Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    hahaha... seriously, did you read the first post? the first post clearly defines what i mean by MIRACLES. if you say MIRACLE like how i gave my own definition of it (i.e breathing), then sorry to disappoint you, but i'm pertaining to miracles as how Webster defines it. i merely answered josephdc's question about how i personally define miracles, then you butted in.

really, being a newbie that you are, learn to read how the conversation went before you start yapping about closing this thread or making another one. tell that to the moderators. or you're probably one of those people who got banned so you created another nick. hmmmm...
    is that the thinking of a skeptic? making definitions of his own? better make your own dictionary chad...

hahayz. lisura nimo pasabton oi. off topic na kaayo ta. back to the topic:

what's your take on apparitions? i remember my aunt back in Cebu. she used to have this book about supposedly Marian apparitions. in Fatima, the Virgin Mary reportedly revealed several other secrets to the three children, details like the end of the world, 3rd world war, etc... written in detail. i forgot the name of the book, though.

anyhow, visit this thread as a start: Modern Catholic Prophecies, Miracles and Apparitions

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    hahayz. lisura nimo pasabton oi. off topic na kaayo ta. back to the topic:

what's your take on apparitions? i remember my aunt back in Cebu. she used to have this book about supposedly Marian apparitions. in Fatima, the Virgin Mary reportedly revealed several other secrets to the three children, details like the end of the world, 3rd world war, etc... written in detail. i forgot the name of the book, though.

anyhow, visit this thread as a start: Modern Catholic Prophecies, Miracles and Apparitions
    we are not out of topic. we are still talking about miracles. the problem is, you made your own definition and i'm just following you. so if we include your definition, then miracle is real.

so you do not believe that the world will end?

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    What is phenomenon by the way, is this a scientific term, is this still within the boundaries of the so called "Laws of Nature?".........

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    "Phenomena is a fact or event that appears or percievable by one of the senses." In other words phenomena are complex things that incorporate things, frameworks and clockworks. Phenomena has orgins, destination, purpose, boundries, duration, structure and sub-structure and can be modeled to various degrees of accuracy.

Source:

Phenomena: What is Phenomena?

Are Miracles is what Science called Phenomena something it cannot explain but do exist?...........

Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    "Phenomena is a fact or event that appears or percievable by one of the senses." In other words phenomena are complex things that incorporate things, frameworks and clockworks. Phenomena has orgins, destination, purpose, boundries, duration, structure and sub-structure and can be modeled to various degrees of accuracy.

Source:

Phenomena: What is Phenomena?

Are Miracles is what Science called Phenomena something it cannot explain but do exist?...........
    miracle is synonymous to phenomena according in Thesaurus.

i believe in miracles... there are lots of unexplained complex things starting from the human body itself... and so on which proves the presence of a higher being...

Quote Originally Posted by fieldygabs View Post
    i believe in miracles... there are lots of unexplained complex things starting from the human body itself... and so on which proves the presence of a higher being...
    I do agree...

Quote Originally Posted by karwren View Post
    Testimonies , can't take that away from the person who's testifying and considers it to be a miracle. That's theirs. If more people accept his and her testimony,then they do. Question of it being more valid
    to justify it as a miracle will not affect the one who experienced that testimony, nor those who believe in them. JMHO.
    It will affect because even SCIENCE na gani ang mo conclude , i question pa man gani . How much more from the testimonies na pwede lang mag make up ug stories but my point though is how strong is a TESTIMONY which can convince others to be considered as VALID unless all people have the mindsetting comparable to yours .

@CHAD ....

i'm cool with testimonies. but again... just because a person says this and that doesn't automatically mean it's real. we have to be critical of the world around us by way of being inquisitive on almost everything. a lady says she's had cancer, went to Simala, touched and kissed a piece of wood, and got healed the next month? come on.
    That is another story Chad . What i am referring to is kana when a phenomenom occured , a lot of people witnessed it say 20 , 50 , 100 . All shared the same testimonies .

To all :

Please be guided accordingly if you guys want the thread to continue and in respect to CHADS guidelines , he was asking for MIRACLES that involved a DIVINE INTERVENTION .

The very first post I made came with a definition . There are lots of MIRACLES in our lives but we are talking about the Catholic church miracles . Images crying , eucharistic miracles etc . Not the typical miacle na a patient survived from a level 4 cancer , we wake up for another day , we passed the exams etc .
    Last edited by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40; 01-10-2010 at 10:14 AM.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Not the typical miacle na a patient survived from a level 4 cancer

For me, surviving level 4 cancer is not a typical miracle, considering na hapit na ka ana sa finish line. In fact, you can really die of cancer, regardless of what stage you're in. Unless the cancer cells are not resistant to chemotherapy and radiation therapy (if you go to conventional medicine), you'll surely die of level 4 cancer. Sorry if I get too touchy about this because I have a family member who's currently battling cancer right now. I also lost loved ones because of it.

Anyway, back to Chad's question. I am raised Catholic, but I'm quite apprehensive about miracles and apparitions, perhaps because of Judiel Nieva and the dancing sun. Every time i look at the sun karon, mora man jud cya og nagsayaw, so I really don't know if there are truths to these. Pero I do believe na there are some miracles that are authentic or laden with Divine Intervention.

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast