Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes & why

17 85.00%
  • No & why not

3 15.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ako uyon ko ani boss, pero di lang ko katubag sa why. Bisag unsa nga guidelines basta para sa kaayuhan sa tanan basketball lovers.

Basta ang ako lang di ganahan kanang uban taw kay mamersonal.
    Mao bitaw usahay pahipi rako sa Miami na thread, unya magpost lang updates about sa Miami, kay di ko ganahan ug gubot. haha!

More powers to basketball section. HEHE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KE-25 View Post
    Thats a good idea , i'm all for group effort , if we can set up a group of regulars , old members , very active users I'm all for it in helping with guidelines.
    Heck we could even come up with a yearly meet , say during playoffs or championship , or a friendly basketball game ( I'm an awful player but lets get on the court ) etc … Like what our friendly Boston rivals have done (draft meet) Again , we love good debates , lil trash here and there as long as it isn't personal, interesting articles , informative writing so on. Summing it up there really isn't a whole lot to change as this area has gotten better and maybe these guidelines or minor changes are mainly to remind and make things more legitimate if a line is crossed , ( least we don't get " I didn't know " or "abi nako ok lang" or for newer users they can see it on a sticky , that if they read it )

So post more ideas , please vote

Anyway let me know how u guys want to proceed
    I'm all for it as well. Since I live abroad, I may be only available through Skype or Facetime.

Yep, I think there's already a couple of iSTORYA.net basketball leagues here and @pierced @pollybusngiw and @StingerRay has a great history of meet-ups at a bar and see the game and they started inviting non-Celtics fans recently.

I just signed-up for this message board called Reddit and they have this flatform called AMA (Ask Me Anything) where they invite a popular person to be on their forum and answer any questions from posters. It's kind of good actually. What about if we can do that here, doesn't have to be a forum conversation, we can have it via Skype maybe. Either way it works. Invite local or national sportswriters, athletes, and any popular individual in basketball/sports industry. It's not difficult to ask them nowadays since we have Twitter to contact them. Just a thought...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    I'm all for it as well. Since I live abroad, I may be only available through Skype or Facetime.

Yep, I think there's already a couple of iSTORYA.net basketball leagues here and @pierced @pollybusngiw and @StingerRay has a great history of meet-ups at a bar and see the game and they started inviting non-Celtics fans recently.

I just signed-up for this message board called Reddit and they have this flatform called AMA (Ask Me Anything) where they invite a popular person to be on their forum and answer any questions from posters. It's kind of good actually. What about if we can do that here, doesn't have to be a forum conversation, we can have it via Skype maybe. Either way it works. Invite local or national sportswriters, athletes, and any popular individual in basketball/sports industry. It's not difficult to ask them nowadays since we have Twitter to contact them. Just a thought...
    To add to this , if we get a group going , maybe we could streamline and make events even better in this area

Say a more official set of basketball games , Fantasy games , and so on with prizes to boot .... but its all dependent on everyone being involved , I am still a big skeptic at everyone helping out or being on board but times may prove me wrong. Still haven't forgot the epic fail of meet ups in this area, let alone coming up with a sound plan. But in life we have to learn from the past and hope the future would be better , remains to be seen. In addition , even with voting we only have a total of 14 , is that accurate? 14 people are regulars in this area? Prove me wrong ....
    Last edited by KE-25; 07-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

^^ These are the activities I like, it can build friendships, connections and camaraderie. Those guys who live abroad can support financially with the prizes hehehe..

I haven't heard any from those trash-talking storyans specially from the Miami Heat thread, let's hear what they have in mind. =D

I have a pseudo-suggestion. Like how we play the istoryan "picks" games during the playoffs, how about we also make our picks for season awards(mvp, roy, etc).

And here's the kicker. We dole out a registration fee and the winner gets the winnings. Maybe it's gambling and considered as violation so that's why I'm putting it up here for discussion.
    Or if we could have another kind of prize system for the winner?

We used to do this back in High School and college with my buddies and it certainly adds another dimension on who we would root for.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by redemption32 View Post
    I have a pseudo-suggestion. Like how we play the istoryan "picks" games during the playoffs, how about we also make our picks for season awards(mvp, roy, etc).

And here's the kicker. We dole out a registration fee and the winner gets the winnings. Maybe it's gambling and considered as violation so that's why I'm putting it up here for discussion.

We used to do this back in High School and college with my buddies and it certainly adds another dimension on who we would root for.

What do you think?
    Replace the word "gambling" to "Charity" hehehe...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_JACKAL View Post
    ^^ These are the activities I like, it can build friendships, connections and camaraderie. Those guys who live abroad can support financially with the prizes hehehe..

I haven't heard any from those trash-talking storyans specially from the Miami Heat thread, let's hear what they have in mind. =D
    Precisely , I'm sure people would want something interesting aside from chopping away on the keyboard , i'm glad you have a positive attitude on it.

Quote Originally Posted by redemption32 View Post

What do you think?
    Here's my 2 cents , and we shall give credit to where it is due. Yes we do have some sort of Istorya basketball league , Yes we do have our little games , and fantasy games being started , what I am going to say are my opinions so I hope you will understand.

While its great we have certain things in place it still feels kinda libog , I get the sense of everyone doing his or her own thing and if mo apil mo ok lang , kung newbie ka no one takes the time to explain in fact i see more ridicule. Now i understand there is a certain bond with regulars and rightfully so , but we need to take a back seat from the stigma of " Karaan ko " , doesn't give anyone the right to sit higher , including me as a Mod. Again that is my thought and opinion. Now I am not going to sit here and say we need to change things , that will be up to you guys hence the Post and poll for everyone to be involved, if you need help in making it better , more clarity to it , give a sense of a good foundation where everyone is welcome and having everyone involve lets plant the seed.

On another hand , I understand this is a forum site , people sometimes want anonymity for whatever reason and that has to be respected. So it is understandable if people want it just the way it is without changes.

Dem, to answer your question , from experience if we can do something that doesn't involve money the better and i'm sure a lot of guys in here will agree to that. But I do agree with putting a prize system to make it challenging and fun sad uy. If we do agree to something formal , I can talk to Beor to see if we can come up with a prize , like what Mavman had , correct me if I'm wrong but did we give u some sort of upgrade sa account nimo Mav? I know I gave an NBA shirt at one point. Heck it would be even better if we users come up with prizes , say if u had an NBA mug sitting around or a small shirt that don't fit u , and the list goes on ... Its the fun in playing and the title to this years Champion di ba. Maybe we can also arrange regular articles about sports written by users here so on ..

On actual live basketball games , I quit because everyone seemed so competitive and I had this feeling they had their own group, so the question is ... are there any games for people who suck like me? I'm being realistic here

We need a league that supports any type of player , similar to the one user that just wrote a post saying how he could learn to play the game.

Anyway this is getting long so again glad u placed thoughts , keep em coming and we shall see what we do. It is best if all of you help out.
    Last edited by KE-25; 07-23-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

^I agree with the non-cash Prize for the would-be winners.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post

thanks for the mention @FAQ simple rjd akng ika sulti ani.. It all boils down to respect.. Mao rjd nah.. If each one of the posters here respect each posts then I dont see any problem on why this issue wont be resolved.. Ive been a faker hater all my life however, you guys dont ever see me post anything in the fakers forum even in other team threads.. Me & @FAQ had some chitchat b4 in our Celtics Forum but it never boiled down to hitting below the belt.. There was this one faker fan though that I had a heated argument before that it was handled by the Mods.. Though each one of us has different views, if we respect each others opinion then I dont see any problem at all.. Nice idea w/ warning, mute, & ban infractions..

Wouldve love to join the istorya basketball league pro not sure lng ko sa mga members gd hehehee ive already joined the fantasy hehehe tnx to @emorain for inviting hehehee

As for our meet ups.. It's ok that others can join however we only do meet ups during impt live Celtics game, it'd be better if other teams can do it also..

RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pierced View Post
    thanks for the mention @FAQ simple rjd akng ika sulti ani.. It all boils down to respect.. Mao rjd nah.. If each one of the posters here respect each posts then I dont see any problem on why this issue wont be resolved.. Ive been a faker hater all my life however, you guys dont ever see me post anything in the fakers forum even in other team threads.. Me & @FAQ had some chitchat b4 in our Celtics Forum but it never boiled down to hitting below the belt.. There was this one faker fan though that I had a heated argument before that it was handled by the Mods.. Though each one of us has different views, if we respect each others opinion then I dont see any problem at all.. Nice idea w/ warning, mute, & ban infractions..

Wouldve love to join the istorya basketball league pro not sure lng ko sa mga members gd hehehee ive already joined the fantasy hehehe tnx to @emorain for inviting hehehee

As for our meet ups.. It's ok that others can join however we only do meet ups during impt live Celtics game, it'd be better if other teams can do it also..

RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT
    Actually you bring up a good point , we wouldn't need rules if u had that but unfortunately the net is such a big place that its hard to imagine everyone having that but its good people from time to time remind us that a big part of what we need is Respect. Thanks for thoughts and vote Pierced.

OT: Whats your take on Paul moving to Washington ?

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast