Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast

Default Your Favorite AUTHORS/WRITERS: The best in our time.

J.R.R. TOLKIEN will be that man, if you want to know what i'm talking about please read the silmarillion and the appendixes on the return of the king book, the man is crazy. He made his own world and it's own history and languages. One author said this "if you don't like tolkien work then i will never trust your literary abilities again".

Default AUTHOR; the best in our time.

had you not persuaded me to read the silmarillion, i would have slept early every night.hehe how can anyone fall asleep with his masterpiece??

easy, J K Rowling!

I don't know about the greatest, but my favorite authors are:

JAMES ELLROY - LA Confidential, Black Dahlia, etc.

MARIO PUZO - the Godfather, Dark Arena

NEIL GAIMAN - his American Gods (still available in bookstores) stunned me in its brilliance.

CHRIS CLAREMONT - for 15 years, he wrote the X-men and turned it into the most successful and influential comic series of all time.

ALAN MOORE - okay, I think this guy is the Greatest Writer of all Friggin' time. He wrote WATCHMEN, SWAMP THING, FROM HELL, LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN. etc.

...carl, have you seen the movie HEAT?? It starred Al and Robert with Val Kilmer. It is almost 3 hours long or was it 3 hours?? It showed the life of being a cop and a mobster, cool movie.

..........the authors you've mentioned and very articulate, i started to read the Godfather book when i was in high school, my cousin have the book, but when i got to the 2nd chapter i was tempted to watch the movie and so i did, never really finished the book.

carl, have you seen the movie HEAT?? It starred Al and Robert with Val Kilmer. It is almost 3 hours long or was it 3 hours?? It showed the life of being a cop and a mobster, cool movie.
    I've seen HEAT. I liked it, but I've seen better crime movies. Of recent memory, my favorite crime movies are: PULP FICTION, LA CONFIDENTIAL, DONNIE BRASCO, INSOMNIA, and MEMENTO.

..........the authors you've mentioned and very articulate, i started to read the Godfather book when i was in high school, my cousin have the book, but when i got to the 2nd chapter i was tempted to watch the movie and so i did, never really finished the book.
    I've read GODFATHER the book twice. I've seen the movie more than a dozen times. You'll actually ENJOY reading the book more after seeing the movie, since the book explains even the slightest details of a character who in the film was merely standing speechless.

Blog Entries

fingolfin: why am i not wondering?

best ever? hmm... emmanuel kant? ( as of now. i cannot think of anybody else)
    “What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Anne Rice.. need I say more?

C.S. Lewis for his famous Chronicles of Narnia..

Roald Dahl~ I just LOVE The Spellbinder's Gift..

L.J. Smith The NightWorld.. I'm a sucker for that... o_o

*sigh* JK Rowling too.

Listing this down, I just realized how small my mini library really is.. O_o

++Nicholas Sparks.

Haha, the most thoughtful.

stephen hawkings " time "

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 37 123411 ... LastLast