Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: PROGRESSIVE

Default PROGRESSIVE

hala ka diha! kalawom na ani...hahaha...btw,hurd some songs form RUSH na jed!hahaha been doing my homeowkr sirS! hahaha its good sad uy...payter kaayo... nga-nga gihapon ko...

sorry lang pero i still LOVE DT! hahaha ambot uy...fan nako nila... and i guess wa na tay mahemz ana... i like them...you like rush,king crimson and etc....basta rehas ra na uy!

Default PROGRESSIVE

ako kay ganahan ko ug dreamtheater pero ang dreamtheater dili ganahan nako paet!

Default PROGRESSIVE

Can we dig a little deeper?

http://www.gepr.net/geprfram.htm

Default PROGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by GlassMoon
    Listen to The Mars Volta. They're a new prog rock band, who sound really old school. Amazing.
    i saw them in mtv... the afro former members of at the drive-in made this band. i never really listened to prog before, but since its the guys from at the drive in, i think im gonna buy thier album... useless fact: i also have an afro..

Default PROGRESSIVE

Fingolfin.. actually Geddy Lee has a very high voice (higher than LaBrie's) pero he don't do that anymore.. pero sa albums nila during the 70's, kit-an sab nimo nga pina Robert Plant sab mo syagit. Check the song CIRCUMSTANCES from the Hemisphere's album.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Default PROGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by EZRA
    Fingolfin.. actually Geddy Lee has a very high voice (higher than LaBrie's) pero he don't do that anymore.. pero sa albums nila during the 70's, kit-an sab nimo nga pina Robert Plant sab mo syagit. Check the song CIRCUMSTANCES from the Hemisphere's album.
    ........daaay!! grabiha gud!! i haven't heard their older albums man gud. I call Rush; the father of DT. I don't know about comparison; i'm a great DT fan but i have to say that Rush is far cooler; why, one reason is that John Lennon look-a-like bassist of their's Mr. Geedy Lee, he can still "sing" while playing the bass guitar, and it's complicated basslines. Just like Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, playing while singing. It's hard!!! And that a-hole drummer Neil, he has the most odd looking drumkit. Portnoy's not a drumkit but a "spaceship",hehehe........but i just like the "heavier" side of DT.

Default PROGRESSIVE

Does anyone have a copy of either of LTE's (Liquid Tension Experiment) CD's? Ang akong gi-pada sa akong kompare from the States wa pa ma abot (via Balikbayan Box)...Thanks!

Default PROGRESSIVE

Actually.. Neil's kit is very very "ergonomic" ...pero ang naka apan lang kay taas kaayo naka mount iyang toms sa left, taas man sab gud siya .. he believes in the "circular motion" theory... so mao nga ingon ana iyang setup. Murag hagdan... taas ang high toms then magka ubos-ubos then mo taas na sab ug balik inig abot sa floor toms.
    Yeah bai... grabeg tingog si Geddy pag 70's ...

I hope you're kidding about him being an A-HOLE... kay Neil is a really nice guy. Barenaked Ladies' drummer was telling a story about the first time he met NEIL.. being Canadian, he's a huge fan.. he was holding a cup of coffee when he was facing NEIL.. he was trembling and he spilled coffee in Neil's shoes... Neil just smiled and told him it's okay.

I don't like Portnoy's kit... it's seem so complicated to play (the siamese monster) .. and the Purple Monster looks like you're in a tight space.. everything is cramped up, nag sapaw sapaw ang mga gear. Pero anad anad raman sab na ang setup gyud ba.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Default PROGRESSIVE

Got a vcd copy of Rush's "Show of Hands". It's different from the CD audio copy. Nevertheless, the guys are still incredible. Neil has his own style. As a guitar player, Al is amazing. He may not be a shredder, but he's a legend. Greg Howe even covered "La Villa Strangiato". Great cover! Even heard DT's version of the "The Trees". As expected, it sounded the song's been on steroids. Great cover, too!

Default PROGRESSIVE

Try the new Live DVD they released late last year.... RUSH IN RIO
    it's a double CD.. 3 hrs of coverage. I was at their New Jersey show July 2002 .. best show I've ever been to..

11.    Advertisement

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast