Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About VMWare

Question About VMWare

Hi Istoryans,Do you have any experience about VMWare? Post your feedbacks, etc.

im using vmware for my test software, and some for production running on lunix base. its cool to play with vmware on a single machine but when the machine crashes all data is corrupted. not good at all. when running a vmware in production line you must have a redundant array of machine so you can surely back up some data and recover it later.

huh? ... redundant array of machine for backup? then why use vmware!
    ALONE:Hated and Punished

2 to 3 physical machines is advisable

if only one physical machine with several virtual machines (lets say 20 virtual machines), there is a single point of failure.

if one physical machine fails those 20 virtual machines on it will immediately transfer its ownership to another physical machine. feature called vmware HA+vmotion.

u missed the point rommel ... as what have stated .. an array of machine for backup! .. not for high availability

im just sharing vmware's features and soon sharing my experience. that's my own point

correct me if im wrong with this. redundant array of machine its not like a RAID setup its more like multiple machine with storage on it with the same data on each single machine. data is already back up. sorry for that.

if you're going to use VMWare in a production environment(Virtual Infrastructure). be ready to spend $$$. but for testing/hobby purposes, mainstream desktop specs will suffice.

anyways .. back to topic .. vmware (workstation) is a good software started using as early as v.2.xx and its latest release now supports DX9!! cool.

Blog Entries
    with testing, yes. production, never. I dont stick my nose into something i might get extra work. hehe

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast