Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Matthew 6:24

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    what is a pseudo-christian?
    False Christians. Groups that are considered to be the cults of Christianity. Those group who are claiming to be Christians but are not. They adopt Christian doctrines to make it look like they are Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by prukutung View Post
    in that case then the term "self-preservation" is evident on their belief that it's illegal to marry someone outside their faith... even though we're both christians (they don't consider we catholics as christians though, they have their own reason and explanation, but their stand is not like Pein's, if you're familiar with him)...

following your statement based on my understanding, when outsiders marry one of them, the outsider, converted or not, might tend to influence the resident one to change course or weaken her faith... then in that way i can agree on your term "self-preservation"...

but i can't affirm that they only focused their faith among themselves, they conduct weekly(?) tasks wandering around and spreading their word (it's a must, and their preaching hours is recorded and will be reported, individual).. but in a passive way not like those noisy sects in the sidewalks using megaphones and etc... IMO they need not worry upon themselves anymore because they're confident that everybody on their grounds have strong faith.. as what she manifested... if one of them astrays, then it's understandable that he/she abandoned their faith, and will be disfellowed... they all know that... so as of now they're spreading themselves fishing out those individuals who have weak, troubled faith...

so aside the given verse, is there any other biblical passages that says not to marry other individual outside their doctrine?

and bdway, i ain't a god of wealth or anything... am not even rich... she just pointed me out this verse...
    kung ingon ana man gani ang sitwasyon bro lisud jud kaayo na. She has to choose between you and her parents and friends. Plus pa jud ang iya gituhoan nga unsay sakto.

ang imo ra jud option sa mga tao nga close minded kay break up or pa convert.

I ain't converting.....

all am asking is understanding.. and seems like that's one thing they miss..

i wouldnt call it "converting" bro...it would be called such if you're too inclined on religion...but religion can NEVER save you...i would rather call it "accepting" Jesus as your Lord and Savior...the bible clearly states that there is no other way to eternal life but Christ...

yes I would gladly accept... but the thing is that they are the ones who refuse to understand such situation...

unsa diay ilang pagtuo?

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

What's your point of view on this? is it in any way related into a relationship?

i mean.. for example... i have this certain girl... we're both christians yet we dun have the same faith... and they have a different name for their God...

the thing is that, she pointed this verse as one of her reasons why she should break-up, i ain't a bible freak like her.. but i really see no significance on this certain verse on our relationship issue...

we have the same christian faith.. but the only thing that separates us is this principle.. which is strictly implemented on their holy grounds...

i didn't post this on the relationship forum because i want this topic directed on theological and philosophical basis... not merely on love common sense or something...
    bai, i cannot answer this question in a biblical way. basin iyang pasabot na mu-serve sya sa iyang religion in a sense nga dili sya pwede maminyo (murag madre bah)... mao nang gibuwagan ka niya. why don't you clarify that bai.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

What's your point of view on this? is it in any way related into a relationship?

i mean.. for example... i have this certain girl... we're both christians yet we dun have the same faith... and they have a different name for their God...

the thing is that, she pointed this verse as one of her reasons why she should break-up, i ain't a bible freak like her.. but i really see no significance on this certain verse on our relationship issue...

we have the same christian faith.. but the only thing that separates us is this principle.. which is strictly implemented on their holy grounds...

i didn't post this on the relationship forum because i want this topic directed on theological and philosophical basis... not merely on love common sense or something...
    reminds me of a friend of mine.hehe

did she start preaching about what happened to good old great king solomon?
    or the only sheep mates with sheep, not goat analogies?
    ahhh....the sleeping with an infidel is tantamount to betraying her god thingy.

its either you fold to their faith or she folds to yours(which is highly unlikely)...the fundie background is a PAIN in terms of peer pressure, and her family background reinforces guilt(as what your posts suggest).

i guess you didnt try the get away card: "true love knows no boundaries talk".

Personally speaking... we are serving too many gods... your parents, your boss, your martial arts instructors, school teachers... etc...

This on the other hand an offshoot of what Matthew's views about serving one God. Inadvertently, it is many times debunked. Just my own perspective.

if we shouldn't serve two or more masters, then i say whoever invented multi-tasking is a sinner.

yeah right, tell that to your multinational bosses.

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast