Page 1 of 52 123411 ... LastLast
    Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Fitness first Rant

FITNESS FIRST RANT

Now I know there will be different reactions from people who read this but I don’t really give a damn and I feel the world has to know this because it didn’t only happen to me and my fiancé but to my sister and to a friend of mine who all enrolled separately at fitness first.

Here’s what happened. We enrolled At FITENES FIRST. We were asked to fill up a form. On the FORM its asked us to choose between 1 year or 3 months. We chose 3 (THREE) months. I have a copy of the contracts with me if any1 wants to see.

On the second month, we got tired of working out there because every time we did, these two blokey trainers would keep approaching us and try to convince us to pay them so they would train us and this happened every time we went there, so irritating.

So thinking our contract would end in about a month we decided to stop. After the 3 months have ended we went on with our lives. Suddenly, a friend of ours told us that we should call Fitness First right away because our contract hasn’t ended and will not end until we say so, we said what? We chose 3 months it should have ended already. So we called them up to complain about this, on the next day I went to fitness first and filled up a form to end my contract and complained directly to the people there, the manager wasn’t available.

I asked these guys this question:

What was the purpose of you guys letting us choose 1 year or 3 months in the first place?
    There answer: Umm…Errrr… Duhh.. Its just for rates purposes, if you choose 1 year then it would be cheaper, 3 months it would be higher.
    I told them: This is B.S.
    They Said: Your contract is open ended and will not stop unless you tell us so we will continue to BILL you.
    My Answer: If that is the case then why didn’t Anyone inform us about this at the START? And when our contract was about to end its 3 months at least someone could’ve called us up and tell us but instead nanugo pa sila ug lain nga tao to ask where we were, and at that time too late na kay na charge na daw nila sa credit card namu for the FOURTH MONTH.

Imagine, this didn’t happen to me, the same situation happened to a friend. Im finding a way to file a complain to DTI. What I am scared off is that these guys are using this as a money making scheme. Imagine P1,995.00 each person. Even just 1 extra month for lets say 10 people who fall into the same trap every month. You do the math.

Now on the “FINE PRINT” of their contract which I just recently read, it does say that after 3 months has ended it will still continue to bill us until we make a cancellation letter. I think this is one of the most stupid clause and doesn’t benefit any single member in any way at all. And they don’t even make the effort to explain it to you when you start.

Well I choose not to be taken advantage off. And thus this rant. I will never ever recommend this club to any1.

Our cancellation form was dated 5-13-05. But they still billed us for the entire month of May and It is Irreversible.

Some other short stories:
    My elder sister is pregnant with her 3’rd child so she cant go to the gym and chose to use the “FREEZING OPTION” which allows you to freeze your membership until such time you can back. The freezing option will bill you 20% of the monthly dues. But after freezing, they still billed my sister the regular amount. And to add to that, the regular amount they billed her was the wrong one, it was way higher. The first bill the sent her from the start of her membership was the wrong amount. They apologized for this and said it was a mixed up. So my sister went ahead and paid the wrong amount for the first bill because she was told that the overpay would just be applied to her succeeding bills. I turns out she got pregnant. So the overpay should have been enough to cover 9 months of 20%’s but, they kept on charging the wrong amount.

Its not about the money, its about the principle of it.
    If you guys are with me spread the word.
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

Tag an ko pa. i smell something fishy jud with F.First.. Eversince i was in Manila pa.. na uli nalang ko diri . mura lainan jud ko ana iyang club. I never joined though, they kept calling me and my friends every other day insisting us to join... (i have no idea where they got my num, it was just my first week in manila, no friends pa from mnla) On the first call pa lang i told thm na im not interested becs i hav a lifetime membership w/ a different workout place.. na hala, cge gyapon ug panawag, sa cell pajd samok au.
    Lain sad ilang marketing strategy... weird

wa nako nila tawga pag ingon nako nga naay gym amo companya hehehehe. namakak lang jud ko hahaha solb!

its a good thing i was able to read your comments about fitness first i was planning bya to apply by the end of the month...

ad2 mo FITNESS ADVANTAGE klaro pa ang service proven na jud! wla jud ko nagpadala anang ilang mga kuskusbalongos nangangkon pa jud ang FITNESS 1st na namalhin daw kuno sa ila ang mga clients sa FITNESS ADVANTAGE bwahahhaa! total B.S.! peepz or boss ryan tanawa lang gud to unsa ka gagmay sa FONT sa ilang contract!

mao btaw mangayo sila ug credit card kay they will really bill you! and charge you!

Full of BS gyud nang Fitness first!!! Who would ever think that you need to write a cancellation letter when your contract has already expired The thought is just plain stupid! They should have called their clients with almost expired contracts and ask them if they want to continue or not. Maayo lang manawag para mamugos ug pa enroll and once you've enrolled, ayaw nalang pag expect naa pay manawag nimog lain!

If anyone wants to enroll at fitness first, don't ever eve use your credit cards!!! Good thing we knew about this ahead of time kay I'm sure makabayad pamig two extra months nga 1,990 if dugay mi ni act. Karon, have to pay for the month of may lang gihapon... but ok nalang kaysa one more month! If I see them billing me next month, I'll just see them in court!!!

Sorry, grabe ko galagot sa fitness first!!! and sakto gyud mo, grabe kagamay ug font ilang contract! maboang pakag binasa.

really? but for me i chose 1 year membership... but thanks for this coz 1 of my students is planning to quit and he just used my boyfriend's credit card. so at least i can let him write a cancellation letter 2 months before he'll quit..

also, when they asked me for my credit card they just told me it's for identification purposes... they didn't tell me that they will bill it in my credit card...

thanks kaau...

THAT'S HILARIOUS...ILL TELL MY FRIENDS ABOUT IT...
    ☃♥☹❤✴♫♘❧☯✩♪★☮♥☼❦♬☂

OMG!!...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 52 123411 ... LastLast