Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Why is there so much hate toward America?

Why is there so much hate toward America?
    By Don Tagala, ABS-CBN North America News Bureau
    Posted at 04/19/2013 10:59 AM | Updated as of 04/19/2013 10:59 AM

BOSTON– The 9-11 attacks and the Boston bombings left many people wondering, why is there so much hate toward America?
    When some people in Boston were asked this question, just days after Monday’s deadly marathon bombings, many said a simple answer cannot be offered.
    “It’s so much bigger than just America, I’m proud to be an American but I think people are forgetting what it is to be human, and it’s a responsibility, I think it’s just sad that we’re not living up to living that responsibility,” said Boston student Catherine McParland.
    Boston Marathon runner Colin McClaine said, “The United States has been involved in a lot of different conflicts. I don’t know, I don’t have any answers for that one, I don’t know what the reasons are.”
    Nathan Hortono, a Singaporean student who is based in Boston, said, “I don’t think it’s against America personally, I think they’re just from really bad people that wanna hurt a lot of people, it’s not like what America has done but what people are becoming.”
    Meantime, Filipino-American Herminio Ocampos and his family were among those who said a little prayer at a makeshift memorial site at the Boston Commons. The Guam native said, tragedies like this can be terrifying, especially for families with children.
    “Absolutely, especially with children, mainly because one of the children from what I understand was 8 years old, it was a fatal accident for him, I’ve always been concerned of large crowds and big public events like that but I don’t think that that should stop anybody from pursuing their freedom,” Ocampos said.
    Nineteen-year-old student Catherine Mcparland said terrorism has been a byword in America, but it was only after it hit close to home did she feel its visceral impact.
    “We grew up with the words terrorism and everything in our vocabulary and it never really scared me or made an impact to me until this happened,” McParland said, “I made a sign that I hung up there that says Generation Peace. I think there’s such an absence of it.”

Source: Why is there so much hate toward America? | ABS-CBN News

Blog Entries
    I asked this question myself just a few days ago. I don't get it either.

: dili raman us ang naay haters. . daghan man country pud siguro. and siguro mao naay naghate sa us kay tungod daghan silag conflict nga gi.apil.apilan

DIFFERENCE IN OPINION AND VIEWS + INTOLERANCE = HATRED

This applies to all aspect of mankind.

Foreign policy aside, many nations are jealous of the prosperity enjoyed by Americans and the global influence American culture has attained over the decades. Also in the eyes of Islamic extremists (arguably the most vocal of Muslims) the USA stands as a symbol of ungodliness and as their very existence revolves around hate they absolutely must have a target for their violence. It's a handy excuse for them to indulge their blood-lust in my opinion.

akong pangutana pod kay: why hit the public when they should be hitting the military/government offices?
    akong huna-huna pod kay: the public...because its what hurts most...AND...what the greedy people in the government can make an EXCUSE of to go to war and spend money/coffer up money...

Daghan gyud mi hate nila esp. kana mga anti-westerners,
    pero mas hate nako ang China kay bully kau and up to no good.

Conflict + Being Superpower + influence = no.1 hatred gyud ka.. pariho ra gud ana mo trabaho ta, tungod kay TOP Performance kaayo ka sa inyo Department then mkatiming ka sip-sip og insecure officemate.. expect nlng jud og Haters ana!

Quote Originally Posted by reptoid View Post
    Foreign policy aside, many nations are jealous of the prosperity enjoyed by Americans and the global influence American culture has attained over the decades. Also in the eyes of Islamic extremists (arguably the most vocal of Muslims) the USA stands as a symbol of ungodliness and as their very existence revolves around hate they absolutely must have a target for their violence. It's a handy excuse for them to indulge their blood-lust in my opinion.
    +1

They also have military bases in many parts of the world. And that title, "World's Policeman" gets on a lot of people's nerves including Americans themselves.

The world is functioning as a whole
    with interdependence and common cooperation
    in order for the entire human race as much as possible
    to thrive in harmony and abundance.
    The USA is trying to protect this ideals defending it and
    concurrently hereby protecting their own interests as well.
    It is in this somewhat misconstrued as a meddling act that the USA
    was so hated for it is already imposing itself overlapping cultures and
    preventing untoward political interests.
    A more noble act in preserving the world and itself
    for they need each other in order to flourish.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast