Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Let's start a bookclub!

ey a group of 5-6 would do

paabot lang ko sa inyong mga sugyot

hello!

gamay pa man ta no? galenostiel, brownprose, mam velvette, me, and diem? shall we wait until we have a few more potential members before we have our first meeting?

by the way, i'm just curious, what are you guys' reading tastes? me, i don't really have a specific genre that i stick to. but i read mostly fiction books. like right now i'm reading american gods and coraline by gaiman, po-on by f. sionil jose, and i still haven't finished this book about christian apologetics. i have two murakami books which i still haven't read hehe. i also like ian mcewan. basta okay lang ko whether fiction or non-fiction...

if we can have our meeting next week okay lang sa ako kay i'm free in the morning until lunch time.

ako kay nonfiction jud. business, pop psychology, relationship, biographies. i can only remember one fiction i read in the last two years and that's Waiting to Exhale (agik ik ko katawa ako ra usa). novels are fine with me though i find the usual books i read useful right away (and novels very distracting...i get too absorbed in the story di ko ka function normally hehe.) neways okay ra mo basa ug novels nindot sad na pa stretch.

napa koy gi invite lain...where are you christa?

nara ko miss velvett.. hehehe..

ako pd..gnhan sad kog libro..

i dont have a "specific" type/genre of book.. i read anything.. fiction , non-fiction, inspirational books, novels.. i make sure that i read everyday.. like the newspaper or any book at hoime...

any kind of book interests me.. but of course, there are books that are "best sellers" or those that are really "masters" ..i really spend time reading those books..

right now kay im reading isnpirational books para light and happy sa feeling..

^ :mrgreen:

@josephdc: i read the tips you posted above bro and the ideas are really good.

between "one book at a time" and "a shared pool of books" i'd say the latter is more practical and easy to start. this is also appropriate for our group taking into consideration our preferred genres. we can start by donating 1-2 books into our "book bank", share something about those (coz im sure we've read those already), and offer them up for the other members to read. discussion and another swap would be done in the next bookclub meeting.

now we can also have the "one book at a time" type esp for new and bestselling books but we'd keep this to a minimum so as not to hurt our pockets also.

and i like the idea on watching movie versions of books.

now my mind is actually wandering into the future right now. it's not difficult for this bookclub to evolve into teh reading/bookclub business we are interested in. well just shelf this for now.

MEETING SCHEDULE SUGGESTION: Please suggest a convenient time for you.

1. josephdc - any day next week, morning til noon
    2. velvett - any day next week, morning til noon (my work sked is from 1pm til 11pm) OR saturday, morning or afternoon

post na peeps. mag meeting na ta.

Apil ko apil ko!

Quote Originally Posted by Luthienne
    Apil ko apil ko!
    but of course! please post meeting sched suggestion

MEETING SCHEDULE SUGGESTION:

1. josephdc - any day next week, morning til noon
    2. velvett - any day next week, morning til noon (my work sked is from 1pm til 11pm) OR saturday, morning or afternoon
    3. Luthienne - I'm okay Wednesday and Thursday next week at any time. Not sure about Saturday kay murang mo uli ko ana sa among bukid. Actually I'm okay Monday, Tuesday and Friday basta gabii lang.

When I go buy a book I usually pick the Classics and Contemporary Literature. I'm into Fantasy as well. I'd like to expand my horizons so I think I'll be okay with almost anything.

the more the manier!

bitaw, we can start with the "shared pool of books" type then once in a while, or whenever we wish, we can read one book for a given month... (about "donating" a couple of books for the "pool", it's only a temporary donation ha? hehehe.)

naa lang ko i-change sa ako sched...

1. josephdc - next week: from tuesday till saturday (mornings until lunch time), sunday (anytime); monday to thursday the following week: (anytime after lunch)... by the way, i'm a student nurse; mag-usab-usab ako sched...
    3. Luthienne - I'm okay Wednesday and Thursday next week at any time. Not sure about Saturday kay murang mo uli ko ana sa among bukid. Actually I'm okay Monday, Tuesday and Friday basta gabii lang.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast