View Poll Results: Having a fuel saver gadget myself, I can say that it

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • doesn't work! (Nagsayang lang ko sa akong kuwarta!)

7 77.78%
  • works! (Palit sab moh!)

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fuel Saver Gadgets - Do they really work?

With the cost of fuel about to go up another notch this Novemeber 1 (and maybe every week after that ), do you think fuel saving gadgets like the one being sold in BSTC really effective (i.e F/S Fuel Saver FUELMASTER?

After answering the poll question, could you elaborate as to the brand (& model) of your gadget and how much you've saved (or not saved - as was supposed to be promised when you bought the device) after you've used the device? Also could you please specify if you've used this on a gasoline or diesel powered vehicle?

Daghan na gud kaayong gabaligya aning mga devices, we, the consumers, should have the facts as told by those who have actually used these devices since we are facing harder and harder times...

@Mods: Don't know if this poll thread is should be in this subforum but please let me know through IM what you plan to do or have done to this thread. Thanks.

Default Re: Fuel Saver Gadgets - Do they really work?

hmm my father's car has one, maybe at most daw 10% savings, or he doesn't notice at all, hmmm basin pyschological lang ang effect sad ahihihi

Quote Originally Posted by darkwing
    hmm my father's car has one, maybe at most daw 10% savings, or he doesn't notice at all, hmmm basin pyschological lang ang effect sad ahihihi
    darkwing, unsa ang brand sa fuel saver sa imong father?

Been buying TopGear Philippines on and off... There was a letter posted to the writers of the mag requesting the effectiveness of Khaos Turbo Charger. The Mag Ed replied "A full review and analysis of Khaos device is in the pipeline. We want to be thorough so we're not rushing this."

Hope mahuman nila ang tests para makahibalo ta if at least one of these things work.

I think Khaos tingali to more or less kato ibutang gihapon sa fuel intake, diba ingana man gihapon ang Khaos?

Quote Originally Posted by darkwing
    I think Khaos tingali to more or less kato ibutang gihapon sa fuel intake, diba ingana man gihapon ang Khaos?
    Yup. Pero daghan naman gud sad ang naggawas nga similar nga local og imported nga brands...

Dili mo work oi, kay mahal ra!
    how can u save when in the first place capex is very high and yet the products don't really have clear technical data on why it works, how it was tested, why you can save this much..etc,etc

Quote Originally Posted by leo_trams
    Dili mo work oi, kay mahal ra!
    how can u save when in the first place capex is very high and yet the products don't really have clear technical data on why it works, how it was tested, why you can save this much..etc,etc

I second the motion... bitaw

Buhion una ni nato nga thread. Fuel saving devices does work when used properly. Mao gani gitawag nga fuel saving device kay makasave ka ug fuel pero kung di tarongon ug gamit makaingon gihapon ka it does not work. I believed those who make these devices did their testing and the device indeed work as designed.

Aron mahibaluan nimo nga mo work gyud. Have a base line on fuel efficiency before using the device. Maybe you can arrange with the device distributor for testing period. Make sure dili gubaon or tandogonon ang status sa imong car when you do the testing. To get your base line fuel efficiency, warm up your engine to operating temperature and have your tire pressure set to a desired pressure. You can do this while naa na ka sa Gas station. Pag full tank to the brim then reset to zero your odometer ug drive ug highway lang ug as much as possible walay stop and go traffic then balik sa fuel station aron pa full tank na pud ka usab. The same fuel at same gas pump and same gas station at similar ambient temperature. Calculate your fuel consumtion, odometer reading devided by the liters of fuel on the second full tank (to the brim lang gihapon). Now you have your base line, considering similar lang ang ambient temperature, install the device and tune it and your car. Why we do the tuning? Depende sa device but mostly the car performance or feel is affected with it so you have to do some adjustments. There are adjustments like fuel-air mixture nga dili possible without the device but now possible kung naa na ang device. Example, sa una mo kurog ang engine kung ilean ug maayo but with the device di ra mokurog. Pwede pud musaka or monaug ang idle rpm sa engine after pag taud sa device mao nga kinahanglan pud nimo ug adjustment.

After the device and car was tuned, repeat the procedure, pa full tank-reset odometer-highway driving then pa full tank usab at similar gas pump/gas station. This way less ang error sa imong calculation and you will know kung naay na save or wala. Consider running at least 50kilometers same route for both test run aron naa gyud makuha nga fuel from the fuel tank.

Please take note that City stop and go driving does not qualify as your testing ground for fuel efficiency, the more mag idle imong car sa traffic, the more fuel nagamit nga walay irog sa kilometer nga nadagan for that batch of fuel. Car manufacturers claiming that a certain model can get you 15km/liter on the highway (for example) did their base line testing in similar manner or on a much controlled environment. The point is we have to minimize errors contributed by several factors in order to get a near accurate km/liter result.

Default Fuel Saver

Hi,
    The spiraling costs of fuel prices has driven many car owners to seek alternative solutions that will help them get more miles for their bucks. You can get more information from Home

proven on mythbusters... dosen't work at all...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast