Elite Member
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up A Proposed Financial Literacy Group in the Campus

I have a proposal to you my fellow Istoryans, especially to those who are in the campuses that we will form a financial literacy group that will educate students financially.

My first propose activity:

• play cashflow 101 and 202 boardgame in the campuses by starting with those existing campus organization as their activities, more info about cashflow board game can be seen here

I need people who will help me organize this group, people who has the same vision as mine that is to help students be financially literate an help the schools building up men and women of success

If you are the one I'm looking for pls contact me below:

David Jereos
    YM:ddj_community

good idea. I hope na include unta na sa subject curriculum

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redcheek View Post
    good idea. I hope na include unta na sa subject curriculum
    yeah, i hope also

i agree with you redcheek and dudes. to all those students and teachers who strongly feel that teaching financial literacy in school (elementary, high school and college) could make a big difference not just in our economy but life in general, please give your support. some of my suggestions are:

for students:
    1) if you belong to a campus group/organization, try looking for a time and venue to sit down and play cashflow. it's really enjoyable and, more importantly, educational (trust me, i was able to have my first game last night and wished that i was able to have that experience when i was still in college)
    2) read, read, read! (dudes could provide you with a lot of good authors)

for teachers:
    1) try playing cashflow first (and other educational board games) and see if you could apply it as a teaching tool in class
    2) make the financial theories more applicable by giving examples based on the Philippine setting
    3) make financial literacy be part of the curriculum for all students

i guess that will be it for now. just my two cents.

bangon Pilipinas!

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marione View Post
    i agree with you redcheek and dudes. to all those students and teachers who strongly feel that teaching financial literacy in school (elementary, high school and college) could make a big difference not just in our economy but life in general, please give your support. some of my suggestions are:

for students:
    1) if you belong to a campus group/organization, try looking for a time and venue to sit down and play cashflow. it's really enjoyable and, more importantly, educational (trust me, i was able to have my first game last night and wished that i was able to have that experience when i was still in college)
    2) read, read, read! (dudes could provide you with a lot of good authors)

for teachers:
    1) try playing cashflow first (and other educational board games) and see if you could apply it as a teaching tool in class
    2) make the financial theories more applicable by giving examples based on the Philippine setting
    3) make financial literacy be part of the curriculum for all students

i guess that will be it for now. just my two cents.

bangon Pilipinas!
    i agree to what marione said that students and teachers should get involve to this activity of financial literacy or education, lets help Philippines prosper.

marione, thank you for the support. ü

6.    Advertisement