Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default The theoretical question that will bash down all religion to its knees!

Ok I basically made this philosophical question to settle my used-to-be-confused brain when it comes to choosing a religion or believing in GOD in that matter...

What If you live your life doing what you can to give back to the world, help make it a better place: giving charities, helping people stand on theyre own... BASICALLY TRYING TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE... but you dont believe in religion or even GOD in that matter... Now comes the Judgement Day (if there is in the first place) - WIll God allow me to enter "heaven"?

If your answer is:

"YES" - then stop all your bashing about whos wrong or right, what religion is wrong or right, if god does or doesnt exst.
    Simply: try to live your life to make the world a better place and you will be saved period...

"NO" - then tis becomes interesting...

What you reason why I cant go into heaven? Most people say because you dont acknowledge GOD... so your saying I must "acknowledge" him or even worship him... and all my gud deeds doesnt count? So your saying that your GOD is an ego-maniac that needs to be worshipped. THEN PUT ME TO HELL - sounds like HITLER to me except multiply it by a millionth time. Its like making lesser being just for the purpose of worshipping him... doesn that sound like an insecure GOD? thats just PLAIN HORSESHIT!

and one more interesting point:

Which is more "holy"?

A person trying to do good deeds so that hell be saved (this pertains to the people who are religious) OR a person who does gud deeds for the sake of doing gud deeds (this pertains to people who are philantropist yet theyre aethiest)

OPEND YOUR MINDS PEOPLE :

It doesnt meant that if you dont believe in religion or even on a god - it makes you automatically an evil person! It just means that you are trying to think for your own and not believe anything thats being spoonfed to you by your teachers, parents, society or even the media...

BUT Im not saying people who believe in GOD or religion are stupid and dumb... If thats how you cope up in this life, if its comforting to you then by all means please continue your beliefs...

the purpose of this essay is simply just to open your minds to possibilities

OH im sorry for the thread title - I just made it provoking so youll click and read this... hahaha... made your read it! :P
    /bow
    /thank you

Default Re: The theoritcal question that will bash down all religion to its knees!

I remember my mom told me when i was a little boy

"Mas malangit pa ang tao nga wa kailag Ginoo nga nag buhat ug tinarong kasy sa, Tao nga cgeg simba ug ampo sa ginoo pero maot ang kina-iya".

i just summarized it. ^_^'

Default Re: The theoritcal question that will bash down all religion to its knees!

kung walay Ginoo, naa kahay Langit?

Whats so bad if having no heaven... I mean I doubt even such exist...

"Perfect World"? - You mean when you play basketball everytime you shoot its always in? where the fun in that?

well ... if your answer is no ... then what if theres a big basketball league in heaven and someone misses a shot, it means somebody is going to lose...

which leads to - whos going to be happy if they loose? so then it leads to someone getting sad..

well its all ok until I realized that - ACCORDING TO RELIGION - IN HEAVEN THERES NO SADNESS...

Perfect world? sounds like fairytale to me - more like neverneverland for adults... haha...

1 Corinthians 2:14
    The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

:P - Your words nothing to me when it comes from the Bible....

Ill give a short history of your "Bible"

just to let you know "THE BIBLE IS FULL OF BIAS"

How many books does the bible have right now? If my memory serves me right its 66, right?

Do you know how many books the original Scriptures were (The Bible was originallly called scriptures) it was more than 100 plus...

How did it became to 66 that it is now?

Because Constantine the great told the christian body that hell reckognize and honor chrisitianity "finally" because of its rising popularity... AND he said you finalize your "scriptures" cos its too confusing at the time...

Now take note... at the time christianity itself is divided as it is now...

NOW the disturbing question:

"WHO WHERE THOSE PEOPLE WHO CHOSED WHAT BOOKS ARE ALLOWED TO BE IN THE FINAL OR AKA CANONIZED BIBLE?"

answer: I dont know, who knows... BUT I DO KNOW it wasnt the apostles AND I do know that people who chosed the final books are biased to theyre own subdivision of christianity...

the funny thing is even one of the reason of canonization of the bible was that some of the books contradict to each other... HAHA....

SO your Bible isnt really 100% holy and pure - YET you believe in it like your life depends on it... haiz...

And with all you bible pointing and bible qoutes COULD BE (the word is COULD BE) nothing more than a person or group of persons biased outlook of what he thinks or they think is right...

Case closed...

thats why FOR ME as I said - BIble is more like a guideline not a rulebook...

FINAL NOTE: The KORAN is much more "Cleaner" than the chrisitian bible - one author - and its orignil language is still intact and still can be read...

/bow

unsaon manang na memorize ang bible dayon mang daot ug laing relihiyon? dayong mang challenge dayon ug ingon ani "UNSAY VERSE BI?"
    mo lapas na sila sa lanigt sa?

magdepende naman ni sa imong motibo sa pagbuhat ug "maayo."

Quote Originally Posted by Jollibee
    :P - Your words nothing to me when it comes from the Bible....

Ill give a short history of your "Bible"

just to let you know "THE BIBLE IS FULL OF BIAS"

How many books does the bible have right now? If my memory serves me right its 66, right?

Do you know how many books the original Scriptures were (The Bible was originallly called scriptures) it was more than 100 plus...

How did it became to 66 that it is now?

Because Constantine the great told the christian body that hell reckognize and honor chrisitianity "finally" because of its rising popularity... AND he said you finalize your "scriptures" cos its too confusing at the time...

Now take note... at the time christianity itself is divided as it is now...

NOW the disturbing question:

"WHO WHERE THOSE PEOPLE WHO CHOSED WHAT BOOKS ARE ALLOWED TO BE IN THE FINAL OR AKA CANONIZED BIBLE?"

answer: I dont know, who knows... BUT I DO KNOW it wasnt the apostles AND I do know that people who chosed the final books are biased to theyre own subdivision of christianity...

the funny thing is even one of the reason of canonization of the bible was that some of the books contradict to each other... HAHA....

SO your Bible isnt really 100% holy and pure - YET you believe in it like your life depends on it... haiz...

And with all you bible pointing and bible qoutes COULD BE (the word is COULD BE) nothing more than a person or group of persons biased outlook of what he thinks or they think is right...

Case closed...

thats why FOR ME as I said - BIble is more like a guideline not a rulebook...

FINAL NOTE: The KORAN is much more "Cleaner" than the chrisitian bible - one author - and its orignil language is still intact and still can be read...

/bow
    I agree with you 60%, when emperor Constantine merge Christianity and Paganism he also ordered the priest to do some adjustments in the bible so that it will fit on the new religion that he create(murdered preachers, scribes,etc.).When Roman Catholic is created they now distributed the new version of the Bible and the old ones was burned. But the old Christians didn't like the way of RC so the hide in the mountains until the time Luther exist and create protestantism, but until know we still use the Bible that the RC revised.

for me I stand in no religion but i have a one TRUE GOD, i agree with you that the bible is a guideline for Christians.

Religion is just an explanation of life and death and the cure of our curiosity and insecurity no wonder why it is the opium of the people.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast