Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default cebuano musicians campaign!

have u ever asked your question why there isnt any bisdak musicians made it big nationally?
    the answer is simple. Cebuanos are hard to please. I remember some band said it best before and it might be freestyle. "if you can make it in cebu, you can make it anywhere".

how do we solve a small problem?

thats easy!

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ACTS! hehe....

anyways, Im not sure if this idea would work but-

what IF every weekend in 1 exclusive bigger venue, top notch equipments (the better the equipment the better the output the more pleased the crowd is). and crowd MUST FULLY SUPPORT EVERY SINGLE ACT! and of course the gig MUST sell out EVERY weekend! and BANDS must be well compensated, i know for a fact that most organizers are crooks themselves. bands compensation is their motivation to write more (johnny marr's advise to musicians is to keep writing songs).

how hard is it to pack a 500 pax venue in cebu? problema nato gud kay isig pa ugatay lang. if you sell out 500 tix @ 100P each thats alot of money. sponsors will be happy, bands will write more songs. 3 bands/ night is good enough. after that if napa budget for a DJ then better, if not eveyone can go about thier business for the night. you see in the US gigs normally end around 1030-11pm and its up to individuals to go to bars that hold after parties. after parties does not mean that theres food, its just a bar that would play the bands music and similar music all night and yes, you pay for your drinks.

anyways my point is, im just sick of hearing how cliche sucks and this and that... well heres 1 question, how many cebuano bands made it big compared to manila bands? kung naa man gani cebunao band naka tung tung manila medyo cliche pud na type. (yes i heared of urbandub and jr. kilat but this is not enough). we (cebuanos) have lots of potentials but we ourselves are not supporting our local acts.

cebuanos are known for unsa uso. asa gani ang uso adto tanan tapok. lets quit this habbit, start fresh.

someone organize a gig that would feature 3 bands every WEEKEND not weeknights but a weekend. this is a typical cebuano habbit, we only go out on weekends. so why not maximize our weekend, gather the troops on 1 venue, kalimti na mga "IN" clubs. wa na ayo, its all a FAD.

to all baby boomers, if you were around when cebu music erupted in the 90s youll know what i mean. monthly ra gani to concerts pero puno puno ang venu hence, it had full support of Y101. quite frankly I have Y101 but they are the only radio station IMO that can immortalize bands. bands like etu, 40 and freestyle were popularized by that station, its a sad fact but widely known.

feasible ba? i hate to see talent fade away because they couldnt sell a record. im sure Cebu itself w/ the mass support can grow our own raw talents w/out branching out north. ka support gani ta to win a president unsa na kaha ni music na wala corruption

Default Re: cebuano musicians campaign!

lisod na bai... pero nindot imo vision... but, kahibaw na ka, cebu is reggae, emo and hiphop,bisrock(i know bisrock is not a genre but theywant it that way).. musikat ra ka diri bai kung naa sa usa ana imo genre... i am not inputing negative thoughts but that's how cebu music scene works... but if this vision of yours matinuod... then support ko!!! PAYTER!!

then push for those type of bands. my point is, get more cebuano acts music played nationwide, be it reggae or emo basta Cebu talent lang

Blog Entries

your idea is very good. Cebuanos are frugal people BUT they're very willing to use money when they see the value and quality of what they're buying.

Yknow what else is simply not right in Cebu? -- bars exploiting talents. If you're not a popular band but you want to play in their bar, they don't pay your performance with cash, they'd give you beer and food. What kind of "support" is that? and that's plain exploitation to me.

Why not let these aspiring bands play in your bar, listen to their music, listen to the quality and WATCH the reaction of the audience. If you don't like how the band performed, don't let them come back, don't let them play some other day, don't exploit them!

Frankly, I haven't seen a bar FULLY supporting an aspiring band = paying them WITH CASH when they perform.

I like your idea and i fully support this if it will materialize but yes it's a huge task.

I just know though that Cebuanos can make it happen.
    "JUST A WOMAN? Oh honey no!

I am awesome with a splash of bitch and a dash of wonderful.

nindot sad da!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by b|tcH_g0dd3sS
    your idea is very good. Cebuanos are frugal people BUT they're very willing to use money when they see the value and quality of what they're buying.

Yknow what else is simply not right in Cebu? -- bars exploiting talents. If you're not a popular band but you want to play in their bar, they don't pay your performance with cash, they'd give you beer and food. What kind of "support" is that? and that's plain exploitation to me.

Why not let these aspiring bands play in your bar, listen to their music, listen to the quality and WATCH the reaction of the audience. If you don't like how the band performed, don't let them come back, don't let them play some other day, don't exploit them!

Frankly, I haven't seen a bar FULLY supporting an aspiring band = paying them WITH CASH when they perform.

I like your idea and i fully support this if it will materialize but yes it's a huge task.

I just know though that Cebuanos can make it happen.
    sak2 sad...but nonetheless...how many bars are there that support local original music?

honestly... we dont need bars just to let all of the aspiring bands to be heard and be known... we also need people who dont limit themselves listening to one or two genre.... that is the problem most of us cebuanos have... diba? for example: naay manghagad nimo ug tan-aw ug metal na gig, moingon ka :" Aaay pass lang ko kay saba..." or new wave na gig: "di ko binayot man na..." ... dili nalang mo in-your-face mosulti ba na dili ko ganahan sa tirada... you need people that listens or audience jud!!! naa lagi weekly na gigs but ang tanan tao your expecting to showup kay naa sa PASEO... wala japon mahitabo!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anarki
    sak2 sad...but nonetheless...how many bars are there that support local original music?
    My point exactly. The few (less than ten) who support, don't really support them. Yknow what im saying? They let the bands play, no cash talent fee, just beer and food. How many aspiring bands can take that kind of "support"?
    "JUST A WOMAN? Oh honey no!

I am awesome with a splash of bitch and a dash of wonderful.

bands unite. call it musicians union. all bands go on strike. start promoting thier own underground gig on some parking lot.

OT: @miahbird... ikaw 2 vocalist sa d'rockers bai? la ko kita any of your gig pero hantod karon kadungog ko'g daghan na nindot na istorya sa inyo band bai...

naa baya unta ko plano na maghimo ug gigs pareha ani imo vision bai... planado na tanan... but wala lang mo support... naa unta to istoryans but murag lisod to bai... tan-aw nako gud walay motabang... ako ra usa... ang ako sad and money panggasto sa gastohunon... so thats why lisod bai...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast