Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My son is leaving us for college sa Manila

My son graduated last March from high school...prior to that he pass the entrance exam of a biggest university in Manila. We where very happy then. But now murag mingaw naman just thinking of him leaving us. Btw, he is our only son...I'd like to have some advice from you all on this. With the same situation with have with my wife.
    Your only son leaving you both for college in a far place.... thank you...

Blog Entries
    Ours is slightly different since we have three kids. First it was our daughter who set out to the big city and this year, our first son will also be studying in Manila. My advice is to think about what this would mean for his future. Allocate time to either bring him home or you and your wife visit him in Manila on a regular basis (at least once a month). Always keep in touch. Talk, text, viber, snapchat, twitter, you name it. Always remind him of your presence and offer your guidance even if he is far away.

It gets easier with time so just keep on thinking about what benefits this will bring him for his future.

Elite Member
    It's easier to communicate now that we have a flurry of devices and apps to take advantage of, but the presence will never be the same. This is the time where you brace yourself for a ride. He leaves a boy, he comes back a man. Probably after a year there, you might even notice that he wasn't the same kid you used to look over. I think this is the part where you start letting him go slowly. He is making big decisions for himself, and going to Manila is just a very minor detail of a grandeur picture he has in mind.
    Last edited by Pringle; 05-03-2015 at 11:03 PM.

i wish him well

Thank very much for the replies. It's been a good help reading what others with the same experience with us. We're a middle age couple with a very few friends around. I trust my son very much. As early as elementary days he has a very good self discipline.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, we just got an additional discount from the school last week. He received an email from them. I am very much proud of him, he may not know this and I do not show it to him.

Hinuon August paman sad any ilang school mag start. It's been lighter to read your replies.

Blog Entries
    Don't much about the feeling.. Pero if my son would go there when he gets to college. Ambot lang.. hehe dili gani ka larga sa gawas para mo work kay mingawon. Separation Anxiety... But anyway, they are not there para naa ra permi sa atong tupad. There will come a time for them to leave the nest and fend for themselves.. They won't know how to swim if we don't let them swim on their own.

Thank for the advice. Yes it's too difficult to let them out of your sight. This maybe the same thing with my parents when I left home for the high school seminar,the case is it was only here in Cebu. Actually his going to UP Diliman, wish us luck. Again thank you very much.

this may help...this is from my favorite Kahlil Gibran

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
    They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
    They come through you but not from you,
    And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
    For they have their own thoughts.
    You may house their bodies but not their souls,
    For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
    which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
    You may strive to be like them,
    but seek not to make them like you.
    For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
    as living arrows are sent forth.
    The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
    and He bends you with His might
    that His arrows may go swift and far.
    Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
    For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
    so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Magsakit man sab atua buot ani apil bai. Banat og date2 sa imuha anak ky hapit na August. Mingaw jud kaau na sa pirmiro pero anad2 ra man daw na.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast