Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Istorya Mobile Audio Enthusiasts (Diy, Tips, Faqs) Share your Car Audio System

Welcome to Istorya Mobile Audio Enthusiast

[img width=500 height=284]http://jimmyauw.com/wp-datajim/audio/48_woofercrank.jpg[/img]
    Move The SUBWOOFER To The Car

Let me be the first to welcome you to this thread. We would encourage everyone here to avoid having flamers on the thread, in effect it would allow me to keep the board as homy and as helpful to anyone as it can. This would also enable Istorya members to hear your concerns and learn more about this hobby.

If we see that the thread is unjustly used for profit, personal, or professional benefit, we will do some necessary actions. The Istorya Mobile Audio Enthusiasts thread is open to all for information gathering, we expect everyone to use the board accordingly.

Private message is an option in each of the members to use as a communication tool

As a topic starter and a platinum member we can delete any members posts if it acts as a threat or problem to this thread!
    Let us respect each one here and built good friendships together

Thank You! More power to this thread

Helpful links:

The BIGGEST LIE in Car Audio: http://www.kotseaudioclub.com/forum/...ic.php?t=14041

AUDIO definiton of TERMS: http://kotseaudioclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12299

Subwoofer Enclosure Design: http://www.danmarx.org/audioinnovation/theories.html

Subwoofer Wiring Guide: http://kotseaudioclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9948

Diy links

Deadening: http://kotseaudioclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28061

Tweeter Pod on Sail Panel: http://kotseaudioclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27922

The no look setup builthttp: http://kotseaudioclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21382

One Team : One Vision : One Hobby

Other links: for Istorya Mobile Audio Enthusiasts Buy and Sell

https://www.istorya.net/forums/index....tml#msg2280087

Important Faqs
    By Niel aka. blade4683

1. car's electrical system
    * using a 100A alt is not enough. you have to know at what engine rpm the alt is giving out 100A otherwise your system is getting much less (this is why some people adjust their engine's choke to increase the engine rpm at idle... to keep the alt's rotor rotating at the desired rpm for the desired output current)
    * even if he's using a kinetik battery (or 2), if the alt is still stock, the kinetiks will have a shorter-than-expected life
    * to power his entire system (assuming 1200wrms, 1-1000wrms for sub and 1-200wrms for front seps), his electrical system needs to produce 83.3A at 14.4v, or 86.96A at 13.8v (note higher current at lower voltages)... and that's assuming nothing but his sound system is on.
    * at power output in the kilowatt range, no amount of capacitance (by using stiffening caps) will substitute for an aftermarket alternator built to do the job
    * this is also why some inexperienced users often blow their "main" and amp fuses... to keep up with the high power drawn by amp(s), current flow increases to keep up with sagging voltages.

2. amp's efficiency (by virtue of its type/class)
    * class AB amps are about 60% efficient, while class D amps are much more efficient at up to 80+%
    * even if the electrical system is giving 1000w of power, see how much of it drives the speaker and how much is converted to heat...
    * to have an amp that produces 1000wrms at its speaker terminals, the manufacturers need to engineer the amp to compensate for these losses. so if indeed the amp powering the sub really gives out a true 1000wrms, it will actually demand more power at its input.

3. amp's actual output power
    * in fairness, some amps are also underrated. one can refer to what they call an amp's "birthsheet" to see how much power is actually produced by the amp (take note though, at what operating voltage the amps are running at)
    * my dls ca-10 is advertised to produce 1000wrms, but benchtests results reported by users in other forums report this amp can put out up to 1300wrms to 1ohm at 14.4v. unfortunately my electrical system can only give it up to 14.1v.

4. amp's power supply type (regulated or unregulated)
    * for amps with a regulated psu, they can keep rated power at its output over a wider range of input power, while for amps with unregulated psu's, output power is dependent on how much input power it gets from the car's electrical system.

5. sub's sensitivity
    * this is a figure that gives one an idea how "easy" or "difficult" it is to move the sub's cone (i.e. produce sound). higher figures mean sub will be relatively easy to drive

6. sub's true power rating
    * for this discussion and for simplicity sake, lets just say all dd subs are underrated by 200w. given this, wouldn't this mean that to run the sub at max power, the amp has to provide and additional 200w above the sub's rated power?

7. amp's protection circuits
    * any decent amp will have a protection circuit to protect it from excess heat or from drawing too much power (in addition to the installed fuses, as fuses take more time before they blow). running the amp cooler will mean lesser to no instances this protection circuit is triggered, meaning lesser amp cut-offs when showing off your system or when enjoying music at high volume
    * note that some manufacturers tend to keep their amps running on the safer side of things, and end up engineering their amps with lower-than-necessary thresholds for their protection circuits (i.e. protection circuits kicking in even "sooner" than expected)

setting an amp's gains is another story... the above presumes amp's gains are reasonably set (meaning at no instance will the amp be clipping during operation).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Istorya Mobile Audio Enthusiasts (Diy, Tips, Faqs) Share your Car Audio Syst

Sharing My ride: Kia Carnival

Hu: Pioneer Deh-4650
    Front Speakers: havent check the brand 6.5" stock
    Amplifier: Pyle Amp 4channel
    Subwoofer: Two 10" BLitz audio bandpass box
    Amplifier: 4channel Blitz Bza models

Default Re: Istorya Mobile Audio Enthusiasts (Diy, Tips, Faqs) Share your Car Audio Syst

My very simple mobile audio system with my Honda City 1998:

HU: Alpine CDE-9881
    Front: Focal Access CA1 6.5"
    Rear Fill: Polk Audio GXR6 6.5"
    Subwoofer: 1 x 12" Sony Xplod Subwoofer
    Amp: Sony Xplod XM-SD46X (4/3 Channels; 600W total max power)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Istorya Mobile Audio Enthusiasts (Diy, Tips, Faqs) Share your Car Audio System

heheh bro! wow! FOCALL aCCESS cA1 pwede mag pa audition sa imu sakyanan ?

MGA BAI KINSA MAN KAHIBAW MO SETUP UG SOUNDS ASIDE FROM GINO. NAA NAKO EXISTING PERO I WANT IT TO LOOK PRESENTABLE AND PROFESSIONALLY DONE. I HAVE 2 ALPINE 12" TYPE R SUBWOOFER WITH BOX NA, 2 MONO AMP ALPINE (FORGOT THE MODEL), 1 JBL(PARA FRONT SPEAKER), AUDIOCONTROL, 2 1.8F CAPACITOR, JVC DVD HEAD UNIT, FOCAL FRONT SPEAKERS. PLEASE TEXT ME 09184293585 TNX

Blog Entries

you can look for terrence, pepot, diyoy or me!

Default Re: Istorya Mobile Audio Enthusiasts (Diy, Tips, Faqs) Share your Car Audio System

bai post mga pic sa inyo ride...hehehe taman ramn ko tan aw ani kay wla man sounds ako bao..salamat

Blog Entries

hehe pongpagong@ bisag stock nimu? wala kai sounds?

Ride : Nissan Sentra B14
    HU : DEH-P6850

Seps : Crystal & Targa

Sub : Kicker CVX-12

Amp seps : RF P600.2
    Amp sub : Hifonics Bxi1606D

Absolute Wiring Kit gauge 0

ride: isuzu hilander 2000
    hu: alpine cda-9811
    spkrs:
    front: peerless definition 5 seps
    sub: 15" kicker solobaric L7 dual 2ohms, 6cu.ft. ported box
    amps:
    front: orion co-265/ppi a404
    sub: dls ca-10 (modified)
    sound processors:
    audiocontrol eqx
    audiocontrol epicenter
    others:
    absolute 1.8F cap
    absolute fuse blocks
    absolute 2ga power wires
    efx 16ga wires for front spkrs
    efx 8ga wire for sub
    efx audio interconnects/y-splitters
    efx battery terminal (for 2ga wires)
    bosch relay for remote turn-on lead
    car mods:
    big 3 wiring (2ga)
    flashband on all doors and rear side panels
    throw pillows inside rear panel cavities
    removed all fold-able rear seats

future upgrades:
    - 100+ amp alt (asa kaha ta kapalit ani for diesel auvs?)
    - kinetic/lightning audio battery
    - cda-9813 -> mediagate mg-350hd media center w/ 320gb hdd
    - 15" lcd monitor for viewing movies/music videos
    - 400w inverter for mediagate and monitor
    - new box for 2 s15l7d2 subs c",) c",)

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast