Default Which Restaurants use the best "take out" materials (not food itself)

Not including pizza, they are mostly the same type box nowadays. However, the plastic pizza cutting "tool" that accompanies (or used to at least) a yellow cab pizza is convenient, it also keeps the pizza from getting crushed by the top of the box.

I think I have been most impressed by Bigby's. There are not an "expensive" place but they use aluminum foil and thick cardboard containers. The food is always still hot by the time I get it home, usually 45-60 minutes later.

I also like the way Sbarro uses the plastics to keep the food warm and neat. It is convenient to warm up in the microwave if you have leftovers and if you wash the plastics, you can use them again.

Which restaurants do you think do a good or poor job of keeping your food hot, fresh, or sealed (so it doesn't end up all over the street, your lap, or the carpeted floor of your car)?

Any stories of bad experiences?

Default Re: Which Restaurants use the best "take out" materials (not food itself)

Dimsum Break. i like their microwavable plastic containers. but they charge extra for that. Gerry's Grill also uses the plastic containers. very nice and neat

3.    Advertisement