use (or attempt to use) or distribute tools designed for compromising security including, but not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools, (ii) knowingly transmit or disseminate any information or software, which contains a virus or other harmful feature, (iii) use (or attempt to use) the Service in a manner that may interfere with the technical operation of the Service or any other computer, system, network or telecommunications services, including (but not limited to) denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a Service, improper seizing and abuse of operator privileges and atempts to ‘crash’ a host, or (iv)interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the regular workings of our systems or network connections.

Smart's Terms of Service
    Smart Bro Subscriber Application Form - Smart Communications
    1.7 Use of the Service. The Subscriber?s right to use the Service is personal to the Subscriber. The Subscriber shall not re-sell or make any commercial use of the Service, without the prior express written consent of SBI. The Service shall not be utilized in bypassing or in activity/ies that tend to bypass the network.

Sun Broadband's Terms and Conditions
    Sun Cellular
    d. Unauthorized activity/service include but is not limited to, International Simple Resale (ISR), Call Back and any other analogous services, or any alternative calling procedure which bypasses the DMPI network and/or prevents DMPI from imposing and/or collecting the applicable legal charges.

Please enlighten me.
    1. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) part of Globe's regular workings of their system or network connections?
    2. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) not bypassing Smart's network?
    3. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) an authorized activity by Sun?
    4. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) not preventing DMPI from imposing and/or collecting the applicable legal charges?

If possible, please provide sources of your claim. A lot of us may say it was not mentioned but take note the statement "but is not limited to".
    Please ko enlighten ani?

nag ka nindot ang discussion diri. pls keep them coming.

to make my point short. signal is FREE for all. we don't have to pay for the signal bisan gikan pa na sa tower sa mga ISP ang signal nga ato gigamit.

for example naa ka celfun unya wala load pero naa signal everyday, do you have to pay for the signal kay naa signal imo fun everyday gikan sa telcos?

peace to all mga Bisdak.

Quote Originally Posted by psychemaster View Post
    to make my point short. signal is FREE for all. we don't have to pay for the signal bisan gikan pa na sa tower sa mga ISP ang signal nga ato gigamit.

for example naa ka celfun unya wala load pero naa signal everyday, do you have to pay for the signal kay naa signal imo fun everyday gikan sa telcos?

peace to all mga Bisdak.
    Mao lagi ang pangutana diha kay, Was it intended for such use? Inana ra man kasimple ba. Nganu wala may makatubag ana? Molikay mn sa ana nga mga pangutana. Dili man na calculus nga nosebleed.

1. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) part of Globe's regular workings of their system or network connections?
    2. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) not bypassing Smart's network?
    3. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) an authorized activity by Sun?
    4. Is using free/paid VPN (to access the web) not preventing DMPI from imposing and/or collecting the applicable legal charges?

OMG, obviously they have to provide you with a signal so you can use their services. Is free/paid VPN at a certain amount/month part of any of the TELCO's services? Answer is NO. You have to pay these telco's to avail of their services.

In fact, we are very fortunate of having cheaper internet connection plans. In some countries, they don't have these unlimited data plans. You must buy an amount of data for your usage (e.g 15gb of Data download and upload). Or you buy a time for using their internet services (e.g. 30 hours).
    Last edited by twEATer; 09-07-2012 at 03:08 PM.

peace to all mga Bisdak.
    do you think nga signal inyong ge gamit? seriously you dont know what ur talking about.!!

Imagine veco without a meter!! MCWD without a meter, unsa imong ge gamit diba main nga Pipeline nila pero dili ka kakuha og 2big kung dili ka kabayad!! same logic dude.

Veco - User < Electric Meter > Main Line > Power Distributor

MCWD - User < Water Meter > Main Pipeline > Reservoir

Telco - User < Phone/Modem/Mobile Station > Tower > Datacenter

i think you don't know how the data-communication between you and the datacenter work!...

"SIGNAL IS FREE THE DATA IS NOT"
    Last edited by tsunade; 09-07-2012 at 03:26 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast