Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About VMWare

as to production .. we use virtualization/logical partitioning .. but not vmware
    ALONE:Hated and Punished

i do my programming task on VM's....all of them... just pick what OS to load...

ok now i need to use vmware for production. the problem is that i can't make it auto run the installed OS in the vmware.

any details on how to reconfig some files in vmware to make it autorun? i used to use vmware for sometime now. any idea will be greatly appreciated thanks.

asa na ang TS? bai wala pa naku na solve aku problem sa autostart. cge lang ka blackout karun sa electric line. dayun remote raku mag access. and using a single machine to run my applications; cause i want to run all the application in one boot, so no more other staff to do na just to monitor the server progress.

OT:

I'm using Sun Virtual Box. Look and feel are better than VMWare but that's only me

im using virtual box at home. keeping it to test OSes.
    but it's quite slow running Plants vs Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by dammy View Post
    correct me if im wrong with this. redundant array of machine its not like a RAID setup its more like multiple machine with storage on it with the same data on each single machine. data is already back up. sorry for that.
    DR is a very expensive solution but best if you aim for a 24-7 up time of your applications.

vmware is a good software/emulator to test out your software/installations.

in vmware workstation, it as a so called 'snapshot' feature where you can 'freeze' a specific timepoint of that guest OS.
    [ex. after windows xp installation, take snapshot, then install other software, if errors occur then revert to snapshot! then its a clean start again!]

very usefull on software testing!

me i use VMWare for browsing and downloading torrents, cause if a virus will infiltrate my system, the only thing that will can do harm to is my virtual box.

But to if you want to use VMware for everyday usage, better if your processor supports virtualization technology.

I've been on desktop virtualization for a quite long time and just deployed just last dec 09 in production server using VMware ESXi 4. Very stable...I recommend hypervisor virtualization for server. Greate performance..near native to physical performance
    Last edited by haytix; 03-20-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: missing notes

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast