Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Default Full tower case recommendations

For years now I've used Antec cases. I am currently using an Antec Sonata, my second. I love Antec. Unfortunately I have outgrown the Antec Sonata and an upgrade is overdue. My question is, does anyone have any recommendations on a full tower case. These are the following criteria that it must meet.

1. 6+ 3.5" drive bays. The more the better. The Antec Twelve Hundred I'm looking at has 9. I have 2TB local storage and a few more terabytes of data network storage, but I'd like to get more local storage with RAID. The Twelve Hundred for example can hold 9 1TB drives.
    2. Room. The roomier the better.
    3. Decent cooling.
    4. It must look decent. It must come in black to match my two monitors, my DVD-R/W, Blu-Ray, speakers, etc.
    5. I'd love to save a bit of money. Something under $150 would be great.
    6. Relatively quiet. At least when the fans are turned off or down.

The Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases seems like my best option, although I don't really know anything else out there since I've been using Antec for years, both for cases and power supplies.

I don't overclock, I don't mod, my hardware is high performance, but stability is what I'm after ... so I don't need to go overkill on cooling and lights. In fact if the lights can be switched off, that would be a plus.

Muchos gracias mi amigos!

that's a lot of disk space, vern. btw, care to donate your old cases to a poor fellow like me?

wait...naa to nagbaligya sa buy and sell ug full tower nga chassis, neon green lang ang color, pwede nuon pintalan. 'ngitaon sa nako ang link ha.

found it!

https://www.istorya.net/forums/comput...case-neon.html

**edit**

i watched the antec 1200 closely and it looks like this is the best way to go...grabeh ang space. the only thing i dislike is the big fan at the top, the grill is too big for a screw to fall in or a drop of water.
    Last edited by poldopunk; 08-26-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Wala man sa Cebu si Sir Vern bai, ipadala pa ang case?

yep, i know that pero kung makuha lang ang manufacturer, pede pangitaon nalang ang manufacturer.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    That green case looks like an old Thermaltake case I had. Looks pretty common. By the looks of it, the drives don't see to have easy access and it doesn't look like it has much room.

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vern, if you need 6 bays, I like the Thermaltake Armor:
    Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

but if you are looking for something a little more discrete:
    Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKN3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

or
    Newegg.com - CHIEFTEC BRAVO BA-01B-B-B Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Id recommend the Silverstone Tj10 if you could lower your bay requirements to 4, anyway you have a separate hard drive cage on the Tj10 that fits about 7 HDs
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

heres a link that discusses good full tower cases below $150. Maybe some ideas might pop up.

Good full tower case? - Cases - PC Hardware

most of them are posting $200 cases though.

if you something like hot-swapping sata hdd, get a full tower with 12 5.25" bays (cm stacker,cosmos, etc) then buy 2 of those silverstone hdd cages with hot-swap adapters (i think 3 5.25" bays = 4 3.5" bays)

YouTube - #914 - Lian Li PC-P80 Case Video Review
    kana brad mao na ako gidamgo nga case.........
    mahal mahal lang guro ni kita ko sa pc bodega 17k+

Ka thrilling unsa paliton ni sir vern.. basta mo gasto, paksit ang lian li pc-p80!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast