Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

fb on windows phone 8 is really bad! i resorted to thirdparty apps

abortretry, hows the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by stew_griff View Post
    fb on windows phone 8 is really bad! i resorted to thirdparty apps

abortretry, hows the battery?
    I guess it's a matter of preference... either that or I'm just use to the interface already. fb on my android phone really sucked and I resorted to using a mobile browser to access the full desktop version of fb.

fb on Windows Phone 8 feels really intuitive. It's all laid out in Windows Phone fashion...

Swipe up and down to scroll the feed.

Swipe to the side to see photos...

And another swipe to the side goes to your menu...

You can tap "profile" to bring up your wall...

...and flick left or right to go through your fb stash

If you don't like the "Metro style" there's a new facebook beta out from Microsoft... but it now looks more like everyone else's facebook. You can get the beta here... Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

As for battery life I can get through a whole day of use and still have battery left for another day.

Here's from the gsmarena review... Nokia Lumia 720 review: On target - GSMArena.com

The battery itself is rated to last for 520 h of stand-by or 13 h 20min of talk-time on 3G networks, which sounded rather optimistic given its moderate capacity.

Much to our surprise, though, the Lumia 720 even exceeded its talk time rating in our dedicated test. The smartphone managed a really impressive 60h endurance score, which means you will only need to charge it every two and a half days if you do an hour of talk time, video playback and web browsing per day.

DAY 3: cont...

I think the Temple Run issue is just a requirement limitation. Because originally hardware specs given to phone manufacturers were required to be at least 1GB in RAM. And software developers just followed.

But even with only 512MB RAM The Nokia Lumia 720 handles 3D graphics rather well...

Even games similar to Temple Run play smoothly without any glitches...

DAY 3: cont...

Another great thing about having a Windows Phone is having Office built-in...

Working on a document such as an Excel spreadsheet is easy...

Works well in portrait or landscape mode...

Editing would mean good thumb typing skills...

And general Excel features are there...

I've finally own a windows phone mobile "the nokia lumia 720". First impression, very smooth scrolling despite of having a 512 mb ram. Great screen resolution. The design is very sexy. The camera and video - very impressive. All I can say this is indeed a very great phone although I was able to use android mobile for quite sometime for comparison's sake. I am choosing windows phone over android because android tends to slow down after months of usage.

DAY 4: Dedicated this day of the Test Drive to kick the tires around the camera

I was planning to do a shootout between the Nokia Lumia 720 with it's f/1.9 lens against a dSLR camera with a 50mm f/1.8 lens.

But the 50mm on a cropped APS sensor of the dSLR doesn't have the same perspective of the wide angle lens of the Nokia Lumia 720.

But for something to carry around everyday the Nokia Lumia 720 fits the bill...

The Nokia Lumia 720 has a bright LED flash to help freeze people while the 1.9 aperture lens lets the light in of scene for good night portraits...

DAY 4: cont...

One benefit of having a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone is the built-in voice navigation.

Voice prompts guide you turn by turn towards your destination.
    A BIG PLUS is that there is no need for mobile data as the maps are stored directly in the phone.

At night the maps switch to a eye friendly dark theme...

sir may i know what is your exposure and ISO value of your night shot? and settings also for close-up shots for low lights...TIA

this is a very sulit phone.. not recommended for gamers though. but for casual users, its good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by madina View Post
    sir may i know what is your exposure and ISO value of your night shot? and settings also for close-up shots for low lights...TIA
    When I was shooting in tandem with the dSLR for comparison I set ISO to 400. But for other shots I left most everything to auto so I can see how "smart" the system was.

For night shots I set the mode to "night portraits"

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast