Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Facts & Fallacy about our health

@ crashburn: drinking protein shake alone does not help you reduce weight. what makes you reduce weight is the fact that drinking excess protein in the diet makes you feel full in a short span of time. thus, making you NOT eat more or having the need to skip meals. eating snacks in between meals could add up to the calories in the body. some of them are stored as fat, making you gain weight. eat more lose more?-------->i don't think it's true. doesn't make sense to me.

jugs_05: about protein shakes you are right, literally, it doesnt burn fat... digesting PROTEIN, is fat burning... that means? you finish it... correct, you need to add up calories to lose (not literally eating whatever you want)... if it doesnt make sense to you.. well, it does for me... snacks = i'm NOT refering to the SNACK, what the world knows... but, eating a lot of times in a day... 6-8 times for example...

I'm giving you guys, small tips at a time... which makes you confused, and do more research... I'm not an instructor nor an expert... this is my hobby...

digestion itself does not burn fat. it is used in the absorption of fat, not burning it. same thing as with protein. protein is absorbed in the body, in turn, could possibly lead to weight loss or weight gain if not utilized properly. well, i'm not an expert too. i'm taking up nursing and i knew all of these stuffs from our nutrition subject from a professor who is a nutritionist. in that sense, i can't disagree with her coz that's her field and she's an expert.

interesting...we got a nice discussion here.. if you guys are confused. crashburn is right...do some research and leave it to the experts..

oh well, i have my own sources... facts... absorption of nutrients comes AFTER digestion... anyway, mao ra na ako ma sulti sa public...

about my hobby? actually, it is a sport (90% goes to health and nutrition).... good day!

Quote Originally Posted by jugs_05
    digestion itself does not burn fat. it is used in the absorption of fat, not burning it.
    there is a thing called specific dynamic action where u expend a certain amount of calorie (as energy) to effect the digestion of the foodstuff u eat. it's about a tenth of the total calorie needed for the basic metabolic rate + physical activity... the more complex the food u eat, the more difficult it gets metabolized. when u eat frequently at small amounts, u get to use up more energy. i believe in the eat more, lose more idea.

@jugs... i got this from my nutrition class, too

Quote Originally Posted by wayuk
    Quote Originally Posted by jugs_05
    digestion itself does not burn fat. it is used in the absorption of fat, not burning it.
    there is a thing called specific dynamic action where u expend a certain amount of calorie (as energy) to effect the digestion of the foodstuff u eat. it's about a tenth of the total calorie needed for the basic metabolic rate + physical activity... the more complex the food u eat, the more difficult it gets metabolized. when u eat frequently at small amounts, u get to use up more energy. i believe in the eat more, lose more idea.

@jugs... i got this from my nutrition class, too
    Thats what i'm talking about...

Check your hydration status daily by looking at the color of your urine. A pale to normal yellow color means “good hydration,” while dark-colored and strong smelling urine means “poor hydration.

how do you get a good hydration?
    when you taek vitamin C..it makes your urine turn yellow and strong....does that signify poor hydration? question po ito....

jhiade: read again... pale to normal yellow = good hydration... while DARK-COLORED (darker than normal yellow) and strong smellng = poor hydration.

when taking vitamin C, your urine color will stay pale yellow or normal yellow... you know whats yellow right?

The color of your urine may determine the state of your health. Your kidneys process liquids from what you have been eating and drinking, and the resulting urine consists of water and dissolved waste material. Certain colors of your urine can indicate problems, diseases or imbalances in your diet. People who eat too many carrots--like from a juicer--may see orange urine. Also, too much Vitamin C can turn the urine orange. Excess sweating could result in the urine becoming a deeper yellow. Also, it is a sign that you have not been drinking enough liquids

wow! good info!

carrots / vit c may turn urine color to orange however, these wont make it smelly... usually, kung naa ka sakit especially dehydration, baho gyud imo ihi...

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast