Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    If a miracle consists of a "needed coincidence", then yes, miracles are real, because coincidences (whether needed or not) are real.

Take this example. Let's say there have been 10,000 cases of a man who was about to die by execution, yet in one of these cases, the execution was stopped (i.e. he was pardoned, the executioner had a heart attack, etc.). Now, from the standpoint of natural law, what happened was simply a coincidence (i.e. he was spared because of a series of events, coincidences led to him being spared). But to the man who's life was spared, you can never convince him that what just happened was NOT a miracle.

-RODION
    ... hehehe... nice analogy. it's a matter of ratio too. of the thousands of "miracles" that happened only 1 or 2 have been accepted as true.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    2. Simala, this is the most embarassing and yet most lucrative hoax in cebu, forget about that dancing sun, bbbaaahhh, that was boring, i saw that stuff. But Simala, all those pilgrims going to simala for some divine intervention and those priests claiming that there were miracles. And a few months back, their scheme got busted, they had millions upon millions in their vault and in the bank from donations. They even committed some blasphemous acts inside the church's compound.

.. those are the reasons why i don't believe in miracles.
    Kamusta na ang Simala issue bro? I haven't been following the news. Were the monk's allegations really proven to be true? Were all the supposed miracles really just hoaxes?

Blog Entries
    The greatest and real miracle is when you are able to transform yourself for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    The greatest and real miracle is when you are able to transform yourself for the better.
    Uyon sab ko ani imo bro.. unlike sa uban ang milagro nga ilang gi tamod ug maayo, wla raba jud naka pausab sa ilang pagkatao...ni samot paman gani hinoon pagka worst...

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    i came across springy's post on Vien's thread where he said create a new thread about miracles, so here's where i insert myself, ladies and gentlemen. let's talk about miracles in this thread. trust me, i've tried the search feature and i couldn't find any thread relating to miracles.

before i go any further, i'd like to be direct to the point and make my stand on this topic: the word "miracle" here pertains to SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENA which falls outside the realms of SCIENCE. do not confuse the word miracle to, say, surviving breast cancer, etc. that's not what i'm talking about here.

so... on to the topic. do you believe in miracles a.k.a supernatural phenomena? statue of the virgin mary crying blood? dancing sto. nino? dancing sun? faith-healing?
    pls be reminded of the TS's guideline in relation to miracle,,,, if change for the better is within the bound of the TS's guideline of miracle so be it

Blog Entries
    Stop chasing for miracle...create one.

Testimonies , can't take that away from the person who's testifying and considers it to be a miracle. That's theirs. If more people accept his and her testimony,then they do. Question of it being more valid
    to justify it as a miracle will not affect the one who experienced that testimony, nor those who believe in them. JMHO.

If miracles were true.. I would have won Lotto more than ten times already...so as other people...

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    1. Judiel was that boy who recieved miracles from God with those Blood on his mouth and all that BS. But in the end, all they wanted was personal gain. Judiel is a woman right now, he had a *** change.
    that has got to be one of the biggest fraud/hoax in the history of "Catholic miracles" in the Philippines. mao nay resulta basta daghan taw nga collectively dali mu tuo ug usa ka butang without investigating first.

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELD_XD_40 View Post
    How about TESTIMONIES ? Are these more valid or in equal to justify MIRACLES ?

Dont limit yourselves on CONFIRMED HOAX and FAKE MIRACLES . Like that is the only " miracle " that happened .

Pwerting daghana pa sa mga MILAGRO na nahtabo na DOCUMENTED and OFFICIALLY ESTABLISHED as AUTHENTIC MIRACLES .
    i'm cool with testimonies. but again... just because a person says this and that doesn't automatically mean it's real. we have to be critical of the world around us by way of being inquisitive on almost everything. a lady says she's had cancer, went to Simala, touched and kissed a piece of wood, and got healed the next month? come on.

Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    Hi bro. How would you define a miracle? What event would count as a miracle for you?
    my definition of miracle is simple. everyday that i live and breathe is a miracle. the fact that my body is capable of using an organ down to a single cell for my body to function is a miracle. but in relation to this thread, the miracle i'm talking about is defined as those that exhibit unusual phenomena that are claimed to be works of a "divine" entity.

Quote Originally Posted by karwren View Post
    Testimonies , can't take that away from the person who's testifying and considers it to be a miracle. That's theirs. If more people accept his and her testimony,then they do. Question of it being more valid
    to justify it as a miracle will not affect the one who experienced that testimony, nor those who believe in them. JMHO.
    true. when one's mind is pre-conditioned to believe it's a miracle, it will always be a miracle no matter what you say. dili ka tuohan or paminawon ana bisan pa mu ingon ka'g it's not a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Stop chasing for miracle...create one.
    i do, every night.

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 345678 ... LastLast