Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default SPIRITUALITY IS NOT RELIGION...

SPIRITUALITY IS NOT RELIGION...

RELIGION SEPARATES PEOPLE.

religion is the opium of the people

akong stance, i believe there is a higher/greater being. you call him/her God, Allah, (Alien?)

note:
    sa kadaghang tawo dakong porsyento ma punta sa hell. so stop bragging about which religion is best or the one. this is not a game of popularity...di ba gamay ra ang dalan padulong sa heben?

"Its the p****ts that fukk you as they whisper holy things..."-rage against the machine

Default Re: SPIRITUALITY IS NOT RELIGION...

di ba gamay ra ang dalan padulong sa heben?

Dili gamay in numbers but gamay or narrow, thin or tight.
    Mao giingon narrow kay kung daghan ka gidala nga sala padulong aning dalana dili gyud ka kaagi.
    Pero kung imo na ibutang ang imu sala og ibilin makasulod naka og makaagi sa dalan.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    ake my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

Mao bitaw naay dili malangit kay gusto nila ang laing dalan, dalan nga walay bawal og dawaton ang ilang mga gibuhat nga sala. Kay kung musunod ka kang Kristo og musulod sa gamay nga dalan imo gyud ibilin ang imu mga sala like sugal, pangbabae/panglalake, inom og makahubog, luhod sa mga rebulto, og uban pa. Mao bitaw kinahanglan nga matawo ta pag-usab(born again in spirit) kay ang bag-ong natawo walay sala mao ang bata wala gyuy sala.

Peace!

dalan of the deceived i mean...

hmmm luhod rebolto i dont pray wood my friend

tulisan=villain

in all walks of life the villain always fail to obey/follow blindly. he/she questions,speculates, and asks why.

the bible, you seem to know much eh good for you.

i question the bible's credibility not its purpose. its purpose is noble but it lost its original form. many books were omited by the eperor constantine. some of the existing books are lost in translation.

PS dont post that bible history here save it for the other thread

PS dont post that bible history here save it for the other thread

The Bible was my source of information about SPIRITUALITY.
    How bout you what's your source.

i question the bible's credibility not its purpose. its purpose is noble but it lost its original form. many books were omited by the eperor constantine. some of the existing books are lost in translation.

When you say that its lost its original form , so you've doubted that its been adultered?
    But we have the older copies like greek and hebrews which is the language used on that time.
    Many manuscript bible was burned before but not all.
    You just said some of the existing books are lost in translation, so there are still not lost in translation.

Peace!

my source of information...collective information and knwoledge. science, history, etc.

i always keep an open mind...

a simple misinterpretation of the bible perhaps, turns the word of God against God. dont you think?

with that simple premise, you could say that text is nothing but a LIE.

The Bible was my source of information about SPIRITUALITY.
    How bout you what's your source.

Citation to obscure manuscripts like the Bible is not necessarily wrong, but it is just absurd to cite from it if the conversation or xchange is beyond biblical references.

SPIRITUALITY IS NOT RELIGION...

IF spirituality is not religion and religion is not spirituality then how do you define both? how do you demarcate between Spirituality and Religion? Religion itself doesnt necessarily mean an institution.

RELIGION SEPARATES PEOPLE.

It was afterall the Catholic Church, a Religious Institution that united Europe after the fall of Rome.

united europe ha...i beg to differ

does IRA, ring any bells. kosovo, chechnya...

the jews and the muslims perhaps...isipisipn mo.
    from a reulotionary view:NO Flag, No Religion, No fear (RATM)

the bible is your soucre...tell me what version??

spirituality is your relationship with your God...religion is just a brand, a label and it does separate people

united europe ha...i beg to differ

yes, and you should check your History. Because Europe during the time was crumbling after Rome fell. And it was the Roman Catholic Church as an institution, because it was the Religion that was dominant throughout Europe, that slowly replaced the Central "hub" of Europe. From the Ceasars to the Popes. United Europe under a flag but not necessarily stopping the feudal lords to fight each other. that was during the late antiquity, early and high middle ages while the late middle ages started the decling of papal influence.

does IRA, ring any bells. kosovo, chechnya...
    whats the connection? IRA though Catholics as they are struggling for independence from Aglican England, is fighting something which is political and not religous, and still thats not a significant point.

the jews and the muslims perhaps...isipisipn mo.
    from a reulotionary view:NO Flag, No Religion, No fear (RATM)

That depends on what revolutionary view you are lookin at, if you keep on citing Rage against the Machine which clearly has an inclination towards "communism", they being zapatista symphathizers. But my friend this is what you are looking at: that religion is merely a brand of sorts but its actually not a brand of sorts.

isipisipin mo nga to: (i have actually cited this in two earlier posts i forgot where, so ill have to repeat again)

the problem of defining religion is:
    1.) its etymological origin which means to relate,(the same way as you define Spirituality, a relationship with God)
    2.) there is no objective certainty towards its historical origins and
    3.) there are different interpretations and viewpoint on what "religion" is

see, there is a big problem in the definition of Religion. You couldnt merely encapsulize religion into something which is merely a Brand.

John Hick, a scholar on the subject matter, even mentioned that Marxism (the ideology your Rage against the Machine is so fond of) is actually a religous-political system. Religion and Ideolgy is said to be the same with the only difference is that Relgiion is other-worldy and Ideology is this-worldy. but besides it all, theres no difference.

see... isipisipin, isipisipin mo pa.

how fine the demarcation line is or if there is any demarcation line at all between Religion and Spirituality.

TALAGA!

if you want to say it that way...that since majority of europe converted they unite... but at what cost...blood. always was.

why cant you accept that religion is just a brand...and it does separate people. in a way perhaps.

what is the opium of the people?? religion di ba, according to marx.

spirituality= stripped down without religion is your relationship to God orto such any Higher being

masasabi mong iisa kasi your religion sets the standards...but may utak tayo. you either accept it blindly...or speculate. thats where spirituality lies.

how sure are you that your religion can help/save you....or mine can save me
    nobody knows...

politics and religion should not mix at least thats what i think...take a look at our country...taenesss noh

Citation to obscure manuscripts like the Bible is not necessarily wrong, but it is just absurd to cite from it if the conversation or xchange is beyond biblical references.

You've just say this because you've doubted the bible and you won't admit that everything is related and the bible mentioned it and have the essence about it. As we go along with other conversation you want to read it word for word and afraid or don't want to know the essence or message from the bible. Consider first the bible and consider some books that proves it physically then you will find out that it was related. This is how I make conversation and for you to say its absurd to cite it then prove it first that the bible can't be understood or the information is doubtful to all.

a simple misinterpretation of the bible perhaps, turns the word of God against God. dont you think?

not just misterpretaion but also translation, the bible must not be translated or interpreted but it must be understand with open heart and mind. It will not turns the word of God against God if its been misterpret but rather human who misterpret it will decieve his/her self, its their lost if they have misterpreted it and mistranslated because of their to know everything and did not submit to God's will.
    Religion alone doesn't separate people but our wrong individual/selfish understanding, opinion, and faith which God doesn't permit.

PEace!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast