Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    Being an open minded bro does not consider THE bible alone as the source of truth because there are other sacred books from other religions who talks about the truth! That's my point bro! "NO RELIGION IS HIGHER THAN TRUTH"
    thats not the issue here.

OT: are you saying that all who believes in the bible are close minded?

FYI: a person who believes in the bible is his belief. a person with an open minded is his nature. both can be found in one person.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox View Post
    thats not the issue here.

OT: are you saying that all who believes in the bible are close minded?

FYI: a person who believes in the bible is his belief. a person with an open minded is his nature. both can be found in one person.
    I'm not saying that ALL who believes in the bible are close minded because that is A FALLACY. I even read the Bible my friend but I don't consider it as THE ONLY SOURCE OF TRUTH. Gets? So, if you are are an open minded person do you accept and believe that the bible is not the only source of truth? I want to know your answer to my question or to this thread! HAPPY NEW YEAR BY THE WAY!

Quote Originally Posted by grovestreet View Post
    this is a very dangerous mentality.

So you're saying humans being evil is as natural as wearing clothing? or do we pick-up "evilness" from our society?

We are not born "evil".

good and evil is not necessarily like black and white as others perceive it to be. There's a thin line between what is good and evil.
    Yes! Seriuosly this is a very dangerous one, agree ko ana brod. hina-ot na gets nimo ang point kung nganu gi post pud nako na nga linya.

Tungod sa ka ipokrito sa tawo, dili na gani siya halos maka kita sa iya self nga sala na iya gibuhat, kutob ra siya sa pag lantaw sa sala sa uban ang pag pangumpara ug uban pa... Nganung di man huna huna-on nga kung Makasasala ang uban walay mas labaw pa nga makasasala kundi ang imong kaugalingon, in a way nga makalikay tas pag hukom ngadto sa uban.. And if we are the true Christ Believer why cant we pray just for the Good of others including the non-believers? Coz we are responsible to each other. Right? I think you are much wiser to knw that thing. Thankz

"If you see another sin openly or commit a serious crime, do not consider yourself better, for you do not know how long you can remain in good estate. All men are frail, but you must admit that none is more frail than yourself."
    Last edited by baliguat; 12-31-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    I'm not saying that ALL who believes in the bible are close minded because that is A FALLACY. I even read the Bible my friend but I don't consider it as THE ONLY SOURCE OF TRUTH. Gets? So, if you are are an open minded person do you accept and believe that the bible is not the only source of truth? I want to know your answer to my question or to this thread! HAPPY NEW YEAR BY THE WAY!
    ok.. I'm a bit confuse on what is the issue here.... if you're saying that the only source of truth about Jesus, Genesis, Exodus and etc.. then yes... bible is the only source of truth on what really happened back then mao ra man sad ang documents nga nka survive.

when you talked about the quarrel thingie, then i say they are misguided to their beliefs since it is not in the teachings of the bible.

thats why i said your thoughts were narrow if you believe that those who believe in bible end up like those who were misguided kay murag mao man imong gi highlight ug maau sa first post.

-Happy New Year sad bro.
    Last edited by Gray_Fox; 12-31-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Happy and Sad new year kay di man tanan happy di pud tanan Sad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox View Post
    ok.. I'm a bit confuse on what is the issue here.... if you're saying that the only source of truth about Jesus, Genesis, Exodus and etc.. then yes... bible is the only source of truth on what really happened back then mao ra man sad ang documents nga nka survive.

when you talked about the quarrel thingie, then i say they are misguided to their beliefs since it is not in the teachings of the bible.

thats why i said your thoughts were narrow if you believe that those who believe in bible end up like those who were misguided kay murag mao man imong gi highlight ug maau sa first post.

-Happy New Year sad bro.
    Are you sure bro mao ra na ang documents nga ni survive? what about the ancient books found in the Nag Hamadi Egypt? The bible bro is not a complete book!

By the way bro, can you accept that there are other truths found in other sacred books? The issue bro is finding other truths other than the bible!

Blog Entries
    Nag Hammadi library

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Part of a series on
    Gnosticism
    History of Gnosticism
    Early Gnosticism
    Syrian-Egyptic Gnosticism
    Gnosticism in modern times
    Proto-Gnostics
    Philo
    Valentinus
    Cerinthus
    Basilides
    Gnostic texts
    Gnostic Gospels
    Nag Hammadi library
    Codex Tchacos
    Bruce Codex
    Gnosticism and the New Testament

Related articles
    Gnosis
    Pythagoreanism
    Neoplatonism and Gnosticism
    Manichaeism
    Neopaganism
    Bosnian Church
    Esoteric Christianity
    Theosophy

This box: viewtalkedit

Codex IV is one of the texts discovered at Nag Hammadi

The Nag Hammadi library (popularly known as The Gnostic Gospels) is a collection of early Christian Gnostic texts discovered near the Upper Egyptian town of Nag Hammâdi in 1945. That year, twelve leather-bound papyrus codices buried in a sealed jar were found by a local peasant named Mohammed Ali Samman.[1][2] The writings in these codices comprised fifty-two mostly Gnostic tractates (treatises), but they also include three works belonging to the Corpus Hermeticum and a partial translation / alteration of Plato's Republic. In his "Introduction" to The Nag Hammadi Library in English, James Robinson suggests that these codices may have belonged to a nearby Pachomian monastery, and were buried after Bishop Athanasius condemned the uncritical use of non-canonical books in his Festal Letter of 367 AD.
    The contents of the codices were written in Coptic, though the works were probably all translations from Greek. The best-known of these works is probably the Gospel of Thomas, of which the Nag Hammadi codices contain the only complete text. After the discovery it was recognized that fragments of these sayings attributed to Jesus appeared in manuscripts discovered at Oxyrhynchus in 1898, and matching quotations were recognized in other early Christian sources. Subsequently, a 1st or 2nd century date of composition circa 80 AD for the lost Greek originals of the Gospel of Thomas has been proposed, though this is disputed by many if not the majority of biblical matter researchers. The once buried manuscripts themselves date from the 3rd and 4th centuries.
    The Nag Hammadi codices are housed in the Coptic Museum in Cairo, Egypt. To read about their significance to modern scholarship into early Christianity, see the Gnosticism article.
    Contents

Blog Entries
    Nag Hammadi library

Part of a series on
    Gnosticism
    History of Gnosticism
    Early Gnosticism
    Proto-Gnostics
    Philo
    Valentinus
    Cerinthus
    Basilides
    Gnostic texts
    Gnostic Gospels
    Nag Hammadi library
    Codex Tchacos
    Bruce Codex

Related articles
    Gnosis
    Pythagoreanism
    Manichaeism
    Neopaganism
    Bosnian Church
    Esoteric Christianity
    Theosophy

This box: view • talk • edit

The Nag Hammadi library (popularly known as The Gnostic Gospels) is a collection of early Christian Gnostic texts discovered near the Upper Egyptian town of Nag Hammâdi in 1945. That year, twelve leather-bound papyrus codices buried in a sealed jar were found by a local peasant named Mohammed Ali Samman.[1][2] The writings in these codices comprised fifty-two mostly Gnostic tractates (treatises), but they also include three works belonging to the Corpus Hermeticum and a partial translation / alteration of Plato's Republic. In his "Introduction" to The Nag Hammadi Library in English, James Robinson suggests that these codices may have belonged to a nearby Pachomian monastery, and were buried after Bishop Athanasius condemned the uncritical use of non-canonical books in his Festal Letter of 367 AD.
    The contents of the codices were written in Coptic, though the works were probably all translations from Greek. The best-known of these works is probably the Gospel of Thomas, of which the Nag Hammadi codices contain the only complete text. After the discovery it was recognized that fragments of these sayings attributed to Jesus appeared in manuscripts discovered at Oxyrhynchus in 1898, and matching quotations were recognized in other early Christian sources. Subsequently, a 1st or 2nd century date of composition circa 80 AD for the lost Greek originals of the Gospel of Thomas has been proposed, though this is disputed by many if not the majority of biblical matter researchers. The once buried manuscripts themselves date from the 3rd and 4th centuries.
    The Nag Hammadi codices are housed in the Coptic Museum in Cairo, Egypt. To read about their significance to modern scholarship into early Christianity, see the Gnosticism article.
    Contents

Blog Entries
    Nag Hammadi library

Part of a series on
    Gnosticism
    History of Gnosticism
    Early Gnosticism
    Proto-Gnostics
    Philo
    Valentinus
    Cerinthus
    Basilides
    Gnostic texts
    Gnostic Gospels
    Nag Hammadi library
    Codex Tchacos
    Bruce Codex

Related articles
    Gnosis
    Pythagoreanism
    Manichaeism
    Neopaganism
    Bosnian Church
    Esoteric Christianity
    Theosophy

This box: viewtalkedit

The Nag Hammadi codices are housed in the Coptic Museum in Cairo, Egypt. To read about their significance to modern scholarship into early Christianity, see the Gnosticism article

Blog Entries
    Nag Hammadi library

Part of a series on
    Gnosticism
    History of Gnosticism
    Early Gnosticism
    Proto-Gnostics
    Philo
    Valentinus
    Cerinthus
    Basilides
    Gnostic texts
    Gnostic Gospels
    Nag Hammadi library
    Codex Tchacos
    Bruce Codex

Related articles
    Gnosis
    Pythagoreanism
    Manichaeism
    Neopaganism
    Bosnian Church
    Esoteric Christianity
    Theosophy

This box: view • talk • edit

The Nag Hammadi codices are housed in the Coptic Museum in Cairo, Egypt. To read about their significance to modern scholarship into early Christianity, see the Gnosticism article

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast