Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Default Of banning, muting and locking threads... (jst a discussion please dont ban me)

Some Mods here ( emphasis: Some) are quirky around here and pretty much arbitrarily do whatever they want, so I'm going to try to step carefully around this.

I was expecting that posters may say ANYTHING they want, as long as they're willing to take the heat and defend their words. If they can't take it they'll get run off the boards by vicious attacks from other posters. Pretty much the only way a thread gets locked or people get banned is by bringing up the families or real life addresses of other posters. You can threaten, cajole, insult and harass as much as you want, as long as it stays on the board. IMHO that's pretty much the way it should be. The only solution to 'bad' or unwise speech is more and better speech that shoots it down.

I think mild trash talk can be funnyif is intelligent and witty, not schoolyard and petty or dirty .

There's no way to police the internet unless you want to ban every poster that doesn't toe the forum line, and it's pretty much established that if you do that you're going to have the most boring board in the world in short order and NOBODY is going to come except a bunch of rubes exchanging pleasantries.

My SUGGESTION (not demand!) is that mods and owners get together and decide what their goals are, lay down a clear set of rules, and remain very reluctant to ban anyone or lock threads until there's some kind of danger that something is going to happen off the boards. Or if posters have to flame,I think a separate thread for trash talk should be created on an invitation basis, to let express people what they feel without the danger of being read by all posters.

Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

Anyway, I love this site and I respect the moderators and owners of this forum.

Default Re: Of banning, muting and locking threads... (jst a discussion please dont ban me)

the FORUM RULES will suffice..just follow what is stated in the rules and everything will be in order.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Of banning, muting and locking threads... (jst a discussion please dont ban me)

marke, we had our set of rules for more than 3 years now and majority of our members are happy with them. Our rules doesn't, in any way, limit or deprive you of a heated and intelligent discussion. Just choose your words wisely and you'll be fine. As I always remind people, attack the opinion and not the person.

Best Regards

eheem..brod Mosimos..klareks na?

As I always remind people, attack the opinion and not the person.
    just like this one?

eheem..brod Mosimos..klareks na?

^^dili man tawn na personal attack bai FK..gi clarrify lang nako sa thread starter nga c pareng mosimos kung ok ba cya sa tubag ni master Beor

musta naman diay bai?..long tym no post

Default Re: Of banning, muting and locking threads... (jst a discussion please dont ban

marke: We moderators often get together and talk about issues regarding this forum. our rules define our goals and as what BeoR said, you can basically say whatever you want, just learn how to do it with tact. The reason that we do not tolerate threats, insults, etc. is because we find it childish and petty. There is no assurance that these would stay within the board. We feel that it should not be given any room in this forum.

While the internet is the last bastion of the freedom to express, this freedom should be exercised intelligently. Unlike other boards where people are free to harass and insult anybody and everybody they please, iStorya.net moderators keep a close watch of the boards. We try to make sure that nobody goes beyond the rules of the forum. We've kept it this way for the past three years that the board has been around. And as evidenced by the volumnous posts in this forum, the admins like it, the moderators like it and it also seems that majority of the members like it as welll.

^^dili man tawn na personal attack bai FK..gi clarrify lang nako sa thread starter nga c pareng mosimos kung ok ba cya sa tubag ni master Beor
    wala ko kakuha sa point on bringing up a old username of this forum... onsa man naa ana? so wat he is mosimos, dawn_runner or si kinsa pa na dinha. so wat? so now i can accuse all the newbies nga usa sila sa nanga ban ani nga site or na mute?

kong gusto nimo i-clarify ngano wala man nimo siya tawga sa iya username?

I'm a Central Intelli... I mean a C.I.A. user already, and the only time I got banned was when I used another handle of mine to attack a mod

Other than that, I've participated in heated discussions trying to be calculating yet honest; and I've NOT been arbitrarily "Warned" or "Banned" ever since.

Welcome to the forums!

Default Re: Of banning, muting and locking threads... (jst a discussion please dont ban

ive been a member of this forum for some time now and never get any warning, or got my thread deleted or locked for no reasons at all.. why? simply because I follow the rules..

some of the members here dont care to read the rules, when they get reprimanded they think they've been violated or say "mods abuses power" and all that kind of thing. we have to respect the admin and moderators for thier decisions coz they know the rules better than any member of this forum...

if you are not comfortable with the rules, leave.. that's simple.

just my two cents... but better believe it..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast