Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

unsa on pag butang ug yahoo messenger sa linux ubunto environment?

walay ym sa linux but you have pidgin or gyachi. Use them to log using your ym account.. No ym vid chat though.

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnmedrano View Post
    Sir we would like cebuntu to consider as owned by the cebu ubuntu users community, para naa pud ta atong website.
    Ako ra ni idea bai, ayaw ka lain
    Have the name registered.. marking Cebuntu as a trademark would be an exercise in futility if the name is not properly registered with the IPO (Intellectual Property office) and DTI.

In Commercial law there is a concept of first registration, even if you have conceived a name the first person to register that name acquires ownership. Registration, under the eyes of the law, is equivalent to ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy0911 View Post
    but letting others understand how ubuntu works is relating to windows.. I suggest do not forget windows still...
    I agree!, ang tip is, it should not be literally understand that way, most of newbies to Linux they always compare it to windows. Inig compare palang nimon, your making it difficult. and it should always be remember that Linux is Linux and Linux is not Windows thats how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by mraljoriz View Post
    Ako ra ni idea bai, ayaw ka lain
    Have the name registered.. marking Cebuntu as a trademark would be an exercise in futility if the name is not properly registered with the IPO (Intellectual Property office) and DTI.

In Commercial law there is a concept of first registration, even if you have conceived a name the first person to register that name acquires ownership. Registration, under the eyes of the law, is equivalent to ownership.
    Thank you sir, we will consider this.

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnmedrano View Post
    TIPS:
    "The only way to learn Linux is to forget windows behind."
    I agree with this one.. the ultimate goal of ubuntu is to remove user reliance on windows.

To give an analogy:
    Installing ubuntu via WUBI = using a bicycle, you can go from point A to B but you would be sacrificing speed. Installing ubuntu on your HDD? Riding a Harley Davidson. I know most people are don't want to throw away m$ on their laptop as they have paid for it; but why rely on a software that requires another software for security when there is a Free alternative that does not require another software for security?

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy0911 View Post
    I am encouraging the system admin of cebuntu to please put links if you still have likes where to download the first ever release version of ubuntu to the latest para maka track gyud ta.. and manuals on each versions..it will be very helpful sad..
    The first release version of Ubuntu is no longer supported by Canonical.

maybe this will help Ubuntu Guide

We are still working on it in our website.

Thank you sir, we will consider this.

Quote Originally Posted by mraljoriz View Post
    I agree with this one.. the ultimate goal of ubuntu is to remove user reliance on windows.

To give an analogy:
    Installing ubuntu via WUBI = using a bicycle, you can go from point A to B but you would be sacrificing speed. Installing ubuntu on your HDD? Riding a Harley Davidson. I know most people are don't want to throw away m$ on their laptop as they have paid for it; but why rely on a software that requires another software for security when there is a Free alternative that does not require another software for security?

Agree gyud ko nimo ani Sir. Kay mao gyud ni akong na experience sir, specially sa newbies mao ragyud ni ang simple nga Tip to learn and to master Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by istoryansucks View Post
    unsa on pag butang ug yahoo messenger sa linux ubunto environment?
    and default nga messenger sa Ubuntu is empathy but you can install pidgin. As of now yahoo messenger doesnt work with Linux.

na lagi uban dinhi screenshot sa linux nag gamit yahoo messenger?

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast