Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default LADY IN THE WATER (2006)

M. Night Shyamalan's next.

No longer am I gonna be listening to the critics; as they have no respect for this auteur of a director, and their quest for over intellectualization by giving his movies destructive and scathing criticism only make me look down on them because of their stupidity.

Yes, I'll be the first in line when this comes out...
    Another supernatural drama thriller about a super in Philadelphia who finds a mermaid in the apartment's swimming pool...

What's nice is that Manoj takes cliched storylines, shows us these stories with his own voice and he always adds something that connects very well to the audience.

His last movie had a brilliant sociological theme; a nice show don't tell commentary on today's society yet he disguises it as a popcorn roller-coaster ride horror movie. Also had some very true life lessons.

Sometimes, people don't do things they want to do so people won't know we want to do them

I wonder what new lines I'll be quoting when LADY IN THE WATER comes out next year...

weeee!!!!!

i like M. Night Shyamalan's film... peru some dont.. ngano kaha..
    nindot man sila!!

I'm glad you are excited too...

Most people feel so smart they can't just sit back and relax the piece of art that Shyamalan makes... besides, Shyamalan caters to the masses but there's something to his movies more than just the scares and anticipation of action.

bitaw, cool man si Mr. Shyamalan...can't wait for this one

i'm a fan of this man...

count me in...

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

I've always liked his movies ... but you do realize that you are a critic yourself? ... even more of an armchair critic than most.

@vern: for whom is that question?

No I'm n0t.

I'm Joe Average moviegoer. I say what I feel. I am a scary judge of talent...

the only one movie that i didn't see was unbreakable. was it good? so far i like all of his movies.

i'll be waiting for this movie.

@MrBiddle
    thanks for the heads up. looking forward to this.

btw, i've enjoyed reading your reviews specially of the classics but i'm gonna have to agree with vern not so much of you being a critic but of you sounding too much
    like a critic. i don't mean that as something bad btw, au contraire

OT:
    i have stopped reading reviews of upcoming films for quite sometime and this
    seem to have raise my enjoyment of movies considerably. i'm also now trying to
    skip trailers. this one is a bit hard to do and to let go.

when i went to watch "the village", i had no idea what it's all about.
    the movie really scared me (not like sixth sense though. that one made my skin
    crawl and made the hair on my arms/neck stand up) and while the movie was
    ongoing, it being a shyamalan film, my mind was trying to figure out what the
    twist will be. sadly, i didn't get it. the revelation though left many people bummed.
    i think most felt cheated or annoyed that they got scared for no reason at all.
    there was of course no cheating done (not like "hide and seek") and the revelation
    was timed perfectly. after leaving the theater and even up to now, i'm still left
    pondering. were the elder's right in forming the village? were the brutality of their
    past experiences enough reason to curtail the freedom of (or shelter) their young?
    they were in effect playing god and the movie does not answer these questions.
    you are left to decide on you own. m. night shyamalan is a great storyteller.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast